• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my, haha!

I love you though ♥

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Keep at it bro, you're still on my ♥-list!

Snowman

So nice seeing Huk lose to a good zerg who is willing to exploit the weaknesses of protoss, and in a straight up macro game. Should have 6 gated you cheesy bastard

It's nice seeing Huk try to play a more straight up game against zerg, just a shame he lost that last game after pulling pretty far ahead because of repeatedly messing up his micro against sleep's weird/awesome baneling drop style.. Probably not something he sees much in practice.

Hopefully some other foreigner will do well at this mlg instead though, it'd suck to see a top 8 full of koreans again.

Yoshichan

CORRAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE DIABLO THREAD!

edit: on a serious note, I would love to play with you :3

Zen

Banned
Oh and Blizzard losing the name DOTA is huge. It will affect the "sales". People know what DOTA is, they don't know what the fuck All-Stars is.

It still won't matter as much provided they make Blizzard all stars free and not tied to the HoTS client.

(._.)

Banned
Destiny got booted from casting some LAN coming up LOL. Nerds and neckbeards on reddit acting surprised and confused over why they would kick him LMAO

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Destiny got booted from casting some LAN coming up LOL. Nerds and neckbeards on reddit acting surprised and confused over why they would kick him LMAO

because people actually went out of there way to email the organisers to say that destiny is a racist.

I don't know why you didn't include that bit..

Yoshichan

I am so confused!

Yoshichan

In a matter of months, people will realize that it's pointless asking "who won" whenever Flash plays against someone.

My problem with the ep is more a general complaint about Internet news/blogs. There's such an obsession over fast news and reaction that products are rushed out to be first out in order to break exclusive news. Anyone could tell that episode's audio quality was so bad it shouldn't have been aired. But if course we just couldn't live without getting measured repetitive news from Sundance ASAP as he rode a fucking train

They even admitted everyone knew the news early that morning, and even before. Why not wait until Sundance was truly ready to talk, later that day perhaps, or even today. Half of everything he said couldn't be heard

Snowman

My problem with the ep is more a general complaint about Internet news/blogs. There's such an obsession over fast news and reaction that products are rushed out to be first out in order to break exclusive news. Anyone could tell that episode's audio quality was so bad it shouldn't have been aired. But if course we just couldn't live without getting measured repetitive news from Sundance ASAP as he rode a fucking train

They even admitted everyone knew the news early that morning, and even before. Why not wait until Sundance was truly ready to talk, later that day perhaps, or even today. Half of everything he said couldn't be heard

They probably didn't know the audio quality would be that bad when it started? People would've been more pissed if they said they were gonna do it and then bailed out. I think people had a lot of questions after the announcement and it was nice to get some of them answered.

They probably didn't know the audio quality would be that bad when it started? People would've been more pissed if they said they were gonna do it and then bailed out. I think people had a lot of questions after the announcement and it was nice to get some of them answered.

They didn't know talking on a phone from a train in NY would be a problem? Come on. I just don't see what the rush was about

People had questions sure, but why not wait until they were ready. It's not like people were getting answers anywhere else, they were gonna be patient. Bah, I hate Internet news

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
They didn't know talking on a phone from a train in NY would be a problem? Come on. I just don't see what the rush was about

People had questions sure, but why not wait until they were ready. It's not like people were getting answers anywhere else, they were gonna be patient. Bah, I hate Internet news

its not like we got answers anyway.

That's a good point as well

I'm not shitting on JP, I'm rather neutral to him. And my snark towards MLG has kind of died now that they're making huge moves and dominating everyone overall.

It was clear Sundance was saying he won't let BW players to to IPL IMO. You could tell he wasn't happy about GOM semi-partnering with them. Initially I thought IGN would dominate. Now ehhhh.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
That's a good point as well

I'm not shitting on JP, I'm rather neutral to him. And my snark towards MLG has kind of died now that they're making huge moves and dominating everyone overall.

It was clear Sundance was saying he won't let BW players to to IPL IMO. You could tell he wasn't happy about GOM semi-partnering with them. Initially I thought IGN would dominate. Now ehhhh.
kespa is very good at burning though goodwill outside of korea and the bw players have a big handicap and big expectations upon them. ipl is playing safer, mlg is gambling on an explosion of interest for the new players and high success from them. IPL just needs MC/DRG/MKP to keep dominating mlg's and keeping bw players down outside kespa leagues.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Esports media blows. Everyone is affiliated with people / organizations far to much. I'd prefer chobopeon do a video interview with Sundance than this sotg.

kespa is very good at burning though goodwill outside of korea and the bw players have a big handicap and big expectations upon them. ipl is playing safer, mlg is gambling on an explosion of interest for the new players and high success from them. IPL just needs MC/DRG/MKP to keep dominating mlg's and keeping bw players down outside kespa leagues.

Interesting point. I haven't watched the Flash replay yet, but I seriously doubt he'll be competitive against MKP, MVP, or MMA anytime soon. But like Boxer, everything he does will get a shit ton of hype and interest. Even more so actually; every game Flash plays will be heavily hyped and watched across the globe. I wouldn't be surprised if Flash can stomp various foreigners at the MLG after Anaheim, but he won't be winning consistently against top Koreans. Will that hurt the myth of BW players, which MLG is clearly investing heavily in? Perhaps in the short term, but MLG will still have the absolute most popular players at their tournaments all the time.

I don't expect Flash to go to every MLG, or Jaedong etc, but whoever shows up will receive a lot of interest. IPL won't have that hype. Sundance said he'll most likely work with Dreamhack, which means European tournaments will get a piece of the pie as well while MLG dominates the US

Snowman

Esports media blows. Everyone is affiliated with people / organizations far to much. I'd prefer chobopeon do a video interview with Sundance than this sotg.

It's not like incontrol was holding back on his questions though. You can tell JP made sure he was the one asking the questions because of the affiliations and such.

Good lord, Stephano is too good at ZvP. The way he instantly remaxes feels like a preview of what we'll be seeing in a few months/years as zerg further evolves.

A more aggressive Protoss would certainly do better against his style, but he's proven before that he doesn't even need to scout to shut down most Protoss builds

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Interesting point. I haven't watched the Flash replay yet, but I seriously doubt he'll be competitive against MKP, MVP, or MMA anytime soon. But like Boxer, everything he does will get a shit ton of hype and interest. Even more so actually; every game Flash plays will be heavily hyped and watched across the globe. I wouldn't be surprised if Flash can stomp various foreigners at the MLG after Anaheim, but he won't be winning consistently against top Koreans. Will that hurt the myth of BW players, which MLG is clearly investing heavily in? Perhaps in the short term, but MLG will still have the absolute most popular players at their tournaments all the time.

I don't expect Flash to go to every MLG, or Jaedong etc, but whoever shows up will receive a lot of interest. IPL won't have that hype. Sundance said he'll most likely work with Dreamhack, which means European tournaments will get a piece of the pie as well while MLG dominates the US

i see it as a race between the bw pros becoming competitive and kespa growing Leery of their brand being trounced by the competition.

mlg wins in the short term because they get to play host to kespa vs gom; but if gom consistently wrecks kespas shit, i would be utterly unsurprised if kespa just stopped sending significant players or any players at all.

then ipl wins for being the place for giant 'korea vs world' events.

hidden end: mrbitter swag increases to maximum, earning nasl enough money to buy gom, mlg, ign and kespa

Yea we'll see. I also think Kespa will leave the deal (when it expires) having learned a lesson about player access. I can't wait for the big tournament Kespa has planned later this year, which will be open to GOM players.

Also, we're close to the next proleague....no news on an English stream, new stream website, etc?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yea we'll see. I also think Kespa will leave the deal (when it expires) having learned a lesson about player access. I can't wait for the big tournament Kespa has planned later this year, which will be open to GOM players.

Also, we're close to the next proleague....no news on an English stream, new stream website, etc?
ive heard tales of an english stream, but i dont wanna google a source. >_>

didnt they just hire an english LoL caster?

I really don't think MLG will get that much out of the deal when it comes to stream #s wise, I mean it will grow, but it was gonna grow regardless of these players since SC2, LoL and Dota2 are growing.

Think about it, who will care that much about Flash playing that is not either A) already watching the streams and knows who these people are and why they are important or B) Hardcore BW dudes who if you manage to make all of them watch will amount to how much, 1k, 2k ?

I don't know, I guess the only real place of growth you could get from this deal that you wouldn't have otherwise got is that the korean mainstream will stay up till the morning to fuck around in an english site, opening an english stream and cast on off chance to see your favorite players.

i see it as a race between the bw pros becoming competitive and kespa growing Leery of their brand being trounced by the competition.

mlg wins in the short term because they get to play host to kespa vs gom; but if gom consistently wrecks kespas shit, i would be utterly unsurprised if kespa just stopped sending significant players or any players at all.

then ipl wins for being the place for giant 'korea vs world' events.

kespa vs gom is happening regardless, the mlg/kespa deal is USA specific or (more likely) outside korea specfic. OGN is already talking about the OS2L that will start in July/Aguest being open to kespa player, gom player and amateurs, the proleague after this one will have kespa/gstl team playing each other and of course, we'll see the BW pros play in the code A qualis towards the later GSLs of this year.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ive heard tales of an english stream, but i dont wanna google a source. >_>

didnt they just hire an english LoL caster?

1dm41273.jpg

Yoshichan

Wait, didn't Scarlett join like two weeks ago?

Yoshichan

It's confusing me as-well :lol but I like it!

1VCEq.gif

MrKnives

It pains me that the first games we will see from Flash and sorts are casted by Moletrap & Torch. I doubt they are any good yet so the games probably won't be all that amazing first but still, I feel they deserve more.

Top Bottom