• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

smr00

Banned
6.5K viewers at the moment (probably because no one can stream HOTS but whatever). Wish artosis would stream more often.

That's half the fun though. I'm waiting for him to get up to the train mission because it's going to wreck him.

I'll believe this when i see it, i'd be surprised if it doesn't cheat in some fashion (and if it doesn't it will be way too easy). They need to hire the guy who made the custom AI for BW that would actually micro like a real player. That was some of the most fun i've had playing the game.
Yeah. Building 2-3x faster and getting 2-3x more minerals doesn't make the AI hard it just makes it cheap and there is no fun in playing against shitty cheating AI.

I play pretty much every single day.
I played today, un-ranked. Lost my first ZvZ but won the second. Both were platinum. Some guy tried to 7p me but I cancelled my 15h and got a pool up in time. Then he built a bunch of spines and went Spire, naturally it didn't work but I took ages to beat him. Lots of hydras

I'm rusty

Anyone else play the StarCraft games for the story? I'm the worst RTS player, but play the StarCraft games cause I like the universe. I'm going to play Heart of the Swarm and I'm sure I'll struggle. A couple missions in WoL I had to use the cheat god mode in order to pass it.

I loved the story in BW but after what happened in WOL i simply don't care anymore (HOTS looks to be as bad). I do enjoy playing the campaign and the missions though.

(._.)

Banned
I may start playing again... or not ._.

looking forward to the unranked games and blizzard taking away all the things that made 1v1 way too super serious

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How About Some Yoshi since he isnt banned anymore.

░░░░░░█▒▒█▒▒█░░░░░░░
░░░░░█▒░░░░▒▒█░░░░░░
░░░░░█░█░█░░▒████░░░
░░░░░█░█░█░░░█▓▓▓█░░
░░░███░░░░░░░██▓▓█░░
░░█▒▒▒█░█░░░█▒▒███░░
░█▒▒▒▒▒█▒███▒▒▒▒█▓█░
░██▒█▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒█▓▓█
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒█▓▓█
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒███░
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░░░░▒▒██░░
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██░░▒▒█▓█░
░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░░▒▒███░░░
░░██▒▒▒▒█░░░▒▒█▓█░░░
░░░░██████░░▒▒▒████░

AKA some more title suggestions yo! Thread goes up on Tuesday for HotS
Cute :3

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE HOTS OT!!!

Vaporak

Curtesy of Kaldor and Wolf, first world zerg problems: "The Ultralisks are having a bad engagement, they can't get in there and do the damage when so many broodlings are in their way!"

:lol

profit

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| I moved heaven and earth to bring you back
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| I never gave up on you, dont you give up on us
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| What have you done?
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| What if GAF could see you right now?

#Vengeance

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Almost 3 years since WoL? Not a fast expansion.

mbmonk

Anyone else play the StarCraft games for the story? I'm the worst RTS player, but play the StarCraft games cause I like the universe. I'm going to play Heart of the Swarm and I'm sure I'll struggle. A couple missions in WoL I had to use the cheat god mode in order to pass it.

I play SC mainly for the story. It's the main reason I am getting HotS. MP is always fun to play, but I suck and I don't have the time or skill to really play MP at any meaningful level. Unless someone counts the bronze league as 'meaningful' :p.

EDIT: Probably the most memorable gaming moment for me was the Kerrigan double cross in the original Starcraft campaign.

(._.)

Banned
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| A New Evolution of Destructible Rocks

lol'd

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| for talking about a game we don't actually play

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Play placements + 5 ranked, Diamond, Retire 6-4

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Protoss OP /panda

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Corran still isn't masters

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| RIP GAF NIGHT

Jezbollah

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Ain't nuthin but a GG thang
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| The Bitch Is Back

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

V_Arnold

So, should I be excited for HOTS, folks? I will be jumping in on day 1 regardless of its quality, but still.... heard so many pessimistic prediction about the multiplayer changes.

Yoshichan

So, should I be excited for HOTS, folks? I will be jumping in on day 1 regardless of its quality, but still.... heard so many pessimistic prediction about the multiplayer changes.
Buy it and play with me :3! Isn't that what everyone wishes?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Now with more imbalanced units
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| You can come back from losing now
//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Getting closer to BW

I got nothing

Holden

lol'd

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| for talking about a game we don't actually play

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Play placements + 5 ranked, Diamond, Retire 6-4

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Protoss OP /panda

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| Corran still isn't masters

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm|OT| RIP GAF NIGHT

+1 any of these.

fatty

I still love the game. As a zerg player, I struggle against some of the new Terran and Protoss units (those terran mines can be devastating) but I have confidence that these issues will be sorted out as time goes.

I have other games that are on my backlog but I find myself coming home and playing SC2 just to relieve some stress. Nothing beats unwinding to a little 1v1 mulitplayer while listening to Pandora. OK, well there are a few things but still...

Yoshichan

but I find myself coming home and playing SC2 just to relieve some stress.
That's insane. Most people who play this game gets stressed out.

Aylinato

The evolution of motherfucking esports.
The evolution of /dance.
Fight fire with acid.
6pool just got better.
Aww yiss. Motherfucking spider mines.
New UI, same fucking cannon rushes, bitches.
Have you seen my /dance?
New to the party? Join the /dance.
This is your plan?
Get over here!

ghst

thanks for the laugh
someone going to start an IEM thread? the first major HOTS lan event deserves a special mention.

zargle

Because widow mines are not spider mines. They're not one time use. They're like a cross breed between spider mines and lurkers.

I would think one of the arguments against it would be that other static defenses (cannons/spines) do not cost supply, in fact spine crawlers take away supply and are just as mobile and reusable, although not cloaked.

I would think one of the arguments against it would be that other static defenses (cannons/spines) do not cost supply, in fact spine crawlers take away supply and are just as mobile and reusable, although not cloaked.

if spine crawlers did air and ground splash damage, 1 shot all gateway units, and could be loaded in medivacs I would agree with you. (Lets not even get into the fact they require detection to kill ontop of not requiring creep.)

But since they don't....

zargle

if spine crawlers did air and ground splash damage, 1 shot all gateway units, and could be loaded in medivacs I would agree with you. (Lets not even get into the fact they require detection to kill ontop of not requiring creep.)

But since they don't....

I didn't mean to imply that they should not cost supply, just trying to spitball reasons why they shouldn't.

smr00

Banned
I for one will not buy HOTS day 1. Maybe after a month or two of time since release...
Do you play SC2 on a regular basis? If so i would be interested in hearing your reason as to why because i can't think of a reason to not buy this day 1 if you play this daily or every other day.

Do you just play Arcade games? Want to wait till it's balanced some more?

You planning on participating in any tournament soon EJ?

I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing HoTS day 1 either.... I'm super exited for it and I love SC2; its just a money issue.

Nah I'm not good enough yet. Also HOTS is gonna change the meta pretty bad, gotta relearn everything before playing in tourneys.

Sarcasm. Maybe, I think.

Is it imba?

Stargate has always been viable in WoL Late game PvZ, Hour+ long PvP's (Truthfully this has gone out of style because of how played out the matchup is), and PvT vs rare mech builds.

In HOTS it's just easier/stronger to go stargate, and you can seemingly open stargate in PvT now (Oracle).

not just IPL 6, the entire franchise seems to be going under. they're trying to find work for the peple who ran IPL. WOW RIP

The bubble is bursting. I wonder what esports vets like Jason Lake thing, seeing this slowly happen again. Interest in SC2 is largely gone and while dota games are huge in terms of viewers, I'm not sure the fanbase is there to sustain big events monetarily; that community seems content with online tournaments.

IMO SC2 will pretty much be dead by the time LOTV comes out.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The bubble is bursting. I wonder what esports vets like Jason Lake thing, seeing this slowly happen again. Interest in SC2 is largely gone and while dota games are huge in terms of viewers, I'm not sure the fanbase is there to sustain big events monetarily; that community seems content with online tournaments.

IMO SC2 will pretty much be dead by the time LOTV comes out.

More like IGN got sold off and new owners dont want to host costly tournaments as advertisements for IGN.

Top Bottom