• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Whoa Scarlett was downed by Toodming! GG WP to all members. Masa played out of his mind. I mean holy shit vs Toodming on Frost. Also Toodming good job with your games.

However I think you will become a new Sniper/Roro who takes out fan favorites and is hated by people/fans LOL.

Heart just took all of Ryung's talent and became the new head Terran of Axiom lol.

Scarlett sadly didn't play the best she could of in her games and I expected better of her since she beat Bomber. Oh well Season 2 might be better for her.

SamuraiX-

I'm glad to hear that TooDming played well because at first all I could think was "Scarlett got knocked out in the Ro32 by some Chinese Zerg clown!?!?" In her last tournament at NorthCon, she 3-0'd Life and gave JD a run for his money so it's still pretty baffling.

I'll have to check out those VODs.

SamuraiX-

Time for new ones to rise up and take over as the new hopes! Go Root Illusion!

n9Ih1hf.jpg

Too bad Maru, never transitioned to Ghosts. He should have killed Classic off but he couldn't so he paid for it. If he got the Ghosts out before Classic pushed him all the way back then he could have won the match with clutch EMPs.

Aaron

Too bad Maru, never transitioned to Ghosts. He should have killed Classic off but he couldn't so he paid for it. If he got the Ghosts out before Classic pushed him all the way back then he could have won the match with clutch EMPs.
He had plenty of time to get ghosts too. I kept looking around, wondering where his ghosts were, and why the casters didn't mention them, since it seemed obvious he would lose to this heavy templar style without them.

Shut up, Tasteless. Classic isn't playing well. His micro is shit, and macro isn't much better, but you don't need actual skill when you have timewarp and storm. Of course he can transition easily... he's a protoss! If a terran transitioned that would be impressive. And he went for the exact same build as game one. How is that hard to read?

WTF! Seriously this is why people complain about TvP. Maru couldn't do shit because of Blink play while Classic macros and transitioned out of Blink into Storm and Charge.

Oh send a medivac and lose your main base to Blink Stalkers, how nice would that be?

In Game 1 it could be argued that Maru lost that on his own for not transitioning. But this game was BS. Maru lost due to an imbalance in the early game for Protoss vs Terran on that map vs Blink.

Maru pretty much has to depend on taking out Symbol or Hydra. Thankfully they aren't that good of Zergs. Maybe Symbol will take both Hydra and Classic out and we can get a rematch.

If Bbyong is the only Terran in RO 16 I'm dropping GSL for this season.

Aaron

Maru's tvz isn't great, so I wouldn't be surprised if he drops. He'll have the slight advantage of facing the weaker zerg, but if that zerg has any brains he'll just mass mutas until they're unstoppable.

Maru's tvz isn't great, so I wouldn't be surprised if he drops. He'll have the slight advantage of facing the weaker zerg, but if that zerg has any brains he'll just mass mutas until they're unstoppable.

He just has to kill the Zerg before they get to that point. I planned to sleep after Maru went to the winners and then won the group but Classic threw this off.

Zen

Banned
And that is why Hydra is my favorite Zerg. He's SO aggressive, all of his games are razors edge and incredibly tense. I remember when Flash, barely, beat him a couple seasons ago. Hydra was doing multi step all in that Flash had to correctly predict for each wave, it was a great game, just like this one.

Man where the hell was this Hydra in Proleague? lol

If Hydra takes this then I want him to crush Classic. Then Maru needs to take revenge on Classic. Maru has like a 8-0 record vs Symbol lol.

Edit: Now Hydra showed his true color with that throw. This is why CJ doesn't play him anymore lol.

Aaron

Great holds by Hydra, even after that amazing trap Symbol had for his roaches.

Hydra just gift wraps game 2 to Classic. Embarrassing.

Wow Maru wtf is going on? Banelings too good. Looks like GSL is not for me this season.

I mean Bbyong only in Code S?

Maru please comeback and take it. You cannot go 4-0 in a group pls!

Really gotta hate last minute things. Missed the end of Maru vs Symbol. Thankfully Maru made it and its now him vs Hydra.

PLS Maru! Win and get to Code S!

Too bad Maru. Lets see if you can come back 2 games or you fall here.

Hydra's bane bust was too good. Should have built the bunkers right after seeing the baneling nest.

Too bad Maru. Lets see if you can come back 2 games or you fall here.

Hydra's bane bust was too good. Should have built the bunkers right after seeing the baneling nest.

Definitely should have but even with 3 or 4 bunkers up i think he still would have died. Without the reapers and hellions he just had too little left to defend.

Aaron

Hydra just needs to mass mutas and he wins. There's nothing Maru can do to stop that.
He has enough mutas now. This game is done.

Hydra completely botched that engagement. He could have easily used the mutas to kill all the thors, and let the lings clean up the rest.

MAruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. What a fucking game, sick play from maru towards the end there. Thought he had lost multiple times. Come on bring it home Maru.

Hydra just needs to mass mutas and he wins. There's nothing Maru can do to stop that.

He has enough mutas now. This game is done.

Good thing Hydra was stupid enough to throw them away. But god my heart is still pounding!

GO MARU! Finish the fight and take the win and go to Code S!

God damn, terrans love their proxy rax's when the series is on the line. Those last 2 games were tense as fuck. So happy Maru made it, i think if the patch comes out soon maru has a really good chance of taking this GSL.

Damn I honestly rooting for Hydra.

Wat? Hydra can be fun to watch but maru is about as entertaining as they come. That plus terran.

Top Bottom