• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Aaron

While not as insanely lucky as Bbyong, Maru was pretty fortunate tonight since he was playing like he had never seen banelings before. Now he needs to twitter harass David Kim into getting the next patch out before round of 16.

Zen

Banned
I agree with everything you said, but Hydra has had a decent amount of anti ans (for some reason) because he's so aggressive, I would have liked to see him make it to Code S as he's very good (obviously).

Still, Maru! We have a Terran hope!

OMFG! MARU! HOLY SHIT! HAHAHAHA My heart stopped looking at the production tab and seeing what Hydra was making and seeing where the Overlord was scouting.

God damn! What a night. Team Maru for the win! GSL will actually be worth watching with 2 Terrans vs the Protoss and Zerg onslaught. GGWP to everyone in the group but especially to Maru. Down and looked like he was out but he managed the comeback.

I agree with everything you said, but Hydra has had a decent amount of anti ans (for some reason) because he's so aggressive, I would have liked to see him make it to Code S as he's very good (obviously).

Pretty much if you're a zerg who likes playing aggressive (or gasp going all in) you tend to get a lot of hate. I agree though that it's nice watching an aggressive zerg.

SamuraiX-

NnNHmxu.png

Stream: WCS Europe

SamuraiX-

I saw ForGG got Blunked upon in Game 2. Did BabyKnight pull the same shit in Game 3?

Granted ForGG's decision making wasn't the best even after he prepared for it pretty well so hard to say he got screwed.

Aaron

With twitch being screwed, all I saw of game three was the worst attack a terran has ever made in the history of the game. Attacking blink stalkers with pure marines while being outnumbered two to one. It was ugly.

Now I've also seen the worst swarm host movement mistake in the history of zerg.

SamuraiX-

Dayshhhhiiii!!

Holy crap! He's gotta be ecstatic right now! Great play, reads and patience in Games 1 and 3.

There's no way he doesn't make it out of this group now since TvZ is his strongest match up. Shouldn't have too much trouble with Miniraiser.

SamuraiX-

Miniraser just accidentally detonated like 10 Banelings nowhere near combat just as Dayshi was starting to push across the map...

Now that's one of hell of a display of nerves if I've seen one. lol

SamuraiX-

Holy shit did Dayshi really comeback and win on Polar Night? I had to step away... Miniraser's economy was booming. What happened?? Terran 3/3? Bad engagement?

Surprised this is Dayshi's first round of 16. He's been pretty solid for a while.

He came reeeaaallly close in WCS EU 2013 Season 1... then in Season 2, Protoss too stronk.

SamuraiX-

tcrdF4F.png

Stream: WCS America

HyuN already made it through.

TheStC vs Revival about to start.

I just realized Bomber vs Jaedong is tomorrow and I'm gonna be in class when it goes live.... fuck everything. ;_;

tcrdF4F.png

Stream: WCS America

HyuN already made it through.

TheStC vs Revival about to start.

I just realized Bomber vs Jaedong is tomorrow and I'm gonna be in class when it goes live.... fuck everything. ;_;

Thats why we have VODs bro. Have faith! Bomber has it since he manhandled Jim like he was a nobody and his TvZ is still great.

SamuraiX-

Thats why we have VODs bro. Have faith! Bomber has it since he manhandled Jim like he was a nobody and his TvZ is still great.

Yeeeaah but there's nothing like watching your favorite player live and cheering him on. D:

I'll probably try to avoid results spoilers for once and try to watch the VODs when I get home with full, ignorant hype. :D

survivor

Banned
Didn't watch any of the games today, no interest in any of the players. I might check out some of Dayshi's matches though.

SamuraiX-

Man, Revival... Come on... Threw Game 3 so hard. -___-

Edit: Ok, this game is so fucking weird. It just keeps evening out! lol

I missed the beginning of that game but holy shit, weirdest ZvZ ever. Revival lost his whole main AND his whole natural and still won because of the ridiculous amount of Spores in his only base.

SamuraiX-

I can't believe this is actually gonna be a Ro32 match:

3p184zK.png

HHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

I missed the beginning of that game but holy shit, weirdest ZvZ ever. Revival lost his whole main AND his whole natural and still won because of the ridiculous amount of Spores in his only base.

ByuL must've seriously underestimated the amount of Spores at Revival's last base but I guess he didn't really have a choice since he couldn't engage that Hydra/Infestor army head on. I think ByuL still had a lot of Spines at his 3rd. Probably the best decision would've been to just pull back and defend there. He panicked in the end.

SamuraiX-

For those who missed it and can't watch the VOD, a brief and amazingly accurate summary courtesy of stuchiu from TeamLiquid:

stuchiu said:
That was like watching Revival cross the street and then a car is about to hit him. Then BAM, the car explodes, but the debris are flying everywhere, but Revival fucking dodges only to hit his head into a fire hydrant. He then gets up and is mugged by guys with guns and is about to get shot but then one of the thugs backstabs his friends and Revival gets the fuck out of there, but is then chased by a pack of ravenous dogs. He crashes through a butcher shop, throws the meat at the ravenous dogs to only have the butcher try to stab him, only to have the previous thugs start shooting up the butcher and the police coming in to shoot the thugs. After surviving all of that Revival, walks home to only have a piano fall out of the sky and almost land on top of him until mutas swoop in from nowhere and die for him.

ROFLMAO that is post of the month of Teamliquid right there. Pretty accurate too. Cannot believe Byul never transitioned to BLs or something to kill the ground army. Heck Swarm Hosts would have won him the game possibly.

SamuraiX-

In preparation for GSL Ro32 Group G tonight: You Bet! GSL Code S Round of 32 Group G (feat. Wolf)

I feel like Wolf is letting his "perfect" betting record for which players advance in the Ro32 get to his head a little bit, but this is actually a cool feature because it has interview questions with each of the four players!

The ramp being so small to the gold base on Habitation Station is stupid. Makes it so hard to punish anyone taking it early.

LOL Life with the most batshit insane strat I've ever seen.

Aaron

Neither protoss is getting out of this group. They're playing terribly. Life nearly won a map with a suicide build.

Top Bottom