• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I see JD didn't learn anything from Scarlett's micro against Bomber.

Bomber GO! Win against this Protoss and go to the RO 16!

Edit: If Arthur wins this I'm gonna be so pissed. Bomber stimmed a bit too much but he had +1. :(

Edit: WTF!!! Fuck this shit. Bomber lost this to not scouting but damn if I'm not pissed. Yeonsu was Bomber's game but then stim screwed him over.

Welp Has congrats, you have probably become the most hated Pro gamer and Protoss on the planet as of this moment.

If you take out Bomber then I hope your group sends you out 0-4 with cheeses.

Poor JD, too bad and better luck in season 2.

Ty4on

I usually hate protoss, but those matches were fun to watch. Gotta try the pylon forge pylon pylon pylon pylon pylon cannon pylon cannon cannon cannon build myself :p

FUCK YEAH! Fuck Toss! Seriously this cheesy crap from the Chinese players makes me very disappointed. Bomber disappointed me as well for not scouting the Gold because Protoss keeps doing it. Will watch out for it on ladder.

GG WP Bomber.

survivor

Banned
I just came back home and saw the results and I'm fucking mad. JD, come on man, you were supposed to make it out with Bomber, argh.

Majine

Banned
akgLPah.jpg

SamuraiX-

Just got around to watching the games.

I cannot even begin to express my disgust for how incredibly stupid most of the games were between Bomber/JD and the two Protoss clowns.

Arthur should never have made it out of this group. Fucking period. Bomber defended his bull shit Blink all-ins perfectly TWICE! The only mistake (if you could even call it that) was slightly overstimming on Yeonsu. Had some of the best defense, positioning and sim city you could have but didn't matter. Don't even fucking get me started on Habitation Station. If Protoss knows what they're doing and decides to take a fast gold expo, you're just fucked. Nothing you can do about it. Just gotta bunker up on two bases and hope the Protoss suffers from an extreme case of "A-Move Syndrome" Q.E.D. the Taiwanese Protoss clown that is Has.

Fuck gold expansion maps.

Fuck bull shit OP all-ins.

And, as always and for good measure, FUCK PROTOSS!

My fucking man, TB.

Glorious.

R.I.P. JD... The Dong will rise again next season...... ;_;

Yay Bomber~!! ^.^

Sick play in all of his games. Watching Has get REKT after trying to pull that proxy Stargate into proxy Twilight into proxy DTs on Heavy Rain was amazing.

Terran get the same benefit as everyone else from gold expansions. That said, it's WAY to easy to wall it off on Habitation Station. Having it so close to your main and with a ramp almost the same size as your main makes it ridiculously hard to punish anyone taking it without drops.

Aaron

Terran get the same benefit as everyone else from gold expansions. That said, it's WAY to easy to wall it off on Habitation Station. Having it so close to your main and with a ramp almost the same size as your main makes it ridiculously hard to punish anyone taking it without drops.
Technically, with mules terran should have even better. That's why gold bases disappeared for a while. The only problem is when it comes to base defense, protoss is in way way way better shape than any other race. Holding the base is a much bigger investment for a terran than a protoss. Instead of an MSC they can use anywhere, terran either need to sacrifice some marines, or do a combo of turrets and plantery fortresses, and STILL that's not as good a defense at the protoss have with photon overcharge, timewarp, warp ins, forcefields... they can even build cannons that shoot both air and ground, and recall their whole damn army if they have to. It's kind of amazing a protoss base is ever broken.

I have to inject here and say that it takes more time to set up the infrastructure to use the extra minerals Terrans get from the gold base.

A protoss player can put down 4 extra gates and warp in units while a zerg can build an absurd amount of Lings and even banes if they have the gas and a macro hatch.

A Terran has to make sure they have more than 6 barracks to build marines out of and use all that extra money that keeps rising. Otherwise their money skyrockets and you see multiple CCs being put down to cover the excess money.

That being said its true every race gets the same benefits from gold bases but Protoss and Zerg can have results much earlier than the Terran imho.

SamuraiX-

BlinG defeated StarDust 2-1. Classic DT cheese in the first two games but BlinG was always expanding behind it. In Game 3 he goes Sentry expand and defends StarDust's Blink all-in quite nicely.

Congrats to him.

Goooooo Happy! :D

Aaron

Happy's attacks were pretty poor, but his almost perfect macro made up for it. He had so many troops he could just toss them away like they were zerglings.

I dunno Aaron Happy took out the banelings really well. But yeah he was throwing away those drops.

Lets hope he beats Bling to get into RO16.

Great walling off by Stats on his natural. RorO never sitting back and working on his macro killed him. He also had horrible creep spread so locusts were never that effective.

Zen

Banned
Good effort by Paralyze, I kind of feel like he botched it by not getting a third and not keeping his MSC at home.

Zen

Banned
Damn I was rooting for stats that game, he did a great job considering everything. What could he have done better to deal with mass muta?

EDIT: Poor Paralyze.

Zen

Banned
If Paralyze had started mas lifting the hydras in taht game would he have disabled enough of the ground DPS long enough to hold with warp ins + Photon Overcharge and his ground army? Not like the corruptors could have attacked ground.

Paralyze has a neat build for PvZ, I feel like we might have seen mass tempest again but seeing how the map is so huge, maybe not.

Even though it's been endless pvz I haven't been bored. Lots of variations and crazy stuff.

I enjoy Tasteless and Wolf more than Tastosis, actually.

GG. That was an interesting series.

I too enjoy Wolf/Tastless more, but I'll be happy to see Artosis back. Tastetosis works really well when they're 'being real life friends' and the start telling very very funny stories.

Also, agree, nice games tonight. PvZ is a lot of fun when it's not just Immortal All ins and Blink all ins/wins.

Zen

Banned
9 Protoss - 5 Zergs and 2 Terrans

nice night of games. I was cheering for stats the whole way simply for how he took a losing BO and almost made it work. The zealots moving in was a big mistake. is thought process with the zealot wall off, and how he moved his army around when trying to secure the third was all top notch.

Technically, with mules terran should have even better. That's why gold bases disappeared for a while. The only problem is when it comes to base defense, protoss is in way way way better shape than any other race. Holding the base is a much bigger investment for a terran than a protoss. Instead of an MSC they can use anywhere, terran either need to sacrifice some marines, or do a combo of turrets and plantery fortresses, and STILL that's not as good a defense at the protoss have with photon overcharge, timewarp, warp ins, forcefields... they can even build cannons that shoot both air and ground, and recall their whole damn army if they have to. It's kind of amazing a protoss base is ever broken.

I seem to recall that they nerfed the mule gold collection rate to that of a normal SCV.

Top Bottom