• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Aaron

Dear had a Seed-like drop since his big win, and never recovered. Surprised he hasn't totally committed to the foreign scene.

LMAO Dear losing to Journey was amazing to see. This is why SG is terrible vs Terran except with proxy Oracles that aren't scouted. So rather VRs in low numbers are terrible vs Terran.

Wonder if Journey can take out Byul.

Aaron

I love how Journey is playing this game. It actually makes me want to reinstall SC2.

Unfortunately, the muta ball remains unbeatable for terran.

Zen

Banned
I love how Journey is playing this game. It actually makes me want to reinstall SC2.

Unfortunately, the muta ball remains unbeatable for terran.

Muta ball is easy to deal with if you just mech a four widow mine trap under a seige tank can also be deadly.

Aaron

Muta ball is easy to deal with if you just mech.
Are you watching this game? He did mech.

Widow mines rely entirely on the zerg to be careless. Most take a overseer with their flock.

Edit: Four good hits from widow mines. Still not enough.

Zen

Banned
Are you watching this game? He did mech.

Widow mines rely entirely on the zerg to be careless. Most take a overseer with their flock.

Edit: Four good hits from widow mines. Still not enough.

He meched poorly. You can not blame dying in TvZ only on the muta ball, it is not impossible to deal with by any means, you just have to prepare properly.

EDIT: only because he had already lost the game three times over.

Aaron

He meched poorly. You can not blame dying in TvZ only on the muta ball, it is not impossible to deal with by any means, you just have to prepare properly.

EDIT: only because he had already lost the game three times over.
Come on, four widow mine hits on that ball, and there was still than more than half of the mutas left. To defend his bases, he would have had to put multiple turrets and mines in every base, and that would mean less money and less army supply. Unless the zerg makes a critical mistakes, I've yet to see any terran win against a critical mass of mutas.

Journey would have likely lost anyway since he's not as good as Byul, but there's a reason Byul went for a huge flock in both games, and that 90% of zergs do the same against terran.

Come on, four widow mine hits on that ball, and there was still than more than half of the mutas left. To defend his bases, he would have had to put multiple turrets and mines in every base, and that would mean less money and less army supply. Unless the zerg makes a critical mistakes, I've yet to see any terran win against a critical mass of mutas.

Journey would have likely lost anyway since he's not as good as Byul, but there's a reason Byul went for a huge flock in both games, and that 90% of zergs do the same against terran.

4 Widow Mines almost instantly kill Mutaball's if they're placed right, but they weren't. He had 2 by his CC and the other two by his minerals that only hit after his Muta's spread out attacking the CC. Him not having multiple turrets in his bases when he knew Byul had a ton of Muta's was stupid, not to mention he had nothing but Thor's to actually kill the Muta's since unupgraded Marines do shit and he had almost no Vikings.

SamuraiX-

So it's a game 3 winners match of Ruin vs Soulkey and Ruin just spent 1100 minerals on this...

Zk9s6wH.jpg

Then the game continued... and eventually neither of the players were mining... and then Ruin died.

Artosis: "Here's the M. Night Shamamalayalalala twist: the "S" stands for Soulkey"

I just... gotdayum lmfao

Everybody be sure to check that game out. The GOM observer went from world class to god tier after that letter of pylons went up.

"It's not an S. In my world it means ruin."

So it's a game 3 winners match of Ruin vs Soulkey and Ruin just spent 1100 minerals on this...

Zk9s6wH.jpg

Then the game continued... and eventually neither of the players were mining... and then Ruin died.

Artosis: "Here's the M. Night Shamamalayalalala twist: the "S" stands for Soulkey"

I just... gotdayum lmfao

Everybody be sure to check that game out. The GOM observer went from world class to god tier after that letter of pylons went up.

#dead

#ruined

SamuraiX-

The sad thing is that no matter what Ruin does from here on out in his career, his StarCraft II legacy will always be remembered as choking away a Code S spot because he spent 1100 minerals drawing an "S" with pylons.

Fucking Artosis. lol

"Reality should write a "B" will supply depots and then draw an arrow toward Ruin's base."

Aaron

Revival's production has been so good this series. He has so many units.

Now he's gone over to the dark side abusing the muta clump.

Revival could have ended that way sooner if he detonated those 2 Banelings on all those Marines.

Revival's production has been so good this series. He has so many units.

Now he's gone over to the dark side abusing the muta clump.

He never had much more than 20 Muta's at any point. Polt was way too slow to try to repair turrets when they flew over his bases.

Aaron

He never had much more than 20 Muta's at any point. Polt was way too slow to try to repair turrets when they flew over his bases.
He had enough to render turrets useless. He needed widow mines sooner, though might not have been enough. Revival was very good at dodging them in the late game. Though Polt lost because his defense was terrible overall.

Aaron

Revival knew his opponent's style, and had his counter builds well prepared. Polt was solid but not particularly clever, and his defense was usually awful.

SamuraiX-

Bomber, TaeJa and Polt all out in the WCS AM quarterfinals. Never thought I'd see the day.

Revival really does seem to have Polt's number. Knocked him out at IEM Shanghai last year when Polt was the clear cut favorite to win. Now we have the final from that same tournament coming up (Revival vs Oz). Rooting for HyuN and Revival in WCS AM. Would love to see either of those two take it.

And in WCS Europe, we still have potential for a MMA vs jjakji final! :D

MMA's TvZ was amazing today. dat multitasking

Top Bottom