• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting Deus Ex 2

rs7k

on Xbox that is, and the introduction video is very choppy. Is this normal? If not, then fuck buying pre-owned at EB again.

Deg

Banned
rs7k said:
on Xbox that is, and the introduction video is very choppy. Is this normal? If not, then fuck buying pre-owned at EB again.

Do yourself a favour and give it back. Then get it on pc.

epmode

not another deus ex 2 thread..
to preempt the haters: the game is good, dammit! just not deus ex 1 good.

rs7k

Deg said:
Do yourself a favour and give it back. Then get it on pc.

Would it run better on my PC? I got it for Xbox because everyone who tried it seemed to think it was more console-like than the first Deus Ex. Also, I don't know how it would run on my PC.

P4 2GHz
384MB RAM
GF4 Ti4200 64MB

COCKLES

being watched
epmode said:
not another deus ex 2 thread..
to preempt the haters: the game is good, dammit! just not deus ex 1 good.

Yeah I enjoyed it. Its one of those games best played from Xbox HDD rather then the DVD though.

EB's used games suck. Whether or not that's normal, I quit buying used from them because they sell complete crap when it comes to used. Gamestop (at least the stores by me) takes a hell of a lot more pride in what they'll put on the used shelves.

Meier

It's bad and has one of the worst batch of end cinemas in game history. Quit while you're ahead.. and the Xbox version is much maligned for its slowdown so you may indeed wish to consider playing it on PC if you must (that's where I did).

"Typical Console Shooter" - Framerate problems and technical limitations of the hardware usually find their way into most console shooters. Comparing a PC shooter and a console shooter usually means the PC is far superior, note I did say usually.

bogg

Awww you were talking from a technical stand point. Gotta agree with you, the fact that all the levels were made of these small "section" that had loading times between them really bothered me. I mean god damn, the original had bigger levels!

Top Bottom