• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain these numbers to me?

I have a 780 but I never overclocked it.
It's a chart from the 970 review by DigitalFoundry. They also overclocked the 970 and compared it to other similar high-end cards. Main point they wanted to show, is how a OC'ed 970 fares to higher cards (980/780Ti).
I don't know much about overclocking but I suggest you google 780 overclocking and search for videos on Youtube. There's some good info to be found. Mind you, GPU models vary in how much gains overclocking brings. For example, some AMD cards I read don't overclock well and Maxwell cards are very good at it (750Ti brings a lot of performance with overclocking).

how long Dang takes to finish BTW, if going for 100%?

It's not worth it. It'll be very grindy to go for 100% and even then one aspect of the game is RNG based. You can affect RNG to get better odds for your goal but that in turn will just increase the grinding.

Well, shit. I don't.

How many of you have actually played that game, though? Why would you play it, even? Truck sim?

--------

Leafhopper, did I ever tell you I finished Kami, so Canada is safe?

I don't have Euro truck sim as well. No interest.

Lain

It's a chart from the 970 review by DigitalFoundry. They also overclocked the 970 and compared it to other similar high-end cards. Main point they wanted to show, is how a OC'ed 970 fares to higher cards (980/780Ti).
I don't know much about overclocking but I suggest you google 780 overclocking and search for videos on Youtube. There's some good info to be found. Mind you, GPU models vary in how much gains overclocking brings. For example, some AMD cards I read don't overclock well and Maxwell cards are very good at it (750Ti brings a lot of performance with overclocking).

Wouldn't it be better to post the reply in this thread since the post you're quoting is from this thread?

Cth

Holy crap, thanks for giving me the heads up on Dark Maus..

Now if I could just afford it :D

Has anyone picked it up yet and have any impressions? Ozium's pitch was great but more is appreciated!

I'm playing Yakuza 5 and Bloodborne and don't expect to be done with either before April. When you only have less than an hour per day to play on average, beating huge games like these will take several months, no way around it.
Still not done with RE0 either.
In April it'll be all about Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4, not sure when I'll get to all the stuff being released in this trimester.

Oh yeah, can't forget about RE0 either, I plan to play again.. Basically everything you spoke of is my plans too.

how? it was posted later

is it because, as you claim, modbot is linked? modbot was linked to this thread, and then it was stolen from us.

#StayOnTheBus
We will go down in anarchy. #TeamBus vs. #TeamOrange. A battle to the death.

Where is Stump? Watching chaos unfold from the shadows, just to step in and crash one side at the last moment to be looked as our savior? Or will he grace upon us his mercy and merge the two worlds and mend peace?

Stay tuned for the next episode of "Steam OT? Steam OhNo!"

Oh yeah, can't forget about RE0 either, I plan to play again.. Basically everything you spoke of is my plans too.

I'm also downloading RotTR through family sharing since my brother bought it. Not sure why I'm even bothering lol.
Been thinking about games from last year I didn't have time or money for and that's another pretty big list, Batman, LiS, Fallout 4, Zestiria, Until Dawn... I'm probably going to die before catching up with all the 2015 and 2016 releases I'm interested in, let alone anything released before or after.

This dual thread thing is confusing, someone make it go away please.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so these threads getting merged or what? :eek:

tuxfool

Banned
I'm also downloading RotTR through family sharing since my brother bought it. Not sure why I'm even bothering lol.
Been thinking about games from last year I didn't have time or money for and that's another pretty big list, Batman, LiS, Fallout 4, Zestiria, Until Dawn... I'm probably going to die before catching up with all the 2015 and 2016 releases I'm interested in, let alone anything released before or after.

This dual thread thing is confusing, someone make it go away please.

You can forget about two of those games. You've already played them. Probably.

Messiah

Rumor is the steam thread split. In this one you can post anime gifs without getting dogpiled.
get.gif

You almost got me but that is just a tad too unbelievable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam stuff -- MB-530008B62A2028FA - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
The thread linked to ModBot is the real thread
Steam stuff -- MB-775167259E74FC0C - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.

t1454428480z1.png

Holy crap, thanks for giving me the heads up on Dark Maus..

Now if I could just afford it :D

Has anyone picked it up yet and have any impressions? Ozium's pitch was great but more is appreciated!
Impressions from the Dark Maus thread
Seems pretty good so far. I'll definitely have some more detailed opinions in a few days, but right now it seems good at what it is trying to do, and portrays vital information to the player more clearly than the Souls games do. For example, it actually gives you move speed numbers on the stats screen based on your weight and stats.

The game continues to be good. Build variety and armor/accessory variety continue to expand as I'm now a bit past the second boss.

Only, the "ability" system isn't what I thought it would be. You can freely reassign the "Ability Points" you get every few levels into about 12 different possibilities, and you're designed to be able to eventually get them all. These are things like more combo attacks, upgrades to the Dark Maus system, and more Accessory slots (increasing from an initial 2 up to 4).

But it is pretty good. You put stat points into different weapon types than in Str/Dex/Faith/Int-style stats, with 1~10 being the minimum for certain weapons, and 10+ points just increasing damage with that class of weapons. The other, core stats to level up are more descriptive with better tool tips (Health, Stamina, Weight Capacity, Stability, and Attack Speed). Right now I'm a Curved Sword, Shield, and Pyromancy, with Accessories that enchant my weapon with a Fire DOT and one that increases Spell charges.

A lot of what Souls gets right with regards to game flow and progression, this game gets right as well. Plenty of off-beat paths, etc. with worthwhile weapons and armor and accessories.
0iFLeJh.gif

Hektor

Rumor is the steam thread split. In this one you can post anime gifs without getting dogpiled.

wrong thread m8

I actually PM'd Stumkapow about it.

Truth is, he made new rules for the steamthread.

The split is intended. In one of these 2 threads we're allowed and encouraged to post Anime jifs. In the other, we're getting instant permabanned for doing that.

Joke is, he won't tell us which is which.

So who will find out for us?

I actually PM'd Stumkapow about it.

Truth is, he made new rules for the steamthread.

The split is intended. In one of these 2 threads we're allowed and encouraged to post Anime jifs. In the other, we're getting instant permabanned for doing that.

Joke is, he won't tell us which is which.

So who will find out for us?
Don't! I can hear ManPuncher frothing at his mouth already :/

Heads up, Humble Firaxis Bundle ends in just under 4 hours, so if you want to hop on the XCOM/Civ train for cheap and you haven't already for some reason, now is the time.

Catshade

Heads up, Humble Firaxis Bundle ends in just under 4 hours, so if you want to hop on the XCOM/Civ train for cheap and you haven't already for some reason, now is the time.

Already have some games in that bundle, so the one-key-per-tier policy sucks since I can't give duplicates to other people. :/

Arthea

Is Groupee's the worst bundle store for Steam Games? It seems the quality is really low recently.

yeah, they kinda dropped the ball in the last year or so, but it doesn't mean they can't rise again.
I wouldn't say they are worst, though. There are so many new sites selling not so good bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom