• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanOC91

Mechanically, there's a host of changes from SF4. There's been a shift in design philosophy, away from the more complex combos and 1 frame links of previous games, to having more leniency in your moves and combos, allowing you to focus more on spacing and footsies. Your execution in games still matters, of course, and you'll want to put time into training mode, but you should be able to spend less time on difficult execution training and more time developing strategies for conquering your opponents.

Wow. This is actually what I've wanted in a street fighter game for quite a long time.
I love the SF series but when it came to SFIV, I felt that I needed to be able to pull off too many insane combos to be relevant online.

By making the focus a bit more towards a fighting strategy, I think it leaves the door open for more fun gameplay. I may just have to try this out.

Dr Dogg

I don't think someone in his position randomly swearing into the twittersphere is calling somebody out any moreso than the mutterings of someone on the sofa commenting on what they're watching on TV.

The left touchpad works surprisingly well with fighting games. You'd be surprised at how natural it feels once you configure it a bit (disable click, adjust the dead zones). Now, the buttons can be an issue, but I have that problem with all 4-face button controllers.

The face buttons have been a little problematic. I love the paddles.

I didn't realize how ingrained analog input has been for me. I've had a really hard time adapting, just now really getting into a game where I'm not at all missing the "old school" controller input. ...And that game, Rebel Galaxy, doesn't even have Y-axis flight... Though, there's a bit of aiming that requires it.

I'm a pretty big proponent of mobile / iOS gaming, too, but I have the same problem there when I try games with the digital d-pad and face buttons.

kpFDwav.gif

Arthea

Grab a code to unlock a flag, mug and magazine pile for your Euro Truck Simulator 2 cabin. Please note, codes will only work if you already own the base game.

EXPIRES 2016-03-03

a key expires, not items, if you already redeemed it
don't scare me like that

you can't redeem it without the game though, so get truckin'
there is not a single steamgafer that doesn't have it, at least I never have seen such

oh god, that lightsaber
that's too much *laughs*

kinda want
not even kinda
just want

Tizoc

I don't think someone in his position randomly swearing into the twittersphere is calling somebody out any moreso than the mutterings of someone on the sofa commenting on what they're watching on TV.

Didn't stop him before from doing it and making an anniversary video about a dev who no one even CARES to remember them anymore.

So confused.
Grief was gonna do it but got banned.
It's fine not to be on time but man, you gotta make better preparations for a second in command. Not like it happens rarely ;)
BTW:

Modbot is linked!

giphy.gif
Well, this makes it official then. This is the legit thread.
Let the battle commence!

5t3hd9j.png

EDIT:

EDIT2: And then-

EDIT3: :V

EDIT4:

THE END?
Oh Lord, haha!

Great stuff as always potato!
Looks like physically based rendering. Holy smokes!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doogie noooooooooo

EDaXz0X.png

My healers are dropping left and right. At least the boss died ;_;

The Witness is already at 50k on steam, if it is selling about the same on the PS4 then it's probably around 100kish by now.

We can all relax, it's doing fine in spite of EXTREME PC PIRACY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom