• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam stuff -- MB-530008B62A2028FA - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
The thread linked to ModBot is the real thread
Steam stuff -- MB-775167259E74FC0C - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.

t1454428480z1.png

Arthea

wait, no modbot in this thread?
I can get used to it, can we leave it this way, another thread for modbot and birthdays and movies and etc. and this one for games and fun and rainbows.

MUnited83

For you.
This is the real thread. First come first serve. Praise the bus

Which game do you guys think will have better first week sales

Disgaea or Danganronpa?

Both are highly anticipated, genres very fit for the platform, priced comparably. Strategy games seem more popular on avarage than VNs on PC and there haven't been many J-SRPGS, but Danganronpa has a lot of word of mouth that Disgaea doesn't have (at least that's how it seems to me).

Opinions?
Definitely going to be Danganronpa. Disgaea will sell sell but it will be affected by the fact that its already a old game by now. Danganronpa is fairly recent and has a very vocal fanbase and there will be probably quite a lot of double dips.

This is the real thread. First come first serve. Praise the bus

Which game do you guys think will have better first week sales

Disgaea or Danganronpa?

Both are highly anticipated, genres very fit for the platform, priced comparably. Strategy games seem more popular on avarage than VNs on PC and there haven't been many J-SRPGS, but Danganronpa has a lot of word of mouth that Disgaea doesn't have (at least that's how it seems to me).

Opinions?

Depends. I'd say Danganronpa dependings on the Euro price and also because of the discount.

(shrugs)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Rubber and Lead -- MB-FC5D3A38A4DC905F - Taken by gurm3n
Sumo Revise -- MB-C8E49B2F7D55954D - Taken by Asiratlan
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-3B08A2E4D0964F9C - Taken by Smeagol
The Adventures of Mr. Bobley -- MB-67E4716D881D6AB3 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Post Mortem -- MB-03251E1C4ABC28E6 - Taken by PSY・S
AoF Chess Club -- MB-B8C785A2A2A86607 - Taken by septicore
The Egyptian Prophecy -- MB-C6BFAA9D8D0A7DEA - Taken by jorkila
Simplerockets -- MB-F2795F9918090B51 - Taken by PenDynasty
Let There Be Life -- MB-762A15DD70DBDC6C - Taken by madjoki
Robin Hood -- MB-48C7E276AE9DA37F - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants
Terablaster -- MB-679CB08D8504D749 - Taken by user237
Robin Hood #2 -- MB-84E845FDADBE801A - Taken by lukiluk

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
New cars, track variant, tutorials & career option being added for DiRT Rally console release

PC update also due in April to bring full parity between all three versions.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions of DiRT Rally will feature brand new content previously unseen in the PC release, Codemasters has revealed.

Available at launch, the console versions will introduce a full gravel version of Pikes Peak, a series of video tutorials that aim to teach players the basics of driving a rally car, three new Colin McRae liveries and seven new cars:

• Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
  • Renault 5 Turbo
  • Renault Alpine A110
  • Opel Corsa Super 1600
  • Peugeot 207 S1600
  • Renault Clio S1600
  • Mini Classic Rallycross

A new option is also being added to the game's Career mode that allows players to purchase a Rallycross car from the beginning, letting them head straight into Rallycross events should they prefer to do that from the start. Up until now, the PC version had forced players to head directly into Rally events.

PC owners won't be missing out, though. In April, the PC version will be updated to include all of the content found in the console versions and - potentially - improvements to the game's performance, too.

"The key thing is that everything we're doing for this console version, any fixes that we're finding because we've suddenly got a larger QA team working on multiple platforms, any improvements that we're working to do with performance that can be brought back into the PC experience to make the PC game perform better, any content, like tutorials, new cars and tracks, they're all going to be brought in with an update when the console version releases," chief game designer Paul Coleman tells VideoGamer.com.

"So PC players will get complete parity with what the console players are getting. We're not leaving them in the dark. It was really important for us to do that."

Further updates are planned for the future, too, Coleman teases, although Codemasters has yet to reveal what they may include or when they're due to roll out.

DiRT Rally's day one 'Legend Edition', meanwhile, will feature a full-length documentary on the late rally champion Colin McRae. It isn't yet clear whether that content will also be available on PC.

DiRT Rally launches on PS4 and Xbox One on April 5.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
New cars, track variant, tutorials & career option being added for DiRT Rally console release

PC update also due in April to bring full parity between all three versions.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions of DiRT Rally will feature brand new content previously unseen in the PC release, Codemasters has revealed.

Available at launch, the console versions will introduce a full gravel version of Pikes Peak, a series of video tutorials that aim to teach players the basics of driving a rally car, three new Colin McRae liveries and seven new cars:

• Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
  • Renault 5 Turbo
  • Renault Alpine A110
  • Opel Corsa Super 1600
  • Peugeot 207 S1600
  • Renault Clio S1600
  • Mini Classic Rallycross

A new option is also being added to the game's Career mode that allows players to purchase a Rallycross car from the beginning, letting them head straight into Rallycross events should they prefer to do that from the start. Up until now, the PC version had forced players to head directly into Rally events.

PC owners won't be missing out, though. In April, the PC version will be updated to include all of the content found in the console versions and - potentially - improvements to the game's performance, too.

"The key thing is that everything we're doing for this console version, any fixes that we're finding because we've suddenly got a larger QA team working on multiple platforms, any improvements that we're working to do with performance that can be brought back into the PC experience to make the PC game perform better, any content, like tutorials, new cars and tracks, they're all going to be brought in with an update when the console version releases," chief game designer Paul Coleman tells VideoGamer.com.

"So PC players will get complete parity with what the console players are getting. We're not leaving them in the dark. It was really important for us to do that."

Further updates are planned for the future, too, Coleman teases, although Codemasters has yet to reveal what they may include or when they're due to roll out.

DiRT Rally's day one 'Legend Edition', meanwhile, will feature a full-length documentary on the late rally champion Colin McRae. It isn't yet clear whether that content will also be available on PC.

DiRT Rally launches on PS4 and Xbox One on April 5.

talking about competition Dang and Disgaea aren't competing with each other being very different games, or are they? considering backlogs and whatnot.

I don't think they're directly competing, but the audiences probably have a good overlap. Just curious which one people think will have a better reception on PC:

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
and as we all know competition is good

talking about competition Dang and Disgaea aren't competing with each other being very different games, or are they? considering backlogs and whatnot.

A fightpad for me is competing with the chance to pick up those games ;-;

Hard to decide but the xbox 360 D-PAD is horrible and playing SFV with it will be a nightmare.

Nabs

I could see Danganronpa doing real well out the gate. Here's hoping they both find a good audience on Steam.

Deques

A fightpad for me is competing with the chance to pick up those games ;-;

Hard to decide but the xbox 360 D-PAD is horrible and playing SFV with it will be a nightmare.

xbox one controller has better d-pad. I haven't tried it yet with fighting games, but I can definitely say that it's better than xbox 360 d-pad

Man, I am at the same crossroads. I am sorta tempted to pick it up on discount, but I am stuck between a rock (Rise of Tomb Raider) and a hard place (Dragon Dogma).. plus backlogs.

I'm playing Yakuza 5 and Bloodborne and don't expect to be done with either before April. When you only have less than an hour per day to play on average, beating huge games like these will take several months, no way around it.
Still not done with RE0 either.
In April it'll be all about Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4, not sure when I'll get to all the stuff being released in this trimester.

Arthea

I don't think they're directly competing, but the audiences probably have a good overlap. Just curious which one people think will have a better reception on PC:

Disgaea usually has very dedicated but small fanbase, it's definition of niche games, being very time consuming, repetitive and grindy.
Dang seems to be easier enjoyed by everyone, not that I've played Dang (can't wait), but that's how I imagine it.

I must say I'm kinda afraid to pick Disgaea, it's such a major time sink.
edited: OTOH nobody forces me to replay it, but then why buy?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
xbox one controller has better d-pad. I haven't tried it yet with fighting games, but I can definitely say that it's better than xbox 360 d-pad

It's only about 200sek less than a madcatz SFV fightpad and about the same as a hori commander 4 (Actually it's the same in US, can't even find it for Sweden). Already have my 360 controller for other games I want to play with a controller so a fightpad is more what I'm looking for.

Nabs

I haven't tried a fighting game with it, but I can't imagine the clicky d-pad being any good. Has anyone?

Dr Dogg

I haven't tried a fighting game with it, but I can't imagine the clicky d-pad being any good. Has anyone?

More comfortable than most controllers dpads and providing you use 'On Click' with high haptic feedback for cardinals it's not too bad. The real issue is the tiny size and location of the face buttons on the Steam Controller. You could probably be decent with it if you practice enough but the same goes for any control method and really we all gravitate to what's comfortable as our preferences.

One thing was cool, after seeing a vid of it, I can now fairly consistently perform quarter circles and DP motions with the Gyro. You'd get battered playing against anyone bar the mid tier CPU but was a fun novelty for 30 mins.

More comfortable than most controllers dpads and providing you use 'On Click' with high haptic feedback for cardinals it's not too bad. The real issue is the tiny size and location of the face buttons on the Steam Controller. You could probably be decent with it if you practice enough but the same goes for any control method and really we all gravitate to what's comfortable as our preferences.

One thing was cool, after seeing a vid of it, I can now fairly consistently perform quarter circles and DP motions with the Gyro. You'd get battered playing against anyone bar the mid tier CPU but was a fun novelty for 30 mins.

I think he was asking about the Xbone's D-pad vs the X360's D-pad.

But man, Steam Controller fighting game sounds absolutely brutal. I don't think my brained is trained enough to even attempt that, yet.

I look forward to the usual suspects appearing when a thread about Danganronpa reaching 100k sales is done.

The usual suspects also try to say when a publisher is totally happy with the sales (lets say a game sells 50.000 and the publisher says its a great success) that they are lying...

Deques

I was thinking about that when I wrote my post. The clicky sound is a bit annoying when I played platformer games

Nabs

But man, Steam Controller fighting game sounds absolutely brutal. I don't think my brained is trained enough to even attempt that, yet.

The left touchpad works surprisingly well with fighting games. You'd be surprised at how natural it feels once you configure it a bit (disable click, adjust the dead zones). Now, the buttons can be an issue, but I have that problem with all 4-face button controllers.

Dr Dogg

D'oh! I tried messing about with Killer Instinct on an Elite Controller and the circular dpad is surprising good. Gets a bit wonkey when you push right to the outer edge as it rocks a bit further past the resistance point where it clicks but waaay better than the cross or 360 dpad variations on Microsofts pads. I get the feeling though my thumbs would still ache after an hour or so of prolonged use.

milena87

No new games for me in February. I'm still having too much fun in the Dark Arisen dungeon of Dragon's Dogma.
And I have Tomb Raider after that, so I'm set for a while. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom