• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was wondering when we talk about japanese developed games/ports is, why we always have to worry about the quality of the port.

I am quite confident in publishers like Xseed, Iffy and Ghostlight, because they are actually talking to their community and let people from the community test their games. There are still some things that are unacceptable like locking resolutions, but besides that their ports are often quite solid.

But when we are looking forward to other games not from these studios, there will be concerns concerning their ports (Disgaea, Danganronpa lately).

MUnited83

For you.
And even without the reselling of the accounts, you could abuse the steam trading cards with this security hole and basically flood the market with them.

Werd

Speaking of trading cards, I'm curious - does much of this thread bother to craft badges and all that? I just insta-sell all them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

"Thanks to an audience eagerly waiting for it", hey? Great, now all future Capcom games are going to be fashionably late to the PC. :p

Speaking of trading cards, I'm curious - does much of this thread bother to craft badges and all that? I just insta-sell all them.

I craft badges only when I need to increase my friends list space or they're sale-related. On that note, though, I think I'll have to purge my friends list a bit in the near future as levelling up now costs me more than I'd like -- 11 badges/1100 XP per level. Paying several dollars for an additional handful of friend list slots is a bit rich even for me.

dex3108

I collect drops from games, wait for Summer/Winter sale, collect Sale badge, sell rest of the Sale cards, buy cards that i am missing for other sets, repeat next sale :D

"Thanks to an audience eagerly waiting for it", hey? Great, now all future Capcom games are going to be fashionably late to the PC. :p

Not late as R* is with RDR. And yes SteamGAF as Jase i also believe that RDR is still coming to PC :D

Backlogger

I only craft badges occasionally. I have more friend slots than I will ever need and there isn't any other reason to level up or have more badges so I usually just sell them.

dot

yes, i craft badges all the time

usually only during the winter/summer sales so i can get those extra sale cards

the only time i sell cards is if it's a foil and even then i only keep the cheap ones

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

cA2kPi0.jpg

0SDxtsp.png

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. If you want to go in as a clean sheet, you might get spoilered FYI.

+ fewer control loss of player character for repetitive animations/transitions
+ sprinting exists
+ sublime visuals
+ animations are much better
+ visual variation much, much better
+ story much more interesting
+ characters are a vast improvement
+ VO overall much better
+ bigger tombs with unique flair to them, pay-off is worth it this time (special skills)
+ hunting big game is fun
+ enjoyable and fitting additions to Lara's moveset
+ deeper crafting system and thus expanded resource system
+ special ammo and throwable can be crafted on the go which spices up otherwise mundane combat system
+ stealth is serviceable
+ longer, meatier game

- inconsistent performance
- map bugs out frequently
- many useless skills
- despite giving hope at the start, not a globetrotting adventure
- platforming is way too linear, no chance of doing something wrong, it's a one-way street
- free-form jumping, somersaulting needs to come back for the good of platforming sections
- combat lacks fun, melee plain sucks
- acquiring new weapons is tedious and takes too long
- weapon variety is not enough, where is my sniper, rocket launcher, exotic weapon? the ones present are too "safe"
- story progression feels too similar to prequel
- many useless collectibles which are not fun to waste hours on
- prehistoric audio-log mechanic makes them a chore to listen

Maybe it's TR13 disappointing me so much and me having little to no expectations for this but I had significantly more fun with RotTR. Story wrapped up faster than I liked just when I finally reached the MacGuffin but it was still OK. I don't like that Trinity is apparently becoming the overarching enemy from now on in the reboot though.
There's a lot of combat, just like in the prequel but the new crafting-on-the-go with the nice selection of alt-ammo for every weapon made it better. There's still a lot I want them to change, add and improve for the sequels. Combat is still nothing noteworthy and that is pretty bad when you have so much of it. Same goes for platforming. It's a glorified QTE system. Expand on the jumping system, design the levels so that I can jump, hang and land everywhere and have to figure out the way on my own, not this linear solution. It's not satisfying.
Overall, it's a better game which improved a lot of my initial complaints but not extensively enough. I had fun, it's OK.

GaussTek

Garbage dump just because it's a Desura key, but game is great! :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Elliot Quest (Desura) -- MB-C288142F5829833C - Taken by texhnolyze

L.O.R.D

Today is my birthday
😖😖😖

Anyone can get me a job? Or a visa to any civilized country where no one shit on me everyday because i am not from this country?

PS,I accept gifts especially dragon dogma or rise of tomb raider 😄😄

Today is my birthday
������

Anyone can get me a job? Or a visa to any civilized country where no one shit on me everyday because i am not from this country?

PS,I accept gifts especially dragon dogma or rise of tomb raider ����

happy birthday!

you're one of my favourite posters <3

Are gifts from UAE only region locked to UAE?

These two I'm feeling. Only have to own them yet.

Thanks for the recommendations other folks.

WotS 4 can be as short as you want, and can take itself seriously or not, all depending on what you want ;)

Today is my birthday
&#55357;&#56854;&#55357;&#56854;&#55357;&#56854;

PS,I accept gifts especially dragon dogma or rise of tomb raider &#55357;&#56836;&#55357;&#56836;

Happy birthday! :)

brau

good advice.

on a more serious note. that thumb stick master game is awesome. I forgot the actual name.

Today is my birthday
&#128534;&#128534;&#128534;

PS,I accept gifts especially dragon dogma or rise of tomb raider &#128516;&#128516;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
whats your Steam ID?

Hektor

Happy Bday lord!
Got to be honest, Firewatch isn't all that impressive imo =/

The overall consensus of firewatch seems to be one of disappointment. You're not alone. Even though i enjoyed the game and don't regret my purchase, i'd still agree with the public. Could've been better. It's probably the pre-release hype that hurt tthe game.

Haven't played the Witness yet, nor did i read a lot of impressions, but it seems to be partially true for that one also.

Kinda fear NMS will be the next to suffer from that. Sometimes, hype isn't a good thing.

Finished Firewatch after 3.8 hours, and honestly enjoyed every bit of it, including the hiking (but not the part where I fumbled around with my Steam Controller because I am a dunce). However, looking back at the comments made previously in this thread, I do share some of the same questions:
While I can buy Ned going into hiding, I have a hard time making sense of the research station, and the texts found there which apparently included unspoken information about Julia, and of the booby-trapped bag (presumably placed by Ned) containing the key. Though perhaps the latter was Ned deciding that he wanted the body to be found. But understanding the plot as Delilah and Henry largely whipping themselves into a frenzy does cast the plot in a new light, and would make for an interesting replay now that I know what is going on.

I still don't know if the choices mattered. But ultimately I think their most important function was to make the Henry of my play-through my Henry.

I also agree with the poster who stated that the game could have been a bit longer. A few more days to flesh out the relationship between Delilah and Henry, which was one of the major draws of the game, would have been nice.

Still, I am happy that I played this blind, and am grateful for whoever it was in this thread who suggested turning off the "quest" notification and map-markers. Playing it that way, and with head-phones on, made for a vivid experience thanks to the excellent visuals, and audio. I picked up the "deluxe" version on a whim, and now I am happy that I own a copy of the soundtrack.

Not a Hero

Hmmm, in my backlog and I've been meaning to play it since it finally got achievements. Maybe when I'm done with Mystik Belle.

Metal Gear Rising.

Short, in terms of the main game, sure.
Action, definitely.
But I wouldn't classify MGR:R as "not taking itself serious".

Marlow Briggs

People rave about this, but I didn't find it to be very good at the end of the day.
Only 1 *real* boss fight with very repetitive God of War style combat arena overload leading up to it. The "this is so cheesy it's awesome" wore off about 30 minutes in, turning the rest of the game into a chore to finish. About the most positive thing I can say is this: the developer knew the cutscenes were so bad, they put in an achievement for skipping them all. :lol

I'm not sure this fits any of his criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom