• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if they'll actually call Titanfall 2, Titanfall 2. With the big base on PS4, I could see them calling it TitanFall: Liberation or something. Kind of like how CDPR skated around Witcher 3, even though it was still that.

JAST 2 Bundle:

$10:

Do You Like Horny Bunnies
Snow Sakura
Snow Drop

$20:

Princess Waltz
Pretty Soldier Wars
Yin-Yang!

$30:

Steins-Gate

Non-Steam, so you can safely avoid.

BONUS: A plot summary of "Horny Bunnies":

Hi, I’m Yukari Fujisawa, age 18. I know I don’t look like much, and have even been called girly by some, but I have one of the best jobs in the world!

I working at Platinum, a restaurant for the rich who love gorgeous women and have the pockets to pay for them. You see, all the girls here wear tight bunny costumes, and serve our customer’s needs with smile and a bounce! Our girls there are very good at their job, working up the customers with their cute bunny ears and sexy bodies.

Since I’m the only guy that works there, the girls love to chat fill me in on their secrets. You wouldn’t believe the stories I’ve heard! You wouldn’t believe it at first, but our girls get really wet and excited after a long day of work. They really get so into getting our customers hot, they too secretly get horny, desiring all sorts of kinky things. Some of them even joke about me joining them after work. Haha, I know they are just joking around… right?

huehuehuehuehue

rtcn63

I wonder if they'll actually call Titanfall 2, Titanfall 2. With the big base on PS4, I could see them calling it TitanFall: Liberation or something. Kind of like how CDPR skated around Witcher 3, even though it was still that.

Going with the obvious: TitanRise

Jazz573

JAST 2 Bundle:

$10:

Do You Like Horny Bunnies
Snow Sakura
Snow Drop

$20:

Princess Waltz
Pretty Soldier Drop
Yin-Yang

$30:

Steins-Gate

Non-Steam, so you can safely avoid.

BONUS: A plot summary of "Horny Bunnies":

huehuehuehuehue

You got some incorrect names there.

I copied this from reddit:

10$:

Do you like horny Bunnies (this is a nukige, obv.)
Snow Sakura (this more your typical romance type game, not a nukige)
Snow Drop (not sure how to describe, but VNDB says it takes place in a ski resort, doesn't look like it's a nukige)

$20:

Princess Waltz (Probably the best one here other than S;G)
Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048 (this is a remake of an old game, however the remake isn't very good)
Yin-Yang! X-Change Alternative (this is part of long running series of genderbending games :p)

$30

Steins;Gate (I don't think I need to say anything about this one. :p)

MUnited83

For you.
7FtfjoC.png

Japanese contracts...
Seriously...

"Hey JastUSA. You can release S;G, but you are not allowed to release it on Steam, since we want to do it in the future. But if we release it, you have to provide Steam-Keys."

Edit: Seems I misunderstood and they meant the contract between Groupees and JastUSA.

Eila

Didn't they not provide keys for Yatagarasu, among other doujin games? Wouldn't count on getting a key for Steins; Gate with that.

Annubis

Man, that bundle is way too pricy for me.
I mean, it's discounted, but I'm not putting down 30$ for mostly early-2000 games.

Didn't they not provide keys for Yatagarasu, among other doujin games? Wouldn't count on getting a key for Steins; Gate with that.

Yatagarasu (on Steam) was the kickstarter project and not the previous version of the game which may have been bundled, I would guess. To my knowledge Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm has never been bundled.

In fact, how many games that have been successfully funded through crowd-sourced initiatives have ever been bundled, now that I think about it? I don't think any of the ones I've backed have been and I don't think any of the bigger names have either... maybe stumpokapow would know, since he tracks all those kickstarters for fun (or something like that).

Rocket League looks like one of those games where I'd either sink all my time into or never ever touch it again after one match. Nothing in between.

Definitely option 2.

Dr Dogg

While obviously this isn't exactly news for this thread, with the latest batch I've got this unnerving Goodfella's like vibe going on. Sort of like if you're part of a community, nobody ever tells you that they're going to ban you. It doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in Gaming side. So your Banners come with smiles. They come as your friends, the people who have cared for you all of your GAF life, and they always seem to come at a time when you're at your stupidest and most in need of their 'help'.

Eila

Yatagarasu (on Steam) was the kickstarter project and not the previous version of the game which may have been bundled, I would guess. To my knowledge Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm has never been bundled.

In fact, how many games that have been successfully funded through crowd-sourced initiatives have ever been bundled, now that I think about it? I don't think any of the ones I've backed have been and I don't think any of the bigger names have either... maybe stumpokapow would know, since he tracks all those kickstarters for fun (or something like that).

I think there were other examples, but they were a while ago, so thinking a bit more they might have changed their contracts since then.

Ozium

While obviously this isn't exactly news for this thread, with the latest batch I've got this unnerving Goodfella's like vibe going on. Sort of like if you're part of a community, nobody ever tells you that they're going to ban you. It doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in Gaming side. So your Banners come with smiles. They come as your friends, the people who have cared for you all of your GAF life, and they always seem to come at a time when you're at your stupidest and most in need of their 'help'.

this is how I feel in every day life, fam

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Almost done with xcom which means its time to resume killing you all in Darkest Dungeon. That and Rise of TR until Dark Souls in april methinks

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I like to imagine Five Nights At Freddy's takes place in the Dark Souls world. Roughly at the same time too.

Just imagine hollows going in and enjoying their slices of pizza, watching the show.

Enemy Within sure is scratching that you-dont-need-to-buy-xcom2 itch for me. I just got to the part where EXALT finally appears in the game and I have to say, they really did a bang up job adding new features and content.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Enemy Within sure is scratching that you-dont-need-to-buy-xcom2 itch for me. I just got to the part where EXALT finally appears in the game and I have to say, they really did a bang up job adding new features and content.

I adored enemy unknown but never played within. A long war enemy within run wouldnt be a bad idea

AHA-Lambda

Just finished Firewatch. That was mediocre. Spoiler bars below are just thematic in nature, but I'll keep them blacked out considering how new this is.

Gameplay wise, it gets quite tedious too quickly, despite how short it is (5-6 hours my arse), due to how much backtracking there is and the need to keep checking your map to make sure you're not going off path.

Story wise, it reminded me of why I find Sunshine a problematic movie; it feels composed of two distinct and separate halfs. In this it starts with a
very personal storytelling focus on your main character's past, and where he finds himself now in his life
. This was by far the better half.

The second half ramps up in intensity becoming an almost faux
thriller
, that by the revelations of the end underwhelms and left me with a profound feeling of "is that it?"

ok, real spoilers now but some things I didn't get:
Ned was the one doing all the surveillance? So what was the camp with the surveillance equipment all about? It manned 3 people, had military grade tech and kept recorded logs of psychological behaviour. I highly doubt that was him.

What happened to the girls? Who wrecked their tent? Ned?

Why would Ned even bother stalking you and D? Why mess around with these weird tracking devices and all that shit, the guy seems to want to be left alone but he's messing around getting in everyone's shit

tuxfool

Banned
ok, real spoiler now but one thing I didn't get
Ned was the one doing all the surveillance? So what was the camp with the surveillance equipment all about? It manned 3 people, had military grade tech and kept recorded logs of psychological behaviour. I highly doubt that was him.

Spoiler thread holds all your answers. but here:

That was A university research program, they were researching vegetation and a Elk. This is why they had all those trackers. Ned just planted that "research" there to make H+D feel paranoid and leave.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Firewatch. That was mediocre. Spoiler bars below are just thematic in nature, but I'll keep them blacked out considering how new this is.

Gameplay wise, it gets quite tedious too quickly, despite how short it is (5-6 hours my arse), due to how much backtracking there is and the need to keep checking your map to make sure you're not going off path.

Story wise, it reminded me of why I find Sunshine a problematic movie; it feels composed of two distinct and separate halfs. In this it starts with a
very personal storytelling focus on your main character's past, and where he finds himself now in his life
. This was by far the better half.

The second half ramps up in intensity becoming an almost faux
thriller
, that by the revelations of the end underwhelms and left me with a profound feeling of "is that it?"

ok, real spoiler now but one thing I didn't get

In regards to your spoiler

it's not clearly stated (or at least I don't think it was) but it's pretty much implied they were observing elk and very likely other research like vegetation or even earthquakes etc. There's a part where you can actually hear beeping and find an elk. So basically nothing dodgy and just a research site that had been left by the scientists, even if just temporary.

Overall I really enjoyed Firewatch and my time with the game.

kagamin

You got some incorrect names there.

I copied this from reddit:

10$:

Do you like horny Bunnies (this is a nukige, obv.)
Snow Sakura (this more your typical romance type game, not a nukige)
Snow Drop (not sure how to describe, but VNDB says it takes place in a ski resort, doesn't look like it's a nukige)

$20:

Princess Waltz (Probably the best one here other than S;G)
Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048 (this is a remake of an old game, however the remake isn't very good)
Yin-Yang! X-Change Alternative (this is part of long running series of genderbending games :p)

$30

Steins;Gate (I don't think I need to say anything about this one. :p)

Hahahaha! That bundle though... only like one or two games I'd want on there, and out of those, I already own one.

Soulflarz

Banned
Remind me again why JAST is legally obligated to sell S;G at $30? That deal seems random and devaules the PC version for the cheap PS versions that aren't price restricted and will probably hit PS+ down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom