• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

That's true, but they did only showcase like what? $30-something worth of individually priced content? I guess technically a Season Pass at $30 with the promise of more stuff than that would still be an enticing deal to some people. I guess...

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with Fallout 4. It's light on content for a Fallout game, but some of the stuff like settlement management has been pretty fun.

Kaleinc

Banned
These background characters in sfv not only look like something out of the dreamcast but also animate at 30 fps. Gross.
A lot of effects look like they are straight out of minecraft

xdbMyng.jpg
Blocky madness. While the characters are more detailed no doubt overall sf4 looks better and ue4 performance is a sad joke considering output image quality.

dickroach

(there's probably already a thread for stuff like this, can't find it)

anyone have an extra copy of Spelunky by any chance?
I played it on my friend's PS3 earlier and it was awesome and I want more.

I've got Max Payne 3, Terraria, Machinarium, Psychonauts, Sonic Generations, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider (2013), and World of Goo trade-able

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Steam apparently re-downloads the entire update if you've paused the update and resume later?

When did this start happening? The client has restarted an MGSV update around 3 times after pausing then exiting Steam with the intent of resuming later.

GOG Galaxy doesn't have this issue.

That's not the actual issue. Updates restart if another update is released while you're downloading one. Sounds like a bug in your case -- that resuming the update is causing Steam to think it's new.

Bad area as in bang your head against the table (for the town anyway, stupid doors). Even looking at the solution for one puzzle, I had to stare at it for five minutes. I still don't get what's going on in the room with the red/blue/green light.

the colored light hides the real color of the dots you're supposed to isolate. You can either check each dot for how they react to each light and class them wheter they become white or black. Each different pattern is a different color. I suggest taking a screenshot. And if you've taken them from the same exact point of view, you can use photoshop and put them together to reveal the solution.

shockdude

So a friend's birthday is coming up, and I'm considering buying a PC game for him as a present.
He has a laptop with an i5-4210U and integrated graphics. He doesn't play video games much; his most played games are AdVenture Capitalist, Age of Empires II, and Telltale's Game of Thrones, and he's also enjoyed Bioshock Infinite on the 360. Outside of games, he enjoys pretty much everything history and philosophy.
Any recommendations?

I got mine for free basically
on PS4
as I got Fallout 4 + the Season Pass + Socks for $48 from Best Buy in a pre-order deal. I'm looking forward to it but I wouldn't put any money on it after the shitshow that was Fallout 4.

I don't know what to say about Fallout 4. There are so many problems with the game that I'm inclined to call it a shitshow like you did, but then at the same time I have 50+ hours played of that game. The only logical conclusion is that I have shit taste :(

Not touching the season pass though. Wasn't going to even before they announced the ridiculous price increase.

claimed the danganronpa thh OT for pc
lemme know if you wanna contribute

I know this sounds like a broken record guys, but try to read as little as possible about Danganronpa. Game is ridiculously easy to spoil. Not a slight on your OT though EDTP... just general advice for newcomers.

i still haven't been genuinely wowed by it tho, hope there's anything to be amazed at later on

Those moments will come. The game has many layers that you peel off as you play through the game.

Swamp is no fun, but the town fucking sucks, like a lot.

I liked the town. I'd come and go from that place when I got stuck somewhere and solve the puzzles I was able to at the time.

Probably Celeste as she's the only black haired girl

Maizono has black hair too.

dickroach

So a friend's birthday is coming up, and I'm considering buying a PC game for him as a present.
He has a laptop with an i5-4210U and integrated graphics. He doesn't play video games much; his most played games are AdVenture Capitalist, Age of Empires II, and Telltale's Game of Thrones, and he's also enjoyed Bioshock Infinite on the 360. Outside of games, he enjoys pretty much everything history and philosophy.
Any recommendations?

Civ V

It's a Bethesda game though. I don't think the words heavily, discounted, and DLC have ever been in the same sentence in reference to a Bethesda game.

Bethesda DLC heavily discounted. Good joke.
$30 is probably the cheapest you will ever get the DLC outside of a GOTY-Edition.

I remember Bethesda DLCs being discounted at 50%, or maybe more. Yeah, it's not really a bad deal perhaps.
But ultimately, I couldn't care less as I'm not really into DLCs anyway.

-------------------------------------------- >8

Post Launch Status Update Vol. 1

Perhaps I'm getting the game later down the road. Support from Capcom seems good.
I'd love a D-input support for local matches.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Any recommendations?

Steam gift card is easiest.

i want jasec to play danganronpa
One of the characters is a black haired sersha ronan for crying out loud

Then what's even the point?

That's like a beardless Santa Claus.

This sounds like there is an interesting and weirdly fun story behind it.

Oh there most certainly is!!

Xseed will NEVER get my permission to use our translation. I have made that very clear to all the people involved in the project. I don't agree with their policy of stealing the work of fan translations. They have made it clear they had no intentions of working on Zero or AO (since according to them, they really aren't that important to the overall story). Financially it doesn't make sense for them to even care after the horrible release of Cold Steel. Literally 1 store in a 100 mile radius got a shipment and I know at least 20 people who are like me when it comes to buying games in store (and not online). Needless to say, other companies got their money for new games that week and now they don't even care to try to find it. Yep. I have no love lost for Xseed and only started working on these games because I knew they would never get an english release. But since I started, they seem to have really taken an interest in games that are getting fan translations (Brandish PSP, Xanadu Next). They think they can give people a little bit of money and they will jump for joy. They can't afford my crew. If I put a monetary price on it, it would be close to $250,000 per person in the team and there is at least 8 people working on it currently not to mention numerous people who also would deserve compensation for their contribution. People may think that is an extreme price and it may be. But it is my way of telling them they can go screw themselves.

I can pick apart his quote easily too, but i've already done that elsewhere. Friend of mine who was trying to make it as close to XSEED's translation just left after seeing that, so it will be a crap translation now.

Soulflarz

Banned
Playing half of the 2nd last chapter and all of the last chapter of SC was a maddening choice.
Final bosses time X.X
2AM
Class at 9:30 at least :x

Rizzi

Any recommendations?

Civilization V?

AHA-Lambda

Hmm got a weird email bout the Kickstarter for Consortium 2, asking people to please not cancel their pledges.

Sounds like they're trying to make the difference with a single outside investment from somewhere :/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower/posts/1491543

We have been working furiously on a rather radical plan. The key to this plan, though, is that you backers hold onto your pledges. The only way you will be charged any money here is if the campaign suddenly has a couple hundred thousand CDN dollars pumped into it, which, while technically not impossible, is rather unlikely.

So, all we can say is TRUST US - resist the urge to cancel your pledge, we have found a way to continue full steam ahead and you will learn of this plan approximately 12 hours before the end of this campaign (or earlier)....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If I had bought it myself, I'd have considered turning to the dark side on this one.

If I'd been disappointed in it, I'd have sucked it up,and made a mental note not to buy into short games on day one, until the dust has settled.

And then I'd entirely ignore that advice.

Not sure steam should have a 'no reasons' refund policy. Should be technical issues only. Of course you can still lie about that.

Corpekata

Banned
My favorite part of the Firewatch thread was someone saying they are in the movie industry when they clearly just meant working at a movie theater.

JaseC

Hmm got a weird email bout the Kickstarter for Consortium 2, asking people to please not cancel their pledges.

Sounds like they're trying to make the difference with a single outside investment from somewhere :/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower/posts/1491543

It sounds more like the game is going to be entirely funded by a third party -- note that the message states people will only be charged at this juncture if the funding succeeds, which is said to be unlikely. The reason people are being asked to retain their pledges even though the campaign is not going to be successful is so there's empirical evidence of consumer interest.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah they might want to make sure things don't drop below a certain threshold like 100k (or a certain amount of backers) to show there is still interest there.

Coreda

That's not the actual issue. Updates restart if another update is released while you're downloading one. Sounds like a bug in your case -- that resuming the update is causing Steam to think it's new.

The update size is the same each time, and from what I've seen previously MGSV patches are released at specific intervals, so it seems something is buggy with the pause mechanic or else they're releasing patches regularly of the same size now.

Arthea

I know nobody plays Koi Koi here, but that won't stop me.
I was thinking that 10 consecutive wins and 20 points win achievements being impossible, it's a cards game, if you get a bad hand there is nothing you can do about it, you just lose, and for 20 points... IDK, highest I got was 18 points and it happened only once. Not like your opponent will let you make 6-7 yaku for no reason. You have to be extremely lucky and even then I don't know how you can be 20 points worth of lucky.

edited: as I already rant can do with some more
I thought I knew how things are made and from which materials pretty well... until I've played Doodle God. Like paper being made from reeds and to make book you need paper and.... feathers? The more you know...

JaseC

The update size is the same each time, and from what I've seen previously MGSV patches are released at specific intervals, so it seems something is buggy with the pause mechanic or else they're releasing patches regularly of the same size now.

I just ran a quick test with Garry's Mod and the update process picks up where from where it left off after restarting the client. Maybe try opting into the client beta/opting out of the client beta (depending on your current situation).

Dr Dogg

My favorite part of the Firewatch thread was someone saying they are in the movie industry when they clearly just meant working at a movie theater.

I love it when people do things like that. We had a copy typist here who used to tell their mates they worked in the music industry. Reality of it was all they did was up date the concert hall listings and reset advitorials for a what's on type guide that was pretty much straight up a vehicle to sell advertising space than even have a single word of editorial content.

Wait...I have to pick a side? I gotta play a game?

Would be easy if it was OG CoH as that's still one the best RTS' known to man. Dawn of War II gets my vote but I've not played Total War JShackles yet but there was next to no buzz about it (guess Rome II's reception might be part of the reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom