• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Was just in GAME, got some Steam credit. Then saw they had the PC version of SFV for £55 XD

giphy.gif

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

STRIDER -- MB-0EEE423AD963F7BF - Taken by diabolusinmusica
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- MB-124398C8A64D16E0 - Taken by user237

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Street Fighter V's netcode seems amazing... when it works. All the matches ive had, against various countries (at least according to the flags), were lag free

...and skill free from me, but thats my problem. When this is all working correctly, its gonna be gud, oh yes

Ludens

Banned
Street Fighter V's netcode seems amazing... when it works. All the matches ive had, against various countries (at least according to the flags), were lag free

...and skill free from me, but thats my problem. When this is all working correctly, its gonna be gud, oh yes

I encountered some cheaters, I think. Just right before the match starts, there's massive framedrop, and then I'm unable to do any moves.

Sch1sm

Jesus Camp on Netflix is one the the scariest movies Ive ever seen.

Yeah.
Thread: Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Is it so bad that you can't play the solo campaigns? That is all I really want out of it. Just play the singleplayer 1-4. Don't really care for multi or wtvr other stuff they did with it.

Plus I remember there was a thread here on GAF where someone leaked a screenshot of MCC with M/KB support (or something along those lines) on it. So I thought that was something that could happen.

You can play with M/KB, yeah, fair few people over the net have using the XIM4 specifically. Campaigns are fine, if that's what you're looking for, but it has always been a multiplayer based franchise, hasn't it? :p

So, like...couple years from now it'll be safe to purchase, right?

I encountered some cheaters, I think. Just right before the match starts, there's massive framedrop, and then I'm unable to do any moves.

Or you're just encountering server issues or disconnects or a shitty connection?

It's been a bit hit and miss for me, despite filtering for 4-5 connections.
There have been several matches so far that were so bad that I just let my opponent KO me, rather than waste time trying to play.

ViviOggi

The fact that you can fucking dc without any penalty whatsoever

What year is it

Apologists be like "they'll reset the servers before release surely this will be fixed" (what does a server reset have to do with anything)

Now you got your standard Kenlords with the power of infinite ragequits, when you can actually find a match that is

Are lobbies fixed yet

Apologists be like "they'll reset the servers before release surely this will be fixed" (what does a server reset have to do with anything)

Now you got your standard Kenlords with the power of infinite ragequits, when you can actually find a match that is

Are lobbies fixed yet

i dont know how you release an online fight game in 2016 and allow for penalty free disconnects.

They should get a couple of warnings when it happens and then get locked out of online play for 15-60 minutes if it happens again within 24 hours of the warnings. Also, automatic win for whomever your opponent is when a disconnection happens. Last, you should have a disconnection percentage visible to whomever you fight so they know before they agree to a fight that you have issues. Mind you, haven't played SFV yet so i apologize in advance if it has some of this stuff already.

and i dont want to hear about how you shouldnt be penalized for your ISP's crappy connection issues. If your connection is messed up then you shouldn't try going online until your issues get resolved.

Jawmuncher

What year is it

Are lobbies fixed yet

Lobbies are fixed and searching is better now.

----

It's crazy that you don't get anything for losing a match in terms of fight money. Like come on I participated. Throw me a bone.
Even the loser of a fight get's paid in real life.

fantomena

What's the chances for a GOTY/Definitive Edition of Fallout 4? I really don't want to buy the season pass since I don't know if it will be worth it so Im might just wait for the complete package.

So, I'm currently replaying Witcher 3 NG+ on Death March out of boredom, and finally reached Novigrad. To my surprise, performance is way better than it was last year. I still remember that the game was running at 27-28 fps right here previously, and now it's at 33 fps. Settings are still the same or at least similar, with mostly high-ultra with hairworks on. On top of that, I'm using several mods and a Reshade right now. Reshade alone costs me about 3-5 fps. Not sure if it's because of the patches (it was on 1.6 previously) or the new Windows 10. I heard some rumors about Windows 10 improving performance in some games.
Speaking of DX12, is Witcher 3 going to receive it later?

What year is it

Are lobbies fixed yet

Reminds me of the good ol' W3 Dota matches. Well, even Dota had some kind of moderations later on, punishing rage-quitters.

Jawmuncher

What's the chances for a GOTY/Definitive Edition of Fallout 4? I really don't want to buy the season pass since I don't know if it will be worth it so Im might just wait for the complete package.

If you already have Fallout 4, a GOTY edition is going to keep the price higher for awhile. If you want to play it this year. The 30 dollars for the pass is your best bet.

ViviOggi

i dont know how you release an online fight game in 2016 and allow for penalty free disconnects.

They should get a couple ofwarning the first time it happens and then get locked out of online play for 15-60 minutes if it happens again within 24 hours of the warning. Also, automatic win for whomever your opponent is when a disconnection happens. Last, you should have a disconnection percentage visible to whomever you fight so they know before they agree to a fight that you have issues. Mind you, haven't played SFV yet so i apologize in advance if it has some of this stuff already.

and i dont want to hear about how you shouldnt be penalized for your ISP's crappy connection issues. If your connection is messed up then you shouldn't try going online until your issues get resolved.
Nope absolutely nothing of the sort, it's utterly baffling

This problem has been solved for years, hell even in IV you lost a bunch of points whenever you dced

Lobbies are fixed and searching is better now.
That's something, should be able to get some decent matches in tonight at least.

Jawmuncher

You know I was just thinking about this. The Capcom Fighters Network is called just that CAPCOM FIGHTERS. I wonder if this mean future fighting games will come to PC with cross play.

Unknown. I wouldn't put it past them to use W3 to test DX12 paths in order to get it working for Cyberpunk.

I'm pretty sure there will be enhanced TW3 with time, not soon though

That'd be hard to justify unless they combine it with issuing a big (and expensive) expansion.

Yeah, that would make sense, and ideal for them.
Enhanced edition with DX12 support & all expansions. 2 years later, perhaps.

ViviOggi

I mean benchmarks of a maxed Alpha are hardly gonna be representative of the release version... but if I can't get 60fps on a 980 heads will roll

Jawmuncher

There's a glitch with battle lounge where it takes away the room but you're stuck in it. Lobby Purgatory. No one can join, and no one can leave.

It's "working" though. With randoms anyway. Haven't been able to play with anyone on my friends list though.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Soulbringer -- MB-3FFCE5DC4863D1DA - Taken by GaussTek - Taken by dave is ok
Endorlight -- MB-42CE785B2FDC8A0C - Taken by Zeeman
xheRJRF.gif
Rover Rescue -- MB-5EA7AB2968E41AAC - Taken by ussjtrunks
Timberman -- MB-AD4CE84FEE6E53B4 - Taken by dave is ok

clearing out old stuff

dex3108

What happened with Source 2 engine? They did soft launch with Dodo 2 Reborn and after that silence. And in general what the hell 300 people at Valve even do anymore?

Momentary

Banned
Are people getting matches in SFV? If so how? I haven't gotten one since day before yesterday. If this continues today I'm going to demand my money back. I don't give a shit if I've been on here for hours.

Jawmuncher

Are people getting matches in SFV? If so how? I haven't gotten one since day before yesterday. If this continues today I'm going to demand my money back. I don't give a shit if I've been on here for hours.

I just sat at ranked waiting but they popped up in like a minute

Messiah

Getting ranked matches like every 10 to 20 seconds while queueing for 4-5 bars in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom