• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I may be late but welcome back.

fr2kOQF.gif

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
I feel like they have been announcing a new game for a few months now with all those teases.

The plan was we'd be announcing in January, but alas that was not to be.

Ghostlight Ross, truly the master of vidoegame reveal foreplay.

Thank you... I think :)

Estelle avatar on twitter.
Nayuta no Kiseki PC port confirmed?

Nope, that's just me being a Trails fanboy :)

please qnnounce by monday @.@

Monday is the plan, but given how things have gone I'm giving us a little wriggle room.

Arthea

Deponia must be most divisive series ever (secretly).
What steamgaf thinks about it:
The worst protagonist ever (silly Rufus! imagine that) - courtesy of Turf
Immoral
(bird killing)
- courtesy of Ningen
Looks bad - CecilRousso

and nobody ever complains about gameplay aside from me taking not very serious jabs at it from time to time
mindblowing

saoirseilovemakingpeoplecry.gif
Someone should make a Monokuma dressed as Beatrice (or the other way around) avatar for me.

kindly remind me next week, I'll make you one if I have time.

thanks!
yeah, seems to be it, although it kinda looks different, or maybe I forgot.

unrelated edit:
OK NIS, you had one job - to make nice badges, emotes and backgrounds! That's all what was expected of you!
yet you went and made horrid lvl 5 badge and emotes are not what they should have been!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A great game featuring the definitive assassin -- MB-4364E31CFF8950EF - Taken by Diedac. 33 entrants total.

t1456496531z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Deponia must be most divisive series ever (secretly).
What steamgaf thinks about it:
The worst protagonist ever (silly Rufus! imagine that) - courtesy of Turf
Immoral
(bird killing)
- courtesy of Ningen
Looks bad - CecilRousso

and nobody ever complains about gameplay aside from me taking not very serious jabs at it from time to time
mindblowing

kindly remind me next week, I'll make you one if I have time.

thanks!
yeah, seems to be it, although it kinda looks different, or maybe I forgot.

unrelated edit:
OK NIS, you had one job - to make nice badges, emotes and backgrounds! That's all what was expected of you!
yet you went and made horrid lvl 5 badge and emotes are not what they should have been!

There are also jokes about pedophiles.

Uzzy

Bet you'll play as one of the Doughboys to show how America saved the world again.

Done well, you could have a game that showed a variety of viewpoints throughout the war, starting with sieges in Belgium, the Battle of the Marne and getting a taxi from Paris to the front line, the horrific nightmares of the Battle of the Somme, Verdun or Passchendaele, then progress to the combined arms offensive displayed at the Battle of Cambrai and during the Hundred Days. And that's without even touching on the Russian Front or Lettow-Vorbeck's guerrilla exploits in Africa. There's a lot that they could do.

Ludens

Banned
Bet you'll play as one of the Doughboys to show how America saved the world again.

Done well, you could have a game that showed a variety of viewpoints throughout the war, starting with sieges in Belgium, the Battle of the Marne and getting a taxi from Paris to the front line, the horrific nightmares of the Battle of the Somme, Verdun or Passchendaele, then progress to the combined arms offensive displayed at the Battle of Cambrai and during the Hundred Days. And that's without even touching on the Russian Front or Lettow-Vorbeck's guerrilla exploits in Africa. There's a lot that they could do.

And do you expect all of this in a 3 hours campaign?

Here's my review of the free Shovel Knight DLC, Plague of Shadows

Did you like Shovel Knight? Y/N

-if yes, then what the fuck go play this right away it's fantastic
-if no, why do you hate good things?

It's better than like 90% of the DLCs i've paid for and it's completely free to owners of the game.

People, get on this.

Uzzy

And do you expect all of this in a 3 hours campaign?

Nope! That's why I expect you'll play as one of the Americans in the AEF, so you get the 1918 campaigns with movement, tanks, aircraft etc.

As I said in the thread for it we're getting Battlefield x FIFA and have a Christmas kickabout in no mans land.

Now see, that'd be something both obvious to do and really quite special. I love that the Verdun game has that in.

WWI games are hard to do because it's literally years of people living in trenches, doing nothing, just trying to not get killed by shells, chemical weapons, and diseases.

I wish DICE the best with their endeavors

WWI games are hard to do because it's literally years of people living in trenches, doing nothing, just trying to not get killed by shells, chemical weapons, and diseases.

I wish DICE the best with their endeavors

Wrong! Sure, during the daytime the battle field was instant death outside of the trenches. At night, it was completely different and would totally fit small team tactics. At night, small raiding parties were formed to go into enemy territory to take out targets, spy, get supplies, to set traps and repair defenses. The sides would tunnel around and into each other that would fit game play.Plus they could add more modern weapons with a dash of scifi.

Jawmuncher

Wrong! Sure, during the daytime the battle field was instant death outside of the trenches. At night, it was completely different and would totally fit small team tactics. At night, small raiding parties were formed to go into enemy territory to take out targets, spy, get supplies, to set traps and repair defenses. The sides would tunnel around and into each other that would fit game play.Plus they could add more modern weapons with a dash of scifi.

That doesn't sound like a battlefield game though.

Dr Dogg

If you folks are expecting a serviceable single player offering from DICE then I think you better take a seat right now. Well unless they figure out how to do something fun again like the Bad Company games.

well, i guess we're getting an entirely night time battlefield game with low player counts and barbed wire or something

because otherwise, my original point stands: WWI was a years-long battle of attrition. Unless they want to do the early conflicts where stupid things like the french army going to the battlefield in their colorful attire from the napolean era led to them getting slaughtered by the tens of thousands in a completely lopsided battles is a thing they want to cover.

There's literally no part of WWI that lends itself well to the battlefield style of gameplay. Even the most bloodiest parts are just massacres but in an enormous scale. I'd like to see them prove me wrong, though

If you folks are expecting a serviceable single player offering from DICE then I think you better take a seat right now. Well unless they figure out how to do something fun again like the Bad Company games.

BF4's campaign is one of the worst ones i've played through in recent memory. might be the worst FPS campaign i played in the last 10 years

Jawmuncher

I played BF4 SP for free from Origin Game Time and still felt cheated.

vermadas

Re: Nuuvem, what do people use for easy VPN nowadays? Last time I needed one I used Hola, but they've since been blacklisted due to their botnet shenanigans.

I played BF4 SP for free from Origin Game Time and still felt cheated.

And I bought EA Game Time specifically to play DA: Inquisition, but bailed out after an hour.

Nothing of value was lost.

I don't even remember the plots from the last two mainline BF games. That's how generic and unremarkable they are.

well, i guess we're getting an entirely night time battlefield game with low player counts and barbed wire or something

because otherwise, my original point stands: WWI was a years-long battle of attrition. Unless they want to do the early conflicts where stupid things like the french army going to the battlefield in their colorful attire from the napolean era led to them getting slaughtered by the tens of thousands in a completely lopsided battles is a thing they want to cover.

There's literally no part of WWI that lends itself well to the battlefield style of gameplay. Even the most bloodiest parts are just massacres but in an enormous scale. I'd like to see them prove me wrong, though

I think they can take some liberties with regards to trench warfare. They simply won't make a game that is predominantly stationary with a highly lethal common area. Not with the playerbase they target. I can see that aspect getting downplayed, while keeping the tone of misery, while still successfully telling a WWI tale with modern gaming's tastes.

Their main hurdle, to me, is that automatic weapons were large, mostly stationary guns that required some breaking down to move. Modern gamers love themselves some motherfucking automatics, baby. I don't know how popular bolt-action FPS will be for people.

Personally, I used to search out the Mauser-only servers of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and just play those. The combat was tense and crazy when you couldn't spray n pray. People that could dodge and aim generally outclassed those who got lucky. EDIT: Realism mods on those servers. Gotta have the realism mod. Damn, I miss that game...

Jawmuncher

It's odd how much trouble DICE has with campaigns, considering Mirrors Edge was pretty good. Hopefully the new Mirrors Edge is a turning point for their campaigns. Since BF hasn't even been as good as the low points of CODs starting at 4.

Mivey

Anyone with a European (espacially Austrian) Paypal address using Nuuvem? Even with a VPN it is refusing the purchase, after I acknowledged the payment from the Paypal interface (no transaction is thus taking place).

Happened only fairly recently to me, was not happening in December.

Eternia

Steam open beta soon.

I miss Iashman..
I wonder how the International version's monetization is going to be handled in the final game. At one point (sounds like it still is) the Korean version restricted player trading to premium accounts to fight against RMT. I'm kind of worried what else gets stuck behind a paywall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom