• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Danny O'Dwyer confirms that Superhot is indeed quite short, but unlocks a bunch of modes for those interested

Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 3h3 hours ago
Completed the "story" in 74 minutes, but the game unlocks a bunch other modes then. Super clever, how it all unfolds. Super. Clever.

I don't know, 25$ is a lot to ask for when so many other titles offer a lot more at that price range.

Arthea

LucasArts is dead, sold by Lucas and killed by Disney, and Cyan still has to prove themselves with their first Kickstarter game. Even then, the Myst-style games are different enough to be considered their own sub-genre within adventure games, regardless what you think of them.
The only name of old that is still active is probably the revived Sierra, with the new Kings Quest games. But even those seem more like half-arsed Telltale games than actual adventure games.

Them being dead doesn't make their games being dead also.
I agree that Myst like games are in own subgenre, though

This reminds me, I still have to play new King's Quest, but it didn't seem a game I wanted it to be, so it can wait.

I don't know, 25$ is a lot to ask for when so many other titles offer a lot more at that price range.

would you say it's SuperLot?

Danny O'Dwyer confirms that Superhot is indeed quite short, but unlocks a bunch of modes for those interested

Completed the "story" in 74 minutes, but the game unlocks a bunch other modes then. Super clever, how it all unfolds. Super. Clever.

More like SuperShort amiright.

duppolo

You've asked about this a few times so I figured I'd look it up for you. SteamDB shows that Battleborn has a sub that can only be activated and run in Brazil. It's likely that these are the cd keys being sold on Nuuvem. So even if you were able to buy the game from there somehow, you would only be able to run it if you lived in Brazil or ran a VPN every single time you played it. You should look elsewhere to find a deal on the game.

You can add the uplay version as a non Steam game. You won't actually be able to redeem the key on Steam.

oh. thanks :(

Deques

What is happening lately with YouTobe and copyright claims? Every day some YT Personality complains that video was claimed.

Youtube has a broken copyright system which is being abused by companies and youtube channels. They send false copyright claims

Hope you're enjoying your day Steamgaf.
SUPER HOT
giveaway repost.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SUPERHOT -- MB-23F4C9361AF6F970 - Taken by LordAmused. 51 entrants total.

t1456490114z1.png

Dr Dogg

Clever doesn't rhyme with hot Danny!

More like SuperShort amiright.

See this is how you do it.

TheTrain

He said around.
As in, still in business.
Cyan sucks donkey balls

Resonance is good.
Primordia is amazing. Blackwell 3 and up as well.

Cyan rock!

+1 for Resonance, it's really good
Last week i've beaten syberia, I remember the first time i've played it on an old 9500GS (~10 years ago) and damn even today it's an astonishing journey. I will play Syberia 2 close to the release of the third chapter.

This year I'm looking forward to Silence:TWW 2. I loved the first chapter and the incipit of this sequel seems dark as hell in terms of content. We'll see what daedalic is doing

JohnCYQ

Question.

So lets say I buy The Division from a non-steam source. Later on a new DLC comes out, and I want to buy it via steam. Would that work somehow? Or am I stuck having to get it via another source?

Phinor

"You wanted WW2? Well fuck that we're going even farther back". I do find this a little odd since a lot of the Battlefield stuff won't really work for trench warfare. Also how will this have a dinosaur mode. They promised me a dinosaur mode.

I'd love to see them try WW1. We've had some decent attempts at WW1 shooters but nothing that stands out. In any case, I hope BF5 is WW1 or WW2 rather than modern or future.

Jawmuncher

I'd love to see them try WW1. We've had some decent attempts at WW1 shooters but nothing that stands out. In any case, I hope BF5 is WW1 or WW2 rather than modern or future.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is legit. But I would bet that it has a different name. I think that'll save BF5 title for modern

Dr Dogg

"You wanted WW2? Well fuck that we're going even farther back". I do find this a little odd since a lot of the Battlefield stuff won't really work for trench warfare. Also how will this have a dinosaur mode. They promised me a dinosaur mode.

There was armoured warfare all the way back then as well. Not until 1916, 1917 I think. Battle of the Somme for instance.

AHA-Lambda

They've been promising that since BF3 haven't they? >_>

Dr Dogg

You know what DICE need to do? Battlefield 10,000BC. Where you ride into battle on the back of dinosuars. Fuck historical accuracy and it would be the perfect counter point to Far Cry Primal. Way cooler concept than Hardline's too.

Arthea

Don't mean to butt into this thread all random like, but, Free Space 1 and Free Space 2 are on sale with their prices slashed for the weekend.

Just FYI

barge in boldly

... only those discounts are nothing to write home about, both games were cheaper before, also it's FreeSpace. I know it may sound nitpicky, but it took me awhile to even understand what are you talking about I'm so not used to those spaces.

aww, it's still a week away, announcement I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom