• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleinc

Banned
It's driving me a little crazy, but I swear I've played a game like Superhot before. I feel like I've developed some Hotline Miami/Any FPS where you grab items out of midair in slow motion false memory. FEAR? The Max Payne games? Bulletstorm? Timeshift? Hmm.
Braid had this mechanic when you move forward/backwards time flow changes respectively and stops when you stop making it more advanced than superhot's move/stop system.

Parsnip

The interesting point here for me was some info on Unity engine. He says it's an easy-to-get-into engine but has problems with threading and garbage collection which leads to bad performance and stuttering. Apparently Unity 5.4 will ship out soon and is going to address those problems.
If I were to dabble in hobby projects, I assumed Unity to be the right choice but I'm not so sure anymore. What other free engines can indie devs take advantage of to get their games up and running in similarly easy and quick way?
Unreal.

Ludens

Banned
I think Unity is good for small location (just see Layer of Fears), but in an open-world structure (or even semi open-world like Dramfall Chapters) the engine can't manage all the loading.

This is being removed from Steam due to legal issues for anyone that has been eyeing it.

ss_a2536ec661d8f16a8363a03bcbd5a80e11e0aa0c.1920x1080.jpg

Does it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not cherrypicking, honest. Just there's 1,780 SteamGAFfers to go through so I started at the top of my list and picked those fitting to the classes I had unlocked so far. Don't worry everyone is going have their chance to die shine

Well actually there is no permadeath in Disgaea but you can be out of battle for a really long time.

Someone write a little widgets web thing that'll spit out random steam GAF names

Anteater

I think I'm going senile

I can't remember a thing from all these video games I temporarily stopped playing like 2 months ago

What do these icons in darksiders 2 even mean and where the hell am I

Heck I don't even remember where I am in Firewatch and I played that like last week, and the game is supposed to be 3hrs long

Dr Dogg

Actually seeing as hacked together/plagiarised/11th hour OTs are kind of my speciality I'm sure someone can make use of this if needs must.

8EA5xfD.png

Platforms: Steam
Release Date: 24 Feb 2016
Versions: Disgaea PC - $19.99/£14.99/€19.99 | Disgaea PC: Digital Dood Edition (includes Digital Artbook) - $22.49/£16.99/€20.99

Download the Darkness, Level Up Evil!

Two years after the death of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, the demon prince Laharl awakens to discover that the Netherworld is in turmoil. With unlikely allies, his devious vassal Etna and the angel trainee Flonne, he must battle his way to supremacy to retake the throne and become the next Overlord. Experience the SRPG classic, now on PC!

Key Features:
  • An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
  • Choose from over 40 unique character types
  • Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
  • Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
  • With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
  • Over-the-top battle animations
  • Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
  • Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
  • A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed
New to Disgaea PC (It's not just a port!):
  • Updated UI and textures
  • Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
  • Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
  • New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading cards

Screenshoots

Learn about the long and prestigious history of the Disgaea series @ http://disgaea.us/
Thanks to InfiniteNine for the banner.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mavromatis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny Troopers -- MB-BBA5C5A4C61FCC54 - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-90831367BB003D45 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme -- MB-6592E21788137B76 - Taken by septicore. 6 entrants total.

t1456580315z1.png

fantomena

Are these automated posts or what?
Have seen the exact same post many times now, so damn weird.

You can connect your GAF, Twitter or FB-account to the game once you start it up. When you finish the campaign you will be asked if you want to post that certain comment people keeps posting including a discount code on GAF, Twitter or FB.

It's pretty cool.

Pretty cool?

Yeah, no. I'd rather hear some effort put into an impressions post than this generic astroturf-lite stuff.

I posted something about it.

Cool gameplay mechancis, quite short. Finished the main mode in 1:30h, after that
you unlock new modes, but these are just the same levels (besides endless) with different modifiers like only Katana etc.

Regginator

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mavromatis, who is running this raffle.

wow, gas guzzlers looks like a modern vigilante 8, never heard of this game. does it actually play like vigilante (meaning an open area where the sole single purpose is to fuck each other up), or is its focus more an acual racing game where you can shoot each other while you're racing on a track?

Pachimari

You can connect your GAF, Twitter or FB-account to the game once you start it up. When you finish the campaign you will be asked if you want to post that certain comment people keeps posting including a discount code on GAF, Twitter or FB.

It's pretty cool.
Is it an actual GAF option or just any forum/site you decide?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GoodCoffeeJoey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gone Home -- MB-637EEA6735407F9D - Taken by Jalal. 7 entrants total.

t1456588895z1.png

-

Xanathus

I don't play or follow DOTA2 at all but this casting controversy is soooooo engrossing. I wonder if the community will start a Valve boycott at some point.

Ozium

SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I'VE PLAYED IN YEARS!

Buy it on Nuuvem for cheap.

--

LEGIT THO ENDLESS MODE IS LEGIT
CAN'TSTOPWON'TSTOP

SUPER

HOT

#ListenToSalsa

Any way to upgrade the PS4 pad with Wii U Classic pad batteries? Or Steam Controller ones?

I want 30+ hours of charge.
It's a nice, short watch. They also changed the stock battery (1200mA) with a 2000mA one. It did not extend battery life a bit though weirdly.
Disassembly process is a bit wanky though.

JustinBB7

I bought Dark Souls 3 on cdkeys when it had that discount, I went to check if they had a code already since the game is up on steam now, and they ask me to give them my phone number before I can see the code... is that normal?

Anybody? I know the code is most likely not even up yet, just don't want to give them my phone number when it will be there.

dex3108

Anybody? I know the code is most likely not even up yet, just don't want to give them my phone number when it will be there.

jshackles had to give it too. It is apparently part of their security check. They just send you code that you enter. It is more-less like 2-factor authentication on Steam/Origin/Google.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't play or follow DOTA2 at all but this casting controversy is soooooo engrossing. I wonder if the community will start a Valve boycott at some point.

James response is pretty convincing, he's an ass on camera but come on when ICEFROG THE MASTERMIND BEHIND DOTA AND DOTA 2 tells you to be yourself (his oncamera self ofc) then what is he supposed to do.

Valve seems to have as good communication within the company as they have to the community.

Xanathus

James response is pretty convincing, he's an ass on camera but come on when ICEFROG THE MASTERMIND BEHIND DOTA AND DOTA 2 tells you to be yourself (his oncamera self ofc) then what is he supposed to do.

Valve seems to have as good communication within the company as they have to the community.

Yeah I'm inclined to believe in James even when Gaben's post was the only information available and people were supporting Gabe.

Jadax

James is a dumbass who may make streams funny for some people, but I think he's just an annoying twat. What I find even more hilarious is how dota nerds on r/dota2 are trying to make Gaben out to be the bad guy for having the guts to accept fault that production sucked and firing everyone (including him).

Most panels with him are the following:

- Says some shit
- Flames some player/co-caster
- Says 'just kidding'

And then we sit through an awkward panel until the games start.

Good riddance from official Valve setups imo.

Pretty cool?

Yeah, no. I'd rather hear some effort put into an impressions post than this generic astroturf-lite stuff.

I'm guilty of having posted that most innovative stuff thingie on twitter.

Here are some impressions on the game:

The main gimmick (time only moves when you do) is really well done and there's some crazy stuff you can do (the following is a game mechanic, but some may categorize it as a spoiler)
you can do slow motion jumps if you press space (or your jump button) and keep it pressed
I didn't like the way the story stuff is presented (luckily, you get nothing of that once you finish the game and move on to the challenges) and I didn't like that the "instant restart" button doesn't exactly instant restart (there's a buzzing sound and a second or so of white noise)
I love the endless mode.
I'm not sure if I'd pay $25 for it, but it's a pretty good game for the $9 I paid on Nuuvem (and I'm South American, so I'd guess it's not exploiting regional pricing)

That's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom