• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFV's survival mode is pretty much endless, so I'm not seeing how this really works as a slam. I'm not sure if the hard/impossible ladders go higher than 30 matches, but with normal sitting at 30 matches to complete, SFV survival mode is pretty much "endless mode".

That would be true if the AI in Survival mode wasn't complete and utter garbage. It's 29 fights of no resistance whatsoever from a completely braindead opponent then a ludicrously cheap fight, etc. The mode isn't remotely fun at all.

Jazz573

image.php

I think so, but where do we get the wrench and the trombone.

Come to discord, I wanna hear your voice. :p

I can't believe Deserts of Kharak hasn't had a sale yet. It's been out for a month already, and it's only available on Steam and Humble Bundle, so I can't even use GMG coupons or anything. :\

zkylon

zkylewd
key? na bro, they just add you

i got an email today saying they finally added me in

well whatever

i wish they just did their thing so i can play it

if i'm not mistaken they kind of raised the price for the game a bunch too since argie currency is like going through a rough time (essentially my country was going to shit already but now it's worse)

Hello Darknesssss
that sounds all sorts of awful

chixdiggit

Trying to remember name of Steam Early Access title. Minecraft type game where you found portals to other players worlds. You could see the other world through the portal.

Momentary

Banned
Well considering this is like the only game that has performance issues because of the Steam API I'd say the more logical conclusion is the developers fucked up.

A developer shouldn't have to worry about some Beta API. You're asking too much from such a small group. That's pretty unfair when other games have issues with it as well. It's really not their fault.

Dsyndrome

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear should hopefully be coming out soon, the Enhanced Edition now has 61 trophies listed on Steam, while BG2 has 93 (!).

zkylon

zkylewd
I bet its too long
im guessing it'll be as long as games of that genre can be

i just want to feel that crushing feeling again that i got when i played the snes version of harvest moon and married the bartender and she went from being an edgy girl with an exciting job to a depressing child bearing housewife

harvest moon has always taught the bestest of values

i wish blizz gave me an overwatch beta key already
I opted in the Asian server beta, turns out they are doing the hunger marketing shit, only giving access to a handful of people a day, screw that. It's not like Asian divisions have a say in balancing or bug fixing, there's only stress testing left and they aren't even doing that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I opted in the Asian server beta, turns out they are doing the hunger marketing shit, only giving access to a handful of people a day, screw that. It's not like Asian divisions have a say in balancing or bug fixing, there's only stress testing left and they aren't even doing that.
does blizz do like different pricing schemes for sea?

this game feels like the kind of game that would be f2p in taiwan and whatnot

that's weird

base game is 25~ usd here

i'm super excited for it but i really want to play it first
Blizzard is insanely popular around here, it doesn't need to do regional pricing, it could even get away with selling language locked games full US price, and it did.

Xanathus

Blizzard is insanely poplar around here, it doesn't need to do regional pricing, it could even get away with selling language locked games full US price, and it did.

The thing I'm worried about Overwatch in SEA is that none of the other Blizz games have SEA servers and ping is super important in a shooter, so without a Singapore server the game might as well be dead in SEA.

Knurek

No, but those games are older. If you start completely disregarding that, none of those games should even be considered because you could instead buy Planescape:Torment.

Y-Y-You mean there are people who don't own Planescape: Torment?
mindblown.gif

Also, is this a first?

Steam. Now also for Amiga.

The thing I'm worried about Overwatch in SEA is that none of the other Blizz games have SEA servers and ping is super important in a shooter, so without a Singapore server the game might as well be dead in SEA.
At worst you guys get grouped with Asian or Oceanian server.

Kickstarter update is out for Consortium 2.

It's returning for another round of crowdfunding on Fig on March 22nd.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tower/posts/1503056?ref=backer_project_update

tbh, this worries me, I don't see how this will turn things around =/

I figure they're on Fig now because they have outside investors who will also participate in the campaign. So the burden of crowdfunding will be substantially lower on regular folks.

Blizzard had SEA servers for Starcraft 2 right? I seem to remember my copy of the game allowed me to access both SEA and US servers.

Ludens

Banned
I have a problem with Idlemaster. My pc turned off and Idlemaster won't recognize Steam running.
I'm trying to re-install it, but I can't find the directory to uninstall it, simply running the setup opens Idlemaster and nothing changes.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Pathologic HD makes it very enticing.

https://www.gamebundle.com/gb/gamebundle/

The Forgotten God GameBundle

1$

Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack
Breach & Clear Deadline
Pixel Poetry
Good Game

BTA

Pathologic Classic HD
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Pay more than 8$

Train Fever
Mystery Game (unlocks on March 7th)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a problem with Idlemaster. My pc turned off and Idlemaster won't recognize Steam running.
I'm trying to re-install it, but I can't find the directory to uninstall it, simply running the setup opens Idlemaster and nothing changes.

This is what I see when I try to boot it:

Search your PC for idlemaster.exe and delete the folder.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I don't like being rude about people's hard work, but I followed this guy's Kickstarter and it was one of the least professional I've ever seen. I mean he made good progress and the game got released, but he would frequently go long periods without doing anything, every update seemed to be him trying to figure out basic Unity functions, and he just generally wrote updates like an internet random rather than a paid professional. No idea about the quality of the game, maybe it's great, it just struck me as fundamentally odd that a guy noodling around in Unity without even the veneer of professionalism managed to KS 75k and bring this to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom