• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

come join me with this mars: war logs game

01ecq83.jpg
0217rnk.jpg
039prtm.jpg

04ehrxx.jpg
05aaob0.jpg
06q0p7d.jpg

070yp5e.jpg

just imagine this is a post from the playstation blog with music from 30 seconds to mars

Nzyme32

SuperHotMeme

Rambo: The Videogame doesn't work for me

When I try to start it this happens:

rambo4sufq.jpg

There is no setup.exe in the games folder and verifying files doesn't help

How do you start this game?

Rambo killed setup.exe so now you have to avenge his death or something

Wok

Well Superhot marketing works. It is selling better than Danganronpa or Disgaea as far as i can see.

You are saying one thing: Superhot is selling well.

You are linking that fact with the viral marketing, which is not the only explanation.

The game might just be selling well because OpenCritic rates it at one of the best of 2016.

Pds5oQr.jpg

Finally got to Gold league in SFV, took a little longer that what i expected due to many people rage quitting against me :/ , hope that some kind of system is implemented to punish rage quits soon

zkylon

zkylewd
come join me with this mars: war logs game

just imagine this is a post from the playstation blog with music from 30 seconds to mars

i've given my half-endorsement of that game like a while ago

it's kind of a proof of concept game tbh, you can sort of see where they're going with it but nothing about it looks polished, it feels like you're playing the first take of each system or whatever

but it has some really cool stuff to it, i like the setting a lot and prison breaks are like a fantasy i don't think games do nearly often enough

Dr Dogg

What on earth is Pony Island?

*goes off to read the Steam reviews*

Huh, guess I'll give that a spin sometime. Seems fucked up enough for my tastes and the price is impulse purchase territory..

DagsJT

Huh, guess I'll give that a spin sometime. Seems fucked up enough for my tastes and the price is impulse purchase territory..

It's on sale at GOG at the moment, might be cheaper than Steam.

SuperHotMeme

Rambo killed setup.exe so now you have to avenge his death or something

You might say, this time, it was Rambo who drew First Blood.

Now you've got me wondering...

Thanks. But I think I'll wait for a Steam sale if I find it relevant to my interests. :)

Anteater

i've given my half-endorsement of that game like a while ago

it's kind of a proof of concept game tbh, you can sort of see where they're going with it but nothing about it looks polished, it feels like you're playing the first take of each system or whatever

but it has some really cool stuff to it, i like the setting a lot and prison breaks are like a fantasy i don't think games do nearly often enough

i missed it so it must've been half a decade ago when you posted it :V

yeah it's like the post ps2 era games, mid budget games, I'm sorta enjoying it but I'm not too far into the game but it's more focused on the scenario than the actual gameplay, it reminds me of the mass effect citadel part

but with jared leto

Dr Dogg

So it is. Though 20p cheaper than Steam. But the GOG version is DRM free guaranteed and comes with the soundtrack but the Steam version has achievements. Wonder which one of my strange compulsions will win out?

yeah it's like the post ps2 era games, mid budget games, I'm sorta enjoying it but I'm not too far into the game but it's more focused on the scenario than the actual gameplay, it reminds me of the mass effect citadel part

Mass Effect without the shooting is like all the best parts of Mass Effect...

dex3108

You are saying one thing: Superhot is selling well.

You are linking that fact with the viral marketing, which is not the only explanation.

The game might just be selling well because OpenCritic rates it at one of the best of 2016.

Pds5oQr.jpg

Well to be honest Superhot devs did nothing special and yet people are talking about Superhot a lot :D Good game and word of mouth can do great things. That and fact that Superhot is most innovative shooter in years! :D

Ozium

So it is. Though 20p cheaper than Steam. But the GOG version is DRM free guaranteed and comes with the soundtrack but the Steam version has achievements. Wonder which one of my strange compulsions will win out?

steam version also has cards m8

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well to be honest Superhot devs did nothing special and yet people are talking about Superhot a lot :D Good game and word of mouth can do great things. That and fact that Superhot is most innovative shooter in years! :D

They kinda did do something special on multiple levels.

I don't think I can handle SUPERHOT + Wrex. That would be too much!
I don't know. The gameplay and combat refinements in ME3 were the best in the series to date. I had an absolute blast doing dodge-rolls and dives to get to cover more quickly.

Oh, definitely. But that was also Mass Effect at its lowest, writing-wise.

With the reception of ME2, it probably would've been better for each ME to be a vignette within the larger story, almost Assassin's Creed Animus-style. Because there was no way Bioware could wrap things up in a satisfying manner in one game with the way they handled choice & consequence.

zkylon

zkylewd

but with jared leto

yeah it's ok no one reads my writeups anyways

I don't think I can handle SUPERHOT + Wrex. That would be too much!

Oh, definitely. But that was also Mass Effect at its lowest, writing-wise.

With the reception of ME2, it probably would've been better for each ME to be a vignette within the larger story, almost Assassin's Creed Animus-style. Because there was no way Bioware could wrap things up in a satisfying manner in one game with the way they handled choice & consequence.

It's strange, because I found ME3 to be the most interesting story-wise, at least in a "car crash you can't look away from" way. It's kind of like Alien 3, in that the plot is an absolute clusterfuck, the characters are (mostly) less deep than the previous games and the overarching goal is absolutely dumb, but the moment-to-moment setpieces are great in a "dumb action film" kind of way. And this is coming from someone who actively blasted Bioware on their forums just after the game's release.

I still have half a mind to write up a series of articles on how ME3 didn't work. Despite that, I loved it in a dumb sort of way. I never had as much fun in the series as I did when I was on the Rannoch missions, popping out Tali's Combat Drone to distract enemies while I combat-rolled out of cover and sprinted over to Garrus to revive him. Even the final battle is so stupid, with so much stuff happening on-screen at once, that it becomes amazing in a "so bad it's good" sort of way. It's like all the excesses of late 2000's game development in a nutshell - shaky screen, bullet-sponge enemies, a dark and murky combat environment, no clear understanding of what you're doing or how it works, etc.

I remember virtually nothing from the ME2 base game besides the Suicide Mission, despite having played all of them just two months ago. The levels were painfully linear and unremarkable, and I found myself bored whenever I went to a quest hub for the umpteenth time. It's the prime example of a game designed by committee. The side missions are more memorable than the majority of the game, for God's sake.

Jawmuncher

That is not a priority.

You make it sound like its a 50+ man endeavor to add cards to a game. Sorry but we all know the process for adding cards. You can hand it off to one guy and be done with it in an afternoon. Shit I'd do it for them if they're really stretched that thin.

You make it sound like its a 50+ man endeavor to add cards to a game. Sorry but we all know the process for adding cards. You can hand it off to one guy and be done with it in an afternoon. Shit I'd do it for them if they're really stretched that thin.

You'd do a lot of things for Capcom, apparently. ;)

tumblr_lhjvsblVn01qhze4mo1_500.gif

Disgaea is GOTY
prinnies are awesome
Disgaea is a great port
everyone loves prinnies
leaf and bayo (or w/e he likes to call himself now) love disgaea as well
Disgaea is the most emotional game you'll ever play
Disgaea is a 10/10
Buy Disgaea
Buy Disgaea for your friends
Play Disgaea
Fall in love with Disgaea
prinnies

Jaw did a wonderful job as Punished (Venom) Prinny, this legend is both of ours, Jaw. We did it. Praise Disgaea, and lastly, someone let me hold their flonne card so i can build me the badge.

one of those prinnies is ozzy, he must atone for his sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom