• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Rocket League for free on both PS4 and PC and I've played it maybe 30 minutes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*high-five*

wait is there gonna be mp?

why would anyone play doom for the multiplayer

wtf kind of shit is that

Because Doom used to have fun multiplayer back in the days of dial up modems and 486 processors?

It's okay. It took me 2.5 years to finish TR2013, and I had 3 copies.

You'll do it one day.

There's nothing for him to do if he didn't really take to it. :X

Ozium

Xw9hJEg.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
that sucks, i wasn't really interested cos shooters kind of gross me out these days but hearing it'll be multiplayer focused is the final nail in the coffin for me

fortunately doom 1&2 still hold up

that sucks, i wasn't really interested cos shooters kind of gross me out these days but hearing it'll be multiplayer focused is the final nail in the coffin for me

fortunately doom 1&2 still hold up

Multiplayer focused? I don't know about that.
Multiplayer component? Definitely.

I haven't paid that much attention to be honest. Most competitive multiplayer games don't interest me, so like dsyndrome, I'll be paying attention to the DOOM SP campaign. Hopefully it ends up being something decent and enjoyable for what it is, much like W:TNO (for the most part) or W:TOB.

You've never gone back to a game you weren't in love with only to end up enjoying it? Frost, come on. :c

Not really. If I don't like something, I usually get rid of it and/or move on.

Frost hates every game

True story!

What in the seven Hells?

going to file that under my category of games never to play while on acid

Seems like a sound idea and very wise...

Butts were a mistake, it's nothing but ass.

Nice one.

Ayup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe they thought it stood for "Butts The Very Realistic Experience"

Also when did Frost become X05?

This is an older game that was on Big Fish Games for years. It's easily the worst of the three Ravenhearst games. It relies heavily on (bad, and not in a good way) FMV, and while the first two in the series were nicely creepy, this one ventures into straight up gross (the puzzle with the pregnant mannequins gives me the jibblies just remembering it.)

The original Ravenhearst was good, and more early-style HOG that had more focus on the scenes and the minigames, and not so much on inventory puzzles. The second, Return to Ravenhearst, was great and more like a modern HOG.

But it looks like they gave cards to Escape from Ravenhearst, which is a step forward for BFG. I still don't recommend this game though.

Super LTTP but I just played 3 hours straight of Call of Juarez Gunslinger. It's a freaking headshots simulator and I love it. Very clean fps mechanics without much clutter, almost an old style PC fps which I don't seem to find many anymore. The narrative style storytelling fits it nicely also. Should have got this earlier if I knew it was this good but I'm having fun so doesn't matter much. On the technical side was having some stutter which I fixed with a 60fps limiter in RTSS.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Beat Valkyria Chronicles tonight. That is a good video game.

There are like... DLCs and stuff, I guess? I guess I should play those before I do new game plus. Is there some order I should be playing stuff in? Is it all in the "extras menu"? It's confusing because some of that stuff is still greyed out.

Soulflarz

Banned

There are like... DLCs and stuff, I guess? I guess I should play those before I do new game plus. Is there some order I should be playing stuff in? Is it all in the "extras menu"? It's confusing because some of that stuff is still greyed out.

waiiit
HTOWN
YOU POST IN STEAMGAF?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

The Blue Flame DLC gives you
Selvaria's gun
for shocktroopers, which is pretty OP. All the Edy detachment stuff is just fluff, although you can get a good weapon for scouts/engineers from the scout trial. All of the DLC besides the class trials and expert mode is in the extras folder. Expert mode is an option for skirmish difficulties, and the class trials are on the second page in the skirmish tab. Blue Flame and Enter the Edy Detactment are the only things that have a little side story to them.

You don't really have to play any of them for ng+ though, if you don't want to.

That moment, that damn eye-opening moment when you can literally feel your brain cells waking up, shacking off dust, slowly start going into overdrive and grow.

It's really a stroke of genius that so little is being explained, even your abilities and tactics. At some very early puzzle, I couldn't see any solution and was stumped. Thought it might be unsolvable until I upgrade or get a new item but then I kept fooling around with swapping. Died a lot. Kept fooling around. Swapt in all directions. Died some more. Swapt around more furiously while dying and then bam! Wait a second.. did I just swap in air almost instantaneous as creating a clone? Did I just went vertically higher than I thought was possible? Let's try that again. Oh, oh! Time slows to a crawl, it freezes when I keep holding! This is it! Mindblown.

It's so great to have such moments. Incredibly satisfying to clear a room when fumbling around for minutes and then slowly grasping each step needed to be done, when and where to place clones, when to strategically kill them, heck, even jumping has to be done planned.
It got more complicated and intricate as I'd progressed but man, the satisfaction is nice. So far I managed to clear every room and collect every orb. Read every log and stone. I'm liking it a lot.

Claymation-like looking world, beautiful soundtrack, atmospheric sounds, teasing logs, cryptic philosophical messages and effective minimalism. Swapper, you're already a masterpiece.

This early
slow-mo
room was pretty great once I figured what to do. (WebM)

Funny side-effect from the several hours of cautious and deliberate gaming, was when I closed the game and started typing and browsing, I noticed myself stop typing and panning & clicking the mouse, because they were not cautiously thought-through actions dangit! Short but intensive conditioning, haha.
You've never gone back to a game you weren't in love with only to end up enjoying it? Frost, come on. :c
Nah, frost is just being a grumpy old man because you compared his darling TR13 to the trash that Rocket League is. His opinion btw ;)
Hm, trying to have a positive outlook on life as much as possible... a bit hard with this but let's try.

Animation is really great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
To be fair they could change it since that well has unfortunately ran dry.

I need to eat these days and not pay rounds so to say. Oh well, marks an era I guess.

Also, official Fireaxis steam controller profile
to make up for no controller support

LfzaJppl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom