• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

carI1f3.jpg

i'll just make my own thread

Hey zkylon I have a phobia of mobas can you stop posting them pls

Invisible Spiders mod for Dragon's Dogma

This mod basically makes spiders invisible and silent. They are still there, still can be killed and still drop loot, they just cannot be seen or heard and as I tested this, they didn't even attack.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. Therefore, to achieve this, I had to sacrifice the textures of the ANCIENT CIRCLET for males, so that item is invisible as well. There may be an other way to achieve this, until then, this mod will be available for download.
No more excuse, buy the game nowww.. ಠ_ಠ

Hektor

Hello, just posting so i can say that i have posted in all steamthreads of the steamthread madness trinity. Thank you for your attention.

zkylon

zkylewd
haha i got an achievement in grim for finishing the whole game using tank controls

i mean, what else are you gonna use, some awful camera-oriented controls? that's some kind of nightmare on a fixed camera game, plss

and man is grim as awesome a game as ever, you may lose track of how many silly contrived puzzles it has but you'll be pressed to find many games with more style and heart. i'm not really surprised it holds up well, the writing and art/sound direction are timeless, i love it

the remaster itself is pretty alright, it has some cool additions like a basic point and click interface that's pretty good (even if it flat out doesn't work at parts) and should be an improvement for most people. i still prefer original tank controls but i'm weird i guess

the extras are pretty nice, the concept art gallery is fantastic, peter chan's art is really something else, and the dev commentary isn't quite valve level but it's pretty good. it's mostly anecdotal but it gets into some interesting technical stuff and it's got a lot of fun stories and it's well worth the playthrough just for that. there isn't much in the way of a visual upgrade, mostly newer textures and higher res rendering, idk about the music, i can't ever really tell.

i heard ppl said it was buggy or something but it didn't feel specially buggy to me. i had a few sections where the game kind of bugged out and i had to reload but mostly it worked fine and it was really painless, specially with the point and click controls.

but yeah, grim remastered is great, i recommend it for ppl that have and have not played the game, there's a lot in there for both

Hey zkylon I have a phobia of mobas can you stop posting them pls
i will not be judged by my beliefs!

Invisible Spiders mod for Dragon's Dogma

No more excuse, buy the game nowww.. ಠ_ಠ
that's pretty cool, thanks for the heads up

really wish ppl making no-spiders mods didn't use a giant image of a spider as a thumbnail for their mods but i still very much appreciate the effort

i'm still not sure that dragon's dogma is the game for me tho, some things about it sound awesome but then ppl throw in skyrim comparison and that makes me squeamish

that's pretty cool, thanks for the heads up

really wish ppl making no-spiders mods didn't use a giant image of a spider as a thumbnail for their mods but i still very much appreciate the effort

i'm still not sure that dragon's dogma is the game for me tho, some things about it sound awesome but then ppl throw in skyrim comparison and that makes me squeamish

Skyrim is nowhere near Dragon's Dogma in comparison. Different systems & mechanics, different combat, different feel, etc.

If anything, open world is the only thing that both games share.

Edit: Silly me, they both have dragons, yes.

I feel like I'm falling behind, still haven't gotten Jurassic World, Avengers, or Lego Worlds yet, and now there's another one coming out.

oipic

The thread connected to ModBot is the real thread

Some would argue that the thread to which Lashbot is connected is the one true thread...

... which just clouds the issue due to his ability to so deftly cross-post in both.

It's a genuine dilemma, this.

zkylon

zkylewd
Skyrim is nowhere near Dragon's Dogma in comparison. Different systems & mechanics, different combat, different feel, etc.

If anything, open world is the only thing that both games share.

Edit: Silly me, they both have dragons, yes.
i guess

i'll buy it eventually, but def not at this price, having bought the witness and xcom already and having my creditcard maxed out, that'd be unwise.

no spiders mod is nice tho. when i get it i'll probably play it for a bit with spiders and see how i react and have this as a back up

New Vegas review

Somewhere between convincing a young boy to hand over the trigger for an orbital death laser, and running into a trio of elderly women howling for my blood after I reprogrammed a sexbot to work for the local bar, I found myself thinking, "This might be one of the best RPGs I've ever played."

More than any other game in recent memory, Fallout: New Vegas is an RPG that encourages - and rewards - you for exploring strange or out-there possibilities. Whether you want to be the savior of the Mojave Wasteland or the Devil Incarnate when it comes to the way you deal with the world and its residents, this game actively relishes in allowing you to mold the experience in any way, shape or form you choose.

As a courier who is double-crossed and shot in the head, the game immediately sets itself apart from previous Fallout titles (which all had you start in a Vault and bring you slowly into the outside world) by having you wake up in a small town and immediately get caught up in a (sometimes-overwhelming) amount of oddball characters, sidequests and machinations from various factions within the Mojave. When you set out, you'll quickly find yourself making enemies, running across all sorts of strange locations and getting lost in a mountain of sidequests that will quickly have you glued to your computer saying "just one more mission".

The most interesting aspect of the game is the care that's taken to giving the player unique, memorable experiences. Whether it's strolling into a new town as the sound of Marty Robbins' "Big Iron" plays on your Pip-Boy radio, the oddball encounters given by the Wild Wasteland perk, the unmarked quests peppered throughout the wasteland or the fact that you can literally run around killing everything and everything (up to and including the heads of major factions), the game has an unbeatable sense of world-building and freedom. You can quite literally massacre everyone and still achieve an ending that's on par (or arguably better) than one of the faction endings.

Much care has also been given to the wide assortment of companions you can recruit throughout the game, which all have weird quirks but provide incredible benefits during combat. They all have their own quirks and unique conversations, strong companion quests, insight into the various factions and amusing chatter during combat and encounters. Likewise, it shows how much care Obsidian Entertainment put into the game when you see some of the minor NPCs, who have surprisingly-intricate conversations and mini-questlines.

New Vegas also has some of the most interesting and, I would argue, iconic encounters and quest designs in the entire series. Whether it's the surreal "social experiment" in Vault 22 (and arguably, the rest of the Vaults in the Mojave), menial tasks like the picture-taking sidequest at the south end of the Vegas Strip, or just being able to sell your companion to a group of high-society cannibals for no other reason than "for the evulz", the game does an incredible job of keeping things fresh and varied throughout a playthrough.

The most interesting thing is that you can play the game a number of different ways and get a different experience every time. The first time I beat the game, I was doing a completionist "goody-two-shoes" run where I saved everyone I could and was incredibly thorough. When I went back for a second run, I played as a female melee expert who ran around stealth-killing everyone with sneak attacks, but couldn't shoot guns to save her life. The flexibility and care given to making both character builds have unique advantages is the main part of why New Vegas continues to have such replay value.

Of course, there's also the modding community, which has given the game unparalleled longevity, both through restored content (like the New Vegas Uncut series on Nexusmods) or major gameplay overhauls like Project Nevada. Even if it wasn't on sale, the game is still incredible value thanks to the amount of content both in the game and contributed by the community.

I highly recommend New Vegas for anyone getting into the genre. It's one of my favorite Western RPGs, and an experience that keeps rewarding me time and time again.

Has there been any official response with regards to the ToS release? I tried to look in Steam the forum, but it was just the usual sewer drowning out everything useful.

I'd like to get my hands on it, but definitely not in its current state ..

Arthea

whatta morning

so, Mr Orange posted a new steam thread even if the was a thread already? *laughs*

good work morningbus, I like this OP much more than previous one, you are improving.

For the first time in a while, I'm excited about new games appearing on Steam (yes, even Symphonia despite the shit port,) and I finally have funds to get them if I want...just that backlog paralyzes me.

Part of me wants that Fairy Fencer F on discount, but then I realize I never even played Nep-Nep 2 and didn't even get the true ending for 1.

I'll get Disgaea sooner or later, I'm sure. Even though I've played it I'll gladly double-dip.

XCOM 2? ....80 bucks? Okay, maybe part of me is still frugal.

Trails 2? I did finish Trails 1 but not perfectly. Not sure if it's worth it to try for all the quest points (whatever they're called) before importing to SC. Why oh why did you have so many damn missables, Trails? :(
Fairy Fencer is fun but it's no Trails.

If you finished Trails FC, just move to SC. You don't need to perfect your run in order to play it, if you did some sidequests people of Liberl will recognize you, go for it. Also SC is great!

edited: threads will have to be merged
and I think we will see modbot going schizophrenic soon, being linked to two threads and all that. You are playing with fire, people.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
twice the work load for poor lashman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom