• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hero Prinny, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Disgaea PC -- MB-B95B509E30C8B27E - Taken by Endruen. 118 entrants total.

t1454457816z1.png

Arthea

That's a good point. I do want to give Trails a shot, especially with the Steam Controller.

It's very mouse friendly game, I don't have the steam controller so I'm not sure how good it works instead of mouse, just thought I'll mention it.
I also hope you like to read in games a lot and trust me, it is worth reading (dialogue I mean).

Monooboe

Wow just spent two hours running around the Witness not actually solving anything. Feels like I've missed where I'm supposed to go.

Also, there are some series of puzzles that don't seem to lead anywhere,
The one by the water there one has to align stones in the water into the puzzle, when solving the last one in that series nothing really happen.o_O

I killed another Dragon in Dragon's Dogma. Like the first one, he was outside the Shadowgate Fort.
The fight went so much smoother than the first time, with the pawns only fainting 3 or 4 times. Best part was that a couple pieces of gear I was wearing got Dragonforged. I had no idea Dragonforging gear worked like that. I'm actually not sure how Dragonforging works (is it random? Do I have to get fire-breathed? Do I just have to kill the Dragon?), I'll have to read up on it.

Damnit. That dragon ruined my happiness when I first came across it early in the game. Figured I'd go back later and fight it when I had a higher level and better gear. And then I forgot about it and now I've uninstalled the game :|

Made a thread for Cobalt
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178337
Got my hands on Mojang's Cobalt and holy shit, it is awesome

The high-level videos of this are going to be amazing

I've been playing the challenge maps present in the current alpha, and Cobalt has really impressed me with its very satisfying gameplay and tactical depth. Your loadout is extremely customizable, including an large selection of guns, melee weapons, throwables, skills, upgrades, and equipment. To name some of the gear in the game: a cloaking stealth suit, time-slowing grenades, rocket boots, a scoped rail gun, a riot shield, a passive reflecting shield, hack grenades that let you control enemies, flash-bangs, silencers, and much more.

Take the plan-and-pounce pacing and hectic eruption of chaos seen in games like Hotline Miami or The Swindle and the acrobatic gunplay of a John Woo film, and that would be Cobalt's gameplay in a nutshell. A typical action beat sees you sliding down an embankment, punching a rocket back at a turret, turning mid-slide to shoot a sniper behind you, rolling to deflect bullets, and shooting while rolling to take out enemies above you. Or, given the extensive armory, maybe you'll distract enemies with a decoy, blind them with a flash-bang, then hack a powerful Predator foe to wipe out the stunned robots.

Enemies are quite varied as well, ranging from organic beasts and spear-wielding natives to robotic combat squads. Some might carry shields, forcing you to attack from behind or above, or wield devastating sniper rifles, among other challenging permutations. The deep moveset, extensive array of weapons and gear, and diverse foes gives the gameplay, especially the challenge maps, that one-more-go appeal where you want clear areas in the smoothest slickest way possible

RPS really liked it, even made a Deus Ex comparison
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/01/cobalt-review/
It feels like I can keep talking about new features all day. When infiltrating an enemy compound you can go in all guns blazing, use stealth – which admittedly can be a touch fiddly – or a mixture of the two. There are terminals to be hacked, locks to be picked, hostages to be rescued, resourced to be mined, safes to be cracked, and more. For brief moments, it can feel like a 2D Deus Ex. It is rich with ideas.

Cobalt thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178337
RPS really liked it, even made a Deus Ex comparison
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/01/cobalt-review/
It feels like I can keep talking about new features all day. When infiltrating an enemy compound you can go in all guns blazing, use stealth – which admittedly can be a touch fiddly – or a mixture of the two. There are terminals to be hacked, locks to be picked, hostages to be rescued, resourced to be mined, safes to be cracked, and more. For brief moments, it can feel like a 2D Deus Ex. It is rich with ideas.

TheTrain

Second half of the year. Q3 would be my guess. It's why I bit the bullet on a 980 Ti despite initially deciding against doing so. 4GB VRAM isn't quite cutting it in the occasional new release and the gap between the regular 980 and 980 Ti can be quite pronounced (e.g. ~40% in RotTR)
I'm on the same boat, waiting or not waiting
Hnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

First game of the month is xcom 2 for me, I need to rest after 3 weeks away from home cuz work

Cool, wishlisted. How much of a single player campaign does it come with?
Very extensive. A full-fledged campaign, challenge maps, survival. And it's so fun playing solo, like good enough to get solely for single player.

Game's been in development since 2010

Ucchedavāda;194018429 said:
It sounds neat from the description, but I tried watching the trailer, and basically could not tell what was going on at any point. I guess I'll have to try watching the first part of a lets play, once it's out, and see if I can get it then.
Check out the shorter videos linked there. Offense, time dilation, etc. Give some nice overviews of the mechanics

Ozium

can't believe people are actually posting in that fake ass milquetoast thread..

anyone who is posting there is suspect imo

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I need to buy a fightpad this month, that and sfv took up my whole game budget for this month sorry.

This is the real thread. First come first serve. Praise the bus

Which game do you guys think will have better first week sales

Disgaea or Danganronpa?

Both are highly anticipated, genres very fit for the platform, priced comparably. Strategy games seem more popular on avarage than VNs on PC and there haven't been many J-SRPGS, but Danganronpa has a lot of word of mouth that Disgaea doesn't have (at least that's how it seems to me).

Opinions?

Releasing Street Fighter now then releasing a story mode in summer. I don't know if this is good decision seeing how much paid DLCS the game will have. Also MGSV will get Quiet MGO DLC, I bet it's paid one.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Homefront: The Revolution will have microtransactions, but free DLC

Homefront: The Revolution is the latest title to include in-game microtransactions, though the developers promise post-launch DLC to be free.

The upcoming Homefront: The Revolution will not feature a season pass. Instead, the game will rely on microtransactions, and will offer “at least a year” of free content post launch.

Game designer Fasahat Salim explained to Gamespot in an interview that microtransactions will be in the form of loot crates, but won’t offer anything regular players can’t obtain.

“It’s absolutely not a pay-to-win system because everything we’re providing in these resistance crates is available for free in the game through normal play,” he told the site.

“All we’re offering is, for those players that don’t necessarily have the time to invest in the game, to unlock those cool things. It’s basically just a time saver for them; a shortcut to unlocking these things. They pay a little bit of money but they’re not getting anything that’s exclusive to them.”

The game’s post-launch DLC will provide new missions. “We’re not doing any sort of packs. We’re not making map packs or anything like that,” he added. “As we’re done with a mission, we’re going to release it, the community can go ahead and play it, and we’re going to keep doing that for at least a year after release.”

Homefront: The Revolution is due for a beta starting February 11. The full game is out May 17 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Homefront: The Revolution will have microtransactions, but free DLC

Homefront: The Revolution is the latest title to include in-game microtransactions, though the developers promise post-launch DLC to be free.

The upcoming Homefront: The Revolution will not feature a season pass. Instead, the game will rely on microtransactions, and will offer “at least a year” of free content post launch.

Game designer Fasahat Salim explained to Gamespot in an interview that microtransactions will be in the form of loot crates, but won’t offer anything regular players can’t obtain.

“It’s absolutely not a pay-to-win system because everything we’re providing in these resistance crates is available for free in the game through normal play,” he told the site.

“All we’re offering is, for those players that don’t necessarily have the time to invest in the game, to unlock those cool things. It’s basically just a time saver for them; a shortcut to unlocking these things. They pay a little bit of money but they’re not getting anything that’s exclusive to them.”

The game’s post-launch DLC will provide new missions. “We’re not doing any sort of packs. We’re not making map packs or anything like that,” he added. “As we’re done with a mission, we’re going to release it, the community can go ahead and play it, and we’re going to keep doing that for at least a year after release.”

Homefront: The Revolution is due for a beta starting February 11. The full game is out May 17 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Arthea

This is the real thread. First come first serve. Praise the bus

Which game do you guys think will have better first week sales

Disgaea or Danganronpa?

Both are highly anticipated, genres very fit for the platform, priced comparably. Strategy games seem more popular on avarage than VNs on PC and there haven't been many J-SRPGS, but Danganronpa has a lot of word of mouth that Disgaea doesn't have (at least that's how it seems to me).

Opinions?

seeing as steam folks aren't much into other VNs but Sakura ones, I'll have to go with Disgaea, also TRPG genre is less represented on steam as of now.

edited: I wish to be wrong, tho and both of them selling good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom