• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Confession time, I guess i'm kinda guilty of modbot abuse, got a lot of great games from you guys. Especially when it first launched, when I saw a game I was intrested in, I took a shot at it without really thinking about it. But Primordia, Dear Esther, Oil Rush and Little Inferno...
I haven't played them yet. I don't know if I received them through Modbot, but I did get them from great Gaf'ers. I do intend to play them, though! :p

yoshizzle

We're less than one hour away for the 2nd announcement!

Electronic Super Joy looks pretty interesting. Seems like I'd enjoy it considering I really liked Super Meat Boy & Super Hexagon.

Any Electronic Super Joy impressions? Big platform fan here but I'm just not seeing the hook!
It's just okay, it does nothing the others don't and the others are typically better.

Plus it only had forty levels.

Buy only if you need yet another "indie hard platformer."

Turfster

I'm new to this bundle buying stuff because I was previously unable due to my lack of credit card and motivation to go get one. But now I have a girlfriend who has one and loves me enough to let me use it. How trustworthy are all these bundle site thingies? I've previously used humble bundle and have no complaints besides the fact that it took 3 months for the charges to show up.
If they've done more than a few bundles already, they're pretty trustworthy.
Humble, Groupees, Gala, Royale, Bundlestars are the big ones.
Bundle-in-a-box and Indiegamestand are okay too.

Treat yo self.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-976A6EF8CBEE0DC0 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-BD32C751D783CA4D - Taken by Jmanunknown

^^^^^
don't remind me what can't happen... I'll only get depressed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they should make the console purple... I like Purple

BorntoPlay

You have to much time left to search my messages right?.... Is too easy to misjudge and i'm tired of excuse me anymore so there... you win...;)

Sorry to everyone if i do something wrong...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise #2 -- MB-CFF6060CDAF46E5A - Taken by Sarcasm
Dead Space 3 Origin Key -- MB-830EFA43C38B41E5 - Taken by MajorMelchett
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-EFCC0A70E2CC1682
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key -- MB-D1EB2517FC3EACBA - Taken by blackMamba1187
Dead Space Steam Key -- MB-84942F54EA5D0412 - Taken by Lord British
Medal of Honor Steam Key -- MB-F7D48171D153BF8B - Taken by gabbo
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key -- MB-E4B0AD00DF1EFB0D
Burnout Paradise -- MB-6CB0498632E29C6C - Taken by Firehead
Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-26E73DB0853561BE
Mirror's Edge Steam Key -- MB-21F0D936CCA60453 - Taken by More_Badass

Turfster

Indiegala has added a truckload of new bundles and deals.

• Painkiller bundle
  • Crazy Machines bundle
  • Fireburst bundle
  • Helldorado bundle
  • King's War bundle
  • Real Warfare bundle
  • Tropico bundle
  • Star Wolves bundle
  • Flat Rats bundle
  • Disciples bundle
  • more deals

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You have to much time left to search my messages right?.... Is too easy to misjudge and i'm tired of excuse me anymore so there... you win...;)

That's a lot of Origin keys to give to friends. Also nice that you kept them all instead of giving it to them right away - delayed pleasure right?

nexen

Confession time, I guess i'm kinda guilty of modbot abuse, got a lot of great games from you guys. Especially when it first launched, when I saw a game I was intrested in, I took a shot at it without really thinking about it. But Primordia, Dear Esther, Oil Rush and Little Inferno...
I haven't played them yet. I don't know if I received them through Modbot, but I did get them from great Gaf'ers. I do intend to play them, though! :p

Oh go play Primordia. Surprisingly good little game and it is quick.

the announcement will just be hd remakes of no one lives forever and timesplitters

I'm ok with this.

Let's get something straight about Modbot abuse: there are levels of abuse and, even if you commit the lowest level and have a million great reasons, you are still abusing a system that has been designed to be as fair and open as possible.

I've entered maybe 5 giveaways total and have won probably 2 games (and one of them was a game erroneously labeled as Bad Rats, which was actually a game I already had, which I gave away again on GAF). I'm in the Steam thread pretty constantly and could snipe a ton more keys if I wanted to, but I already have plenty of games I'm putting off playing and I have the money to buy the bundles I'm really interested in, so I don't.

It certainly rubs me the wrong way to see someone constantly sniping away games from people without any thought of playing them. You are taking away that opportunity from someone else in the community and you can have as many great excuses for this behavior as you want, but it doesn't excuse a constant pattern of abuse.

Well said sir.

I am currently on a self imposed embargo of adding to my games library until I have trimmed the number of unplayed games somewhat. It's been tough not putting in for games recently that are being given away via ModBot that are on my wishlist and that I am keen to play but I have been resolute! Besides, someone else might like to play that game now so I can't in all conscience stop them from doing so if I'm not sure when I would get to it. It's not like I'm going to be lacking for game playing options for awhile so I think I'll survive :).

I must admit too that it irks me when I see posters saying they are giving a ModBot win away to a friend/family member. That's not what ModBot was intended to be for. Hopefully Stump will see the last couple of pages of conversation about this issue and comment.

Tenrius

Indiegala has added a truckload of new bundles and deals.

• Painkiller bundle
  • Crazy Machines bundle
  • Fireburst bundle
  • Helldorado bundle
  • King's War bundle
  • Real Warfare bundle
  • Tropico bundle
  • Star Wolves bundle
  • Flat Rats bundle
  • Disciples bundle
  • more deals

Flat Rats bundle is, uh, interesting:

PAY WHAT YOU WANT minimum $0.99 AND GET:

- Bad Rats: the Rat's Revenge on Steam

- FlatOut on Steam

BEAT $4.99 AND GET ALSO:

- Space Empires IV Deluxe on Steam

- Puzzle Kingdoms on Steam

- Razor2 Hidden Skies on Steam

NVIDIA + Valve

Engineers from Valve and NVIDIA have spent a lot of time collaborating on a common goal for SteamOS: to deliver an open-platform gaming experience with superior performance and uncompromising visuals directly on the big screen.

NVIDIA engineers embedded at Valve collaborated on improving driver performance for OpenGL; optimizing performance on NVIDIA GPUs; and helping to port Valve’s award-winning content library to SteamOS; and tuning SteamOS to lower latency, or lag, between the controller and onscreen action.

The collaboration makes sense as both companies strongly believe in the importance of open-platform innovation, and both companies are committed to providing gamers with a cutting-edge visual experience.

Valve will deliver a great, open-platform gaming experience, and NVIDIA will continue to be the best choice for gaming on any open platform or operating system, including SteamOS.

Derrick01

Banned
Looks like we already got the big news of the day- South Park's coming in 2013 after all! December 10th.

Although good old ubisoft is delaying the PC version again for no good reason, so maybe it won't hit 2013 after all. Here's hoping it's only a week or two at most.

Flat Rats bundle is intriguing indeed, one good game and another to.. give to a good home.

Btw if here's my steam profile link if someone wants to invite me to the gaf group or something.

And before you send it - yes I have Bad Rats already, yup, a friend that reads gaf bought it for me, of course I bought it to him the next second. I think Bad Rats will be the most owned Steam game in year 2025

Well thanks, that was fast lol

Lunaniem

Looks like we already got the big news of the day- South Park's coming in 2013 after all! December 10th.

Although good old ubisoft is delaying the PC version again for no good reason, so maybe it won't hit 2013 after all. Here's hoping it's only a week or two at most.

Knowing Ubisoft, it will probably be like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom