• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was easy.

VNSXPkT.png

nexen

Based on this, I'm going to conclude that Valve is abandoning Windows and going Steam Machine exclusive and that all my existing games will be stolen from me. THIS IS THE WORST ANYTHING EVER

It's pretty clear to me that Valve is abandoning Linux's openness and that you won't be able to download the source code.

Ow, quit poking me, man!

Based on this, I'm going to conclude that Valve is abandoning Windows and going Steam Machine exclusive and that all my existing games will be stolen from me. THIS IS THE WORST ANYTHING EVER

It's pretty clear to me that Valve is abandoning Linux's openness and that you won't be able to download the source code.

wrong thread.

first page into the OT thread and I already want to club a seal.

The_Monk

This might be one thing I've been waiting for a long time fellow GAFfers but I'm afraid of the regions will be available for. Should I be worried?

Also, new Badge Unlocked!

Mairu

Can't get the controller task of the badge done through RDP. Hopefully the timing of completion doesn't effect eligibility

Saige

I must do better.
I wanted more specific info about hardware, but everything seems to be as expected.

Can’t wait for news on the controller.

JustinBB7

I have my computer hooked up to my TV and use my keyboard/mouse so I don't have a controller except for a really old one that doesn't work on windows 7..

Any way to fake a controller input for now so I can get the badge?

Edit: tried the old controller again and my computer suddenly acknowledges it for some reason. Not all buttons work in BPM I think. But got the badge anyway woot

oipic

300 is a select field indeed - how do ensure one of SteamGAF's finest is among them? We need to pool resources here and get one of us aboard somehow!

frogg609

It's interesting that I have played Saints Row III with a controller on Big Picture mode, and it had not been registered. Will need to try again tonight after work.

Grief.exe

So in the first few pages of the Steam Machine thread I've already answered several questions just by linking to the FAQ that is right on the Steam Machine page...

This is what GAF has become and this is why we stay out of these threads.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
300 is a select field indeed - how do ensure one of SteamGAF's finest is among them? We need to pool resources here and get one of us aboard somehow!

I was worried that international residency would be grounds for disqualification, but seemingly not. I've maxed out the badge so now it's just a matter of playing the waiting game.

Copons

So in the first few pages of the Steam Machine thread I've already answered several questions just by linking to the FAQ that is right on the Steam Machine page...

I didn't even know there were threads other than this one and Dexter Rofl Thread and Breaking Bad Awesomeness Thread.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was worried that international residency would be grounds for disqualification, but seemingly not. I've maxed out the badge so now it's just a matter of playing the waiting game.

Valve constantly makes fun of Australia because of Robin Walker so I'd say your chances aren't looking good.

But it doesn't give you any benefit for using your own hardware+OS.

Steam did not auto detect that I almost exclusively play in Big Picture Mode with a controller for my badge.

Oh well, home is only a few hours away.

Dynoro

This may be a stupid question (or one that no-one knows the answer to as yet) but will Dark Souls be patched for GFWL's closure next year?

I've seen a lot on Batman AA/AC but little on the others that run GFWL. I already have a fair few GFWL games (Dawn of War 2, Dirt 2 , GTA4) but don't want to buy Dark Souls on the midweek deal if it's going to be useless in 9 months time like the others.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have Dead Space 1 and 2 on Steam, and Dead Space 3 on Origin. I know it's silly, but it bothers me not having the complete trilogy listed under either of these.

If Steam gives you the CD-keys, copy those to clipboard, and then go to Origin and "redeem CD key" it allowed me to make them Origin while keeping them on Steam as well.

Hopefully EA doesn't "fix" that or anything but it's nice to be given both for buying one on Steam.

Grief.exe

Family Sharing Beta Access
Welcome to the New Steam Library Sharing Group!

Our beta will begin in about a week, when we'll invite our first 1,000 users from this group to try the new Family Sharing features. More invites will go out to group members on a regular basis, until we end the beta period and set sharing live for everyone.

Copons

This may be a stupid question (or one that no-one knows the answer to as yet) but will Dark Souls be patched for GFWL's closure next year?

I've seen a lot on Batman AA/AC but little on the others that run GFWL. I already have a fair few GFWL games (Dawn of War 2, Dirt 2 , GTA4) but don't want to buy Dark Souls on the midweek deal if it's going to be useless in 9 months time like the others.

Long story short: no one knows.
There was some movement on DS SteamDB entry, but that's it.

The_Monk

check previous page.

It's probably the latter. I'm too scared to go into the SteamMachines threads to check.

Ah, he's just acting like some GAFfers, I see. :p

You know, I love having a proper, mature discussion no matter what Thread I'm in, however a bad/troll post can be much more quoted instead of a polite and logical post. Which is a shame since I always aim for Quality instead of Quantity. With that being said I really dislike consoles wars and anything related. It's simply does not add anything to this forum in my opinion. Also, there's bad threads and there's bad posters if you ask me and then, there's things like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683505

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Productive morning:

• Signed up for the Steambox beta
  • Fixed Enhanced Steam's badge view to work with the new badge
  • Sent another email/copy of my resume to Valve requesting employment
Sadly I didn't make it in the first round of the sharing beta, I was like 1,042 in the group.

The Cowboy

I swear if I got selected I wouldn't be able to beta test the machine, I'd die of shock. I know its just a PC with SteamOS on it, but hot dam it would be nice.

Milamber

Productive morning:

Sadly I didn't make it in the first round of the sharing beta, I was like 1,042 in the group.

I have a feeling you are part of the inner circle that was pre-selected.

Productive morning:

If the Steam OS source code is released, wouldn't you possibly be able to code your enhancements directly into the software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom