• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
62fx62f

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-FA2FBA0E937DD3FD

t1380148151z1.png

JShackles, can I get a way to show everyone who has wishlisted a game except for SteveWinwood?

Dude wishlists everything.

I use it as a 'yo remember this game exists' list.

I always feel bad though because I bet some people are like man he's a greedy asshole wanting all those games.

Copons

Looking at this fight made me realize I'm extremely inconsistent when it comes to this stuff. I switch between both styles all the time, and I'm very disorganized with comments and variable names.

If source code had a music analogy, mine would be "Revolution 9" (or Floyd's Ummagumma sans "The narrow way").

I'm always super consistent with style and naming conventions (even cross-language, between PHP, JS and CSS), but those friggin comments...
My excuse is that I never worked in a team, but always in super small place where I was like intern, junior and lead dev at the same time. So honestly, when I use the same code base I've written myself for years, I'm actually able to remember everything.

Funny thing is, my memory is fucked up for everything else, but don't know why, when it comes to my code it's perfect.
I can actually tell people on the phone, without a computer at hand, exactly where to find that single variable in applications of hundreds of files and countless lines.

Turfster

I can actually tell people on the phone, without a computer at hand, exactly where to find that single variable in applications of hundreds of files and countless lines.

Jelly. Every time I open one of my older projects to bugfix something, I have a "Which asshole coded this and what the hell does this even do moment", before I remember the asshole is me and I have to retrace my logic.

Jelly. Every time I open one of my older projects to bugfix something, I have a "Which asshole coded this and what the hell does this even do moment", before I remember the asshole is me and I have to retrace my logic.

That's me every time, except it's usually more like "Oh god what the hell was I thinking?" or "Was I drunk when I wrote this? Probably."

Happy birthday to me!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Clones -- MB-0472AA28E8C69A82 - Taken by Kifimbo
Ittle Dew -- MB-EB1DEE2EC3AC94A4 - Taken by Cheddahz

Kifimbo

Thanks C00kie M0nster.

I'm also giving something.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Aquaria -- MB-ED9A014982007C5C - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.

t1380149501z1.png

If people were not aware (like me) Naval Warfare steam keys are now up on the groupees steampunk bundle.

Meanwhile thanks to Electronic Super Joy I can now confirm once and for all that I don't suffer from video game induced seizures. God damn it is going hard for that... but I'm quite enjoying it too.

BruteUA

This is courtesy of valouris, not me. I ended up buying the bundle before I redeemed the key I won.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-E035B63B26E2535E - Taken by Ingueferroque. 3 entrants total.

t1380149546z1.png

The_Monk

If people were not aware (like me) Naval Warfare steam keys are now up on the groupees steampunk bundle.

Meanwhile thanks to Electronic Super Joy I can now confirm once and for all that I don't suffer from video game induced seizures. God damn it is going hard for that... but I'm quite enjoying it too.

That's great to know! Have you ever suspect you could have it fellow GAFfer? I mean, did you felt any issues while playing some games?

Wok

That's great to know! Have you ever suspect you could have it fellow GAFfer? I mean, did you felt any issues while playing some games?

When I get nauseated, it is because of the FOV. I am not sure you can feel the seizure coming before it happens. Personally, I avoid any game with unneeded explosions and flashes, it is just not worth pushing my limits.

Nah, more just a comment on ESJ as a game and the constant full screen flashing strobe lights. If that doesn't do it, I think I'm pretty safe.

The_Monk

When I get nauseated, it is because of the FOV. I am not sure you can feel the seizure coming before it happens. Personally, I avoid any game with unneeded explosions and flashes, it is just not worth pushing my limits.

Nah, more just a comment on ESJ as a game and the constant full screen flashing strobe lights. If that doesn't do it, I think I'm pretty safe.

Oh I see. Well I guess I don't have anything similar but, I played Half-Life 2 in 10 minutes bursts because I got a lot dizzy. And I've played many FPS's for hours, even in Multiplayer and fast paced ones (COD) on a bigger screen and never had any problems but with Half-Life 2 I struggled so hard. I have no idea why.

I also can't play too much time Beat Hazard Ultra and I only played a bit of Hotline Miami because the game got me the same feelings as when I played Half-Life 2, which is a shame since the game is great.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You must first swear an oath of loyalty, and renounce Origin, GFWL, Uplay, etc. You must own Bad Rats and have at least six hours of playtime. Finally, you must give us the link to your Steam profile.

TheSeks <Origin Backstab> BruteUA

4->Gabe disguise

MEDIC! MEDIC! MEDIC!

Storm360

Oh I see. Well I guess I don't have anything similar but, I played Half-Life 2 in 10 minutes bursts because I got a lot dizzy. And I've played many FPS's for hours, even in Multiplayer and fast paced ones (COD) on a bigger screen and never had any problems but with Half-Life 2 I struggled so hard. I have no idea why.

I also can't play too much time Beat Hazard Ultra and I only played a bit of Hotline Miami because the game got me the same feelings as when I played Half-Life 2, which is a shame since the game is great.

Did you try adjust the FoV in Half Life? I had similar issues

I wish Steam would take the soundtrack functionality a step further and actually implement a proper store page for soundtracks. It has it for software now, and it would be pretty damn neat having Steam as a reliable base for PC (or even all-format) soundtracks.

It makes a lot of sense seen as SteamOS is trying to paint the picture of a media hub. Soundtrack sales especially would be so tempting.

I like this idea very much. Trouble is, aren't Valve supposedly moving away from distributing soundtracks? I vaguely recall a couple of developers (possibly including the guys involved with La-Mulana?) mentioning on here that Valve refused to let them put their soundtracks up on the store. And that's a real shame.

kidko

Sounds like 30 are bookmarked for people who have had past beta testing experience with Valve.

So a slightly slimmer chance.

GEE THANKS FOR CRUSHING MY DREAMS. I kid. I'm not really hoping for getting in so much as registering my support with Valve on a job well done doing The Right Thing for Steam fans everywhere.

MrNelson

Banned
I never tried that fellow GAFfer, I wonder if it would really make a difference. I actually find it curious to be the only FPS that I have found such problem.
It really does. The first time I played it I had to lay down after 20 minutes. I didn't touch it for awhile after, then someone suggested I up the fov. I put it around 85 and finished the game without any problems.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon... what are you doing? You can stop sending me coupons for NBA 2k14. I think I'm at 7 now.
I got 4 today. And still no keys from the Flying Bundle (already contacted customer support, and they asked for the Paypal transaction ID).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I got 4 today. And still no keys from the Flying Bundle (already contacted customer support, and they asked for the Paypal transaction ID).

You don't get keys on your email, they're assigned to your profile on the site.

Well, I did get a LINK to the page, but I made the profile first, so I don't know if those are related or not.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Well, I did get a LINK to the page, but I made the profile first, so I don't know if those are related or not.
I checked my profile on the site countless times, and it's as empty as it was before buying the bundle :/

You don't need a profile, just a link to the redeem page which should be emailed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom