• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
BYNy9F8.gif

This has probably been posted before somewhere.

I really laughed out loud here.

I finished DLC Quest and enjoyed it, the game is short but I paid R$1.25 ($0.62) and was money well spent. As evebody can already knows the games satirize not only the dlc's but a lot of current tropes in modern game like brownish aesthetics, season pass, p2w, grind fest etc. If someone is interesting in the game but don't know if it's worth the $2.99 just wait for the next sale.

Retne

Well it looks like I need some friends to hit the beta requirements and I've also grown fond of watching my activity feed but it seems really empty with only Dunder putting up purchases and achievements.

So here's my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/plebi001/

Please toss me a friend invite and since I'm posting it up could I also get an invite to the GAF group?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Dammit! It played once for me, now it's just a static image of lambda on gabens head :( Why you no want to loop or play :(
Just like Valve, the gif knows what you want and has the ability to do it. But it probably never will.

oipic

Well, just finished Alpha Protocol. Went the stealth-and-pistols route, played Mr Nice Guy/professional, did the 'right thing' (or tried to)... but still not sure I'm happy with some of the outcomes of my actions. Those key decisions, and the impact of them (immediate and eventual), will stick with me for awhile, I suspect.

Cause and effect is handled very well, but I've never been one for making hurried decisions. Regrets, I've had a few.

Glitchy in parts, and six months+ of development and QA short of a polished gem, but well worth a play-though (or two?) - might revisit and be a nasty mongrel Thorton one day.

Backlog, -1.

zkylon

zkylewd
BYNy9F8.gif

This has probably been posted before somewhere.
lol

Well, just finished Alpha Protocol. Went the stealth-and-pistols route, played Mr Nice Guy/professional, did the 'right thing' (or tried to)... but still not sure I'm happy with some of the outcomes of my actions. Those key decisions, and the impact of them (immediate and eventual), will stick with me for awhile, I suspect.

Cause and effect is handled very well, but I've never been one for making hurried decisions. Regrets, I've had a few.

Glitchy in parts, and six months+ of development and QA short of a polished gem, but well worth a play-though (or two?) - might revisit and be a nasty mongrel Thorton one day.

Backlog, -1.
it's a great game for multiple playthroughs

I've beaten it like 4 times and in each I found new choices and paths and a few very nice surprises I didn't see coming.

an asshole michael thorton playthrough is a lot of fun, you should at least try that :)

Colin.

I heard Frogatto is good, however it's not on Steam. Not sure if it will be at any point.

Edit: Also, if you select the "Charity" option, 20% of your purchase will go towards helping a young boy in Texas who is going through cancer treatments. So do that. I know some of these indie devs need the cash, but it doesn't get much needier than a sick kid.

I ended up going for Duke Nukem 2 and Frogatto. I'm a sucker for platformers, hopefully Ducktales and Castle of Illusion go on sale somewhere soon. I opted for the charity thing too, rough for anyone, let alone a kid.

Vecks

Backlog, -1.

I feel like Alpha Protocol is a game meant to be played at least twice.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Playing the world's worst spy who makes all the wrong choices and constantly fails basic things (like sneaking), yet somehow survives in the end is one of my favourite moments in gaming. I wish we had more games like Alpha Protocol.

Khronico

Remember when Microsoft was going to save PC gaming?

They sure haven't tried very hard =/

Played about an hour of Evochron Mercenary today. Most of it was in tutorials. There's so much STUFF I don't even know where to start. I am both overwhelmed and extremely impressed by the complexity of it all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since people are adding folks to their friends list to bump up their count, I should note that I only accept friend requests if we share at least one friend or uncommon group. One of the requests I was sent over the past ~10 hours filled that criteria, but I accidentally ignored it -- if you were a GAFer, I apologise and promise I'll accept it should you send another request.

Edit: Oh, and of course I'll accept a request if I recognise the name/avatar, but I wouldn't count on that, haha.

You just made JaseC's day.

The Summer Sale was a pain the in the arse. I had to go through 40+ pages of results (sorted by price) each and every time I wanted to pick up a non-featured deal to ensure I wasn't missing anything.

Deques

Since people are adding folks to their friends list to bump up their count, I should note that I only accept friend requests if we share at least one friend or uncommon group. One of the requests I was sent over the past ~10 hours filled that criteria, but I accidentally ignored it -- if you were a GAFer, I apologise and promise I'll accept it should you send another request.

I request to be your friend :)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there a way for us to find out how many friend list spots we can have? I had a limit of 300 before but with the badgers pushing me up to level 21 I might have a comfortable amount of extra room to add more of SteamGAF. Right now I think all I've got is Xelios, Hoffman and Salsa. I might still have Xater and Divius from when I was doing some data smuggling for the summer seal, but i'm not sure.

Deques

Is there a way for us to find out how many friend list spots we can have? I had a limit of 300 before but with the badgers pushing me up to level 21 I might have a comfortable amount of extra room to add more of SteamGAF. Right now I think all I've got is Xelios, Hoffman and Salsa. I might still have Xater and Divius from when I was doing some data smuggling for the summer seal, but i'm not sure.

Here
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YOUR_STEAM_ID/friends/

You see the number of friends you have and the total amount of friends you can have

mrgone

Check your friends page in the client - your username > friends in the submenu, or the friends link on your profile page. Your friends total/friends limit is listed at the upper right beneath your name and the tabs.

edit: Hah, high-five :)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Here
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YOUR_STEAM_ID/friends/

You see the number of friends you have and the total amount of friends you can have

Check your friends page in the client - your username > friends in the submenu, or the friends link on your profile page. Your friends total/friends limit is listed at the upper right beneath your name and the tabs.

edit: Hah, high-five :)

You can use my in place of the unique URL id: http://steamcommunity.com/my/friends If the person is logged into the website, they'll be automatically redirected to their own page.

Most excellent, I haven't had a peek at that page probably since my last major friends purge before the cards hit. 405 slots, way more than I thought I had! I'll figure out a plan of attack on infiltrating friends lists in the morning, then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized how some indie games pay for themselves due to the cards lol

I wonder what's today's Humble Week would be. I hope it's Focus.

JaseC

Damn, not liking those odds. I never even got a Dota 2 invite :|

I was surprisingly lucky with Dota 2, but I only ever spent five minutes with it. I'd actually developed an interest in the game due to what I'd played of Rise of the Immortals (a MOBA that was part of the Winter Sale achievement hunt), but by the time I was accepted into the beta, my enthusiasm had waned for some reason.

Edit: Stainless put up a new post on the Carmageddon Facebook page but didn't respond to my enquiry. :(

JaseC

You lucky boy. I still can't sleep well at night, worried I have to clean my inventory from hundreds of unredeemed invites.

I love that Valve implemented deletion functionality into the inventory system but only applied it to Dota 2 invites. "We're acutely aware that we've been sending out far too many invites, so here's a solution!"

Deques

I love that Valve implemented deletion functionality into the inventory system but only applied it to Dota 2 invites. "We're acutely aware that we've been sending out far too many invites, so here's a solution!"

Before the delete button was implemented there is a bot that takes all the invites. I had to use it twice

Copons

They could have just hired jshackles, having him put a handy "filter out dota2 invites and scam credit card details" button.

JaseC

Before the delete button was implemented there is a bot that takes all the invites. I had to use it twice

I think I just let mine expire. I didn't want to give them away to a bot or delete them just in case somebody asked me for one.

They could have just hired jshackles, having him put a handy "filter out dota2 invites and scam credit card details" button.

What if he's already a Valve employee and is just partaking in an elaborate ruse? :eek:

mrgone

The new Get Games Go - Get Loaded deal is up.

Bethesda games, 2 for $15 from:

Dishonored
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Oblivion Deluxe
Doom 3 BFG
Fallout 3 GOTY
RAGE
Morrowind GOTY
Quake 4
Brink
Quake 3 Arena
Hunted: The Demons Forge

Good if you havn't gotten any two of these already, somehow, I guess! Maybe!

Acccent

So, guys, I was getting wasted yesterday night and missed the reaction to the #2 announcement. It seems kinda underwhelming to me (they're basically saying 'there will be hardware', no shit). What does steamgaf think?

Deques

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

King's Bounty The Legend -- MB-88D48C68284C46B6 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 5 entrants total.
King's Bounty Armored Princess -- MB-ADE298BDFE57EBF4 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-319A55733B259A3A
Men of War -- MB-9485AC3540F588DD - Taken by Spawn. 2 entrants total.

t1380182981z1.png

Giving away few games
Note, this was supposed to be a raffle giveaway. But right after I made the giveaway, I had to do something else. So the first person who claims the game will get the game. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom