• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

You don't need a profile, just a link to the redeem page which should be emailed to you.

It was weird for me. I didn't have an account when I purchased it, but it does create an account for you if you're not logged into one. I got the purchase confirmed email fine, but the email giving me my account details got moved to junk.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on "endless scrolling" of search results in the Steam webstore, which should be ready by the time the next version of Enhanced Steam rolls out.

I guess I'll have to make a video to show you guys, but I think everyone will be pretty impressed.
I'm impressed with it. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it my internet, or the different pages on the Steam website are loading extremely slow, or not at all?

By the way, I played the first stage of Pacman CE DX+. It's not what I expected at all... it's infinitely more awesome.

Kifimbo

Some new games added to the calendar:

09/23/2013 - Underrail - RPG - Dejan Radisic/Dejan Radisic - $9.99
Em05pds.png

09/24/2013 - The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief Chapter III - Adventure - Nordic Games/KING Art - $24.99
09/24/2013 - Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain - Action/Adventure - Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics - $6.99
09/25/2013 - Steel Storm A.M.M.O. - Action - Kot in Action Creative Artel/Zeolite Studios Inc. $9.99
2013 - The Inner World - Adventure - Headup Games/Fizbin Studio - $XX.XX
2014 - La-Mulana 2: The 0th Body 2 The 9th Spirit - Action/Adventure - Nigoro/Nigoro - $XX.XX
TBA - Nosgoth - MMO - Square Enix/Psyonix - F2P

Cheddahz

Banned
It kinda bugs me that Pac-Man unlocked early, since I was going to run up to the bank this morning and depoist some money so I could pre-order it and get the DLC levels for free

Assault Android Cactus seems pretty good so far, at least as far as staged-based arena shooters go.

This is my first Early Access game, it's kind of weird not seeing achievements or all the stages even being there, haha.

I never tried that fellow GAFfer, I wonder if it would really make a difference. I actually find it curious to be the only FPS that I have found such problem.
The default FOV was set to 75 or something, which makes me dizzy as hell. I had a hard time playing it, eventually gave it up at Ravenholm.

BiggNife

So, has anyone experienced Big Picture Mode randomly crashing? To the point where it even takes you out of whatever game you're playing?

Because that happened to me multiple times. I still got the hardware tester badge which was my main reason for trying it, but it still strikes me as really weird. Has this happened to anyone else here?

So, has anyone experienced Big Picture Mode randomly crashing? To the point where it even takes you out of whatever game you're playing?

Because that happened to me multiple times. I still got the hardware tester badge which was my main reason for trying it, but it still strikes me as really weird. Has this happened to anyone else here?
Hardware tester badge...were you in beta?

BiggNife

Hardware tester badge...were you in beta?

Steam Hardware Beta Candidate, I mean.

The last step I had to do was play a game in BPM so I played Mark of the Ninja and it seemed to register towards the badge even though it crashed 15 minutes in. And I'm certain it was BPM and not the game itself, because it also crashed twice before I even got into a game and I've never ever had Mark of the Ninja crash on me.

Baleoce

I like this idea very much. Trouble is, aren't Valve supposedly moving away from distributing soundtracks? I vaguely recall a couple of developers (possibly including the guys involved with La-Mulana?) mentioning on here that Valve refused to let them put their soundtracks up on the store. And that's a real shame.

I did not know about that. That's a real shame if so (I imagine they require it to be classed as DLC or something). The soundtracks should really be independent of the game itself in terms of purchasing.

Steam Hardware Beta Candidate, I mean.

The last step I had to do was play a game in BPM so I played Mark of the Ninja and it seemed to register towards the badge even though it crashed 15 minutes in. And I'm certain it was BPM and not the game itself, because it also crashed twice before I even got into a game and I've never ever had Mark of the Ninja crash on me.
I see, I have never played anything in BPM, so I can't help you.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Besides Duke Nukem, is there any other games you would all recommend in the "build a bundle 7"

I heard Frogatto is good, however it's not on Steam. Not sure if it will be at any point.

Edit: Also, if you select the "Charity" option, 20% of your purchase will go towards helping a young boy in Texas who is going through cancer treatments. So do that. I know some of these indie devs need the cash, but it doesn't get much needier than a sick kid.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Working on "endless scrolling" of search results in the Steam webstore, which should be ready by the time the next version of Enhanced Steam rolls out.

I guess I'll have to make a video to show you guys, but I think everyone will be pretty impressed.
I'm impressed with it. :)

Endless Scrolling + Hide Games I Own + Browse All Games = DA ULTIMATE CHECKLIST

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm loving it. Haven't had any technical issues with it yet. Bummed about the resolution but I knew that going in when I checked the demo. My problem with it is that aparently people have already glitched some scores which is a detriment to a scorebased game with rankings. Haven't checked yet to see if that's true though.

Namco really should have done something about the resolution. Don't cut corners for a game that could potentially do really well.

Really? It's been performing fine for me

There's some issues with the Highway II and Big Eater Course DLC, the games crashes when you select one of those stages. Also there's some audio issues too, sometimes you get no audio when launching the game. I contacted Namco Technical Support and they told me to send them the event viewer log, so let's hope they're working in a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom