• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Might need to opt in for the beta?

There wasn't any listed in the game's properties menu. It may have updated without me noticing since I assume they were only a few mb each. I guess I'll find out later, if the achievements still don't work then it hasn't updated for me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my keys from the Flying Bundle. And I'm still enjoying Tomb Raider a lot, even when grabbing all collectibles. Crystal Dinamics did a great job with this game.

Turfster

Cheap as $5 chips.
4€ is about the price of a medium-to-large packet of chips/fries, fresh from the fryer.

Finally got my keys from the Flying Bundle. And I'm still enjoying Tomb Raider a lot, even when grabbing all collectibles. Crystal Dinamics did a great job with this game.

See, told you you wouldn't regret it ;)

Man, 710 meg Van Helsing update. Did they finally fix the coop?

maty

Played Ittle Dew for a ittle bit (heh) last night.

That game is seriously charming.

Basically it is a top-down Zelda for children with great hand drawn art. The primary protagonist is a little girl as well so it would be great for those of you with young daughters. Puzzles are easy and the game checkpoints on all screen transitions so it is extremely forgiving.

Highly recommended regardless as the art is just gorgeous and it has a great sense of whimsy about it.

You should try the "Master Cave" and finishing the game with only 2 items ;)

From the previous thread:

If anyone is looking for a Zelda-lite game check out Ittle Dew. I finished it a few days ago and really enjoyed it. The games has a top-down perspective like 2D Zeldas but the main focus are the puzzles.

header_292x136.jpg

You start crashing on an island and you want to get out. After a simple tutorial you meet the shopkeeper who says you need to find an artifact so he can make you a raft. He also offers 3 different items, a fire sword, a portal and an ice wand but of course you need money to get them. This is when the game begins, after talking to him you enter the castle which works as the main dungeon. There you go solving puzzles to access other rooms looking for chests with coins to buy the items previously mentioned that allow you to go further into the castle.

Once you have enough coins you talk to the shopkeeper and ask for a specific item on display but buying stuff isn't fun, so he throws you into a dungeon which revolves around solving puzzles to with your newly acquired item and beating a boss at the end of it.

Along the way you can collect pieces of paper that work as heart containers and cards but those are useful only if you want to 100% the game. In the overworld there are a few caves containing a chest with any of these stuff, I believe can be solved with 1 item except for some. There is also an optional dungeon, "The Master Cave" which consists of 12 rooms that will surely test you skills. (This one has cards inside so if you want to find them all you need to finish it)

Puzzles consists of the classic: pushing blocks, litting torches, blowing up walls and blocks or killing everything to open doors. Of course you need to combine your item powers to solve some. For example the portal wand can create blocks to which you can teleport, to do that you need to throw a beam at a mirror and let yourself get hit by it. The ice wand not only lets you freeze enemies and put out fires but it can also create ice mirrors on the walls, so combining these powers makes for some nice puzzle solving.

Another good thing about the game is that it can be finished with all 3 items or any combination of 2, which makes going through the castle a little harder since you might need to enter some rooms another way. You will also find shortcuts in all dungeons and castle that have some harder puzzles in them.

It took me around 7-8 hours to 100% the game but it can be finished in less than 15 minutes (there is actually an achievement for doing it) if you know your way around it. In fact it was made to speedrun, adding an extra challenge.

On the other hand, it doesn't have any multilayered dungeon, the combat is very simple and enemies are very easy to kill therefore being behind Zelda games if that's what you like. But that is not what the game is aiming for. The art is nice but I found it a little lacking on the sound and music department.

To sum it all up, if you enjoy puzzles in Zelda, I fully recommend it

nexen

4€ is about the price of a medium-to-large packet of chips/fries, fresh from the fryer.
They better be really good fries.

You should try the "Master Cave" and finishing the game with only 2 items ;)
Hm, I guess I didn't play long enough yet. I actually liked that the puzzles I saw so far were easy because that means my daughter could play it without getting too frustrated.
Still, even if she bounces off of it, I'm enjoying the game immensely :)

Kammie

Couple games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-E184AABE9102AB61 - Taken by Kirosia. 1 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-2253C0C2061E71F3 - Taken by ZeroXZee. 1 entrants total.

t1380208002z1.png

Edit: Reminder. Crysis 2 and Medal of Honor Origin keys are up here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83182709&postcount=9469

Turfster

Dammit, of course the stupid Dualshock doesn't want to actually work with the PC anymore, and I have no idea how I made it work before.
Problem solved. The Logitech Precision I had lying around apparently works with windows 7 now.

nexen

Omikron!

That is such a weird game to me. I don't actually like the gameplay at all, but I love the atmosphere so much that I can't help but love the game.

Someone needs to make a proper open world futuristic sci-fi game that isn't post-apocalyptic.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Not many Squeenix GOG games left now:

- Anachronox*
- Daikatana
- Gangsters: Organised Crime
- Pandemonium! and Pandemonium! 2
- Startopia

* It's in the registry and will presumably be the next one to surface.

We don't need that. Nobody needs that, enough people have suffered because of Romero.

Basically you sit around and not use the millions of dollars you've made to port the game away from Java.

Notch is fuckin' dominating.

Still haven't played minecraft because my loathing for java is large. I should get the xbox360 version atleast that one is in C# which is marginally better :D

Turfster

We don't need that. Nobody needs that, enough people have suffered because of Romero.

Eh, if they put it up for 1€, it's a good object lesson in hubris.
Of course, this being Squenix, they'll probably put it up for 10€ like the others, which is just a stupid price for games that are this old.

It took me ages to write this crappy reply SteamGAF. Current location has really bad connectivity. Gladly all is going well though.

Just wanted to say the SteamOS, the jist I got from it before the page stopped loading is interesting indeed. Along with the steambox stuff , though looks like a lot of that info is missing.

Take Care SteamGAF

Stay safe bud.

Eh, if they put it up for 1€, it's a good object lesson in hubris.
Of course, this being Squenix, they'll probably put it up for 10€ like the others, which is just a stupid price for games that are this old.

If Daikatana goes up for £1 then it will almost certainly replace Bad Rats as the gift that keeps on giving.

It will be the end of an era.

Kammie

Well, I gotta say I'm impressed. I finally opened an Origin account to redeem the Humble Bundle stuff, and it already had other EA games that I'd signed up for in the past. And it lets me register keys from other EA games that I bought through Amazon.

Oh god, does this mean I'm gonna start using Origin now? D:

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Pandemonium! in the other hand gives me back great memories, I don't know how good it holds up but I remember loving it.

nexen

Pandemonium! in the other hand gives me back great memories, I don't know how good it holds up but I remember loving it.

Pandemonium and its sequel are both available on GOG.

http://www.gog.com/game/pandemonium
http://www.gog.com/game/pandemonium_2

They were on sale last week too :\ (sorry)

If Daikatana goes up for £1 then it will almost certainly replace Bad Rats as the gift that keeps on giving.

It will be the end of an era.

Do you guys really want take the chance that some of the proceeds may go towards padding John Romero's pocket?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe it's the (freeware) Game Boy Color version?

//EDIT:

JaseC, where did you find that Zombie-Saoirse?
Bruised, battered and I've-seen-some-shit Saoirse Ronan. It's from How I Live Now (or more specifically, this new interview about How I Live Now).

I haven't actually watched the interview, though, since Film4's player auto-adjusts quality based on detected bandwidth and it doesn't play nicely with my connection, but a fansite put up a ton of 1080p screenshots from the clip and I sifted through them, hoping to find some avatar material.

Edit: Does anybody know if it's possible to buy stuff from the iTunes store of another country using a VPN? HILN goes up on iTunes US on November 8th.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
please support this game... TimeSplitters Rewind

Is... is that even legal?

TimeSplitters Rewind came to life in November 2012 when Crytek UK gave us their blessing to work on a community created mod. Since then we have evolved in such a way that we’re bringing a lot of positive attention to the franchise – something that we as fans have always wanted as it could lead to a much anticipated TimeSplitters 4.

Guess so.

def sim

Well, I gotta say I'm impressed. I finally opened an Origin account to redeem the Humble Bundle stuff, and it already had other EA games that I'd signed up for in the past. And it lets me register keys from other EA games that I bought through Amazon.

Oh god, does this mean I'm gonna start using Origin now? D:

Not unless you play Battlefield or whatever else Origin exclusive game.

The client really is not that bad. I just don't like having to use a different one.

Just tried the demo for Omikron. Very weird game and it must have been ambitious back then. There are a lot of characters on screen. Also i can set it to 1080p. How is that even possible for a 1999 game?

nexen

Just tried the demo for Omikron. Very weird game and it must have been ambitious back then. There are a lot of characters on screen. Also i can set it to 1080p. How is that even possible for a 1999 game?

there is an interface in dx for enumerating video modes.
if you do not code in any assumptions for aspect ratio or resolution it just works. You might end up with blurry hud, but still..

It'll work on 4k too, I bet.

Grief.exe

Not many Squeenix GOG games left now:

- Anachronox*
- Daikatana
- Gangsters: Organised Crime
- Pandemonium! and Pandemonium! 2
- Startopia

* It's in the registry and will presumably be the next one to surface.

And Square accidentally put Anachronox's picture up in the Blood Omen 2 registry app when that went live yesterday.

Picked up Limbo, thx man! :)

BTW, question for you, guys: do you know a good game to play without sound? I've been wanting to listen to some podcasts while playing! :)

Any kind of Strategy game with just ambient music.

Civil, Hearthstone, Xcom, games of that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom