• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Thanks to no deadzone Electronic Super Joy is basically unplayable for me, the little guy always starts to run to the left if I don't make sure the 360 pad is perfectly centered. So beware if you have one of those. Maybe I'll try keyboard.

Im afraid of Bad Rats.
Never seen any gameplay of it but checking this thread has made me fearful of even daring to do it.

Do it! Don't watch any videos just jump in! ( FFS, only when there's a sale on though! )

I've a couple of "Bad Rats" in my inventory together with some "Secret of the Magic Gems" keys. Hmmm, might have to pump my post count so i can get modbot to spread the love.

You lucky people have a grace period while i read how to get my keys out of my gift box and into modbot. I'll be back :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do it! Don't watch any videos just jump in! ( FFS, only when there's a sale on though! )

I've a couple of "Bad Rats" in my inventory together with some "Secret of the Magic Gems" keys. Hmmm, might have to pump my post count so i can get modbot to spread the love.

You lucky people have a grace period while i read how to get my keys out of my gift box and into modbot. I'll be back :)

Wait until the games have been pulled from Steam and then sell them for a truckload of TF2 keys. :p

JaseC

Is there a way to find my friend via his account name?

Not any more. Valve binned the ability to search for friends via account name and e-mail address yonks ago, presumably due to security concerns.

Edit: Carmageddon Reincarnation will hit Steam as an Early Access title in early 2014:

Yes, it's coming! Hang on to yer helmets! Carmageddon: Reincarnation for PC is launching via an Early Access programme on Steam in Q1 2014.

Yes, that's right Early Access is coming, and we want YOU to join us at the dawn of a new era in the evolution of automotive carnage videogaming! Add this date to the timeline of World History:

Q1 2014

And be there, or be stuck in the car combat Stone Age!

To celebrate this announcement, we're running a prize draw and GIVING AWAY 99 Free Passes to The Carmageddon: Reincarnation Full Package, which guarantees the winners ALL the content, including all updates and future DLC for the REST OF RECORDED TIME!!* all you have to do for a chance to win is Tweet us! Head over to our Early Access Entry page to find out more.

All the Kickstarter (and Paypal) Backers who pledged $15 or more for the game will receive the standard game package bundle for free, as that content is released. If you’d like the chance to increase your entitlement to The Full Package (all content, all DLC), then ENTER THE DRAW!

Also note that, for Backers who pledged $25 or more, Early Access will be preceded by an exclusive two week beta period.

Edit edit: Digging through my inbox, it seems I pledged $25. Awesome.

Jawmuncher

It took me ages to write this crappy reply SteamGAF. Current location has really bad connectivity. Gladly all is going well though.

Just wanted to say the SteamOS, the jist I got from it before the page stopped loading is interesting indeed. Along with the steambox stuff , though looks like a lot of that info is missing.

Take Care SteamGAF

JaseC

It took me ages to write this crappy reply SteamGAF. Current location has really bad connectivity. Gladly all is going well though.

Just wanted to say the SteamOS, the jist I got from it before the page stopped loading is interesting indeed. Along with the steambox stuff , though looks like a lot of that info is missing.

Take Care SteamGAF

Yeah, the gist of the hardware announcement is, "Steam Machine will hit the market in 2014, but for now we need your help developing and designing our prototype! More details soon."

Li Kao

Take Care SteamGAF

Hey, you take care ! Nice hearing from you :)

Edit - Gah, State of Decay has been patched. Cheevos working. I've got no reason to hold on then, argh...

Edit 2 - Hey SteamGAF, due to badge crafting I've got some coupons that expires today.
If anyone is interested...

50% Garry's Mod
75% Ultratron
50% Strike Suit Infinity
50% Killing Floor

Take Care SteamGAF
Take care!!

Train Simulator updated into 2014. All the achievements for 2013 are gone. The store page for it says it has trading cards, but there's nothing on my badge page.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had a dream that my girlfriend released a sprite and map editor on Steam and she made $12,000 in sales on her first day. Pretty damn good. We also lived in some kind of swanky hotel. I told her, and apparently she had a dream where she sold an art exhibition to a museum for $28,000. Dreamland cash, dolla dolla bills y'all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Train Simulator updated into 2014. All the achievements for 2013 are gone. The store page for it says it has trading cards, but there's nothing on my badge page.

$55 bucks. :/

WHY.jpg previous bundle didn't you take my credit card? :(

JaseC

I had a dream that my girlfriend released a sprite and map editor on Steam and she made $12,000 in sales on her first day. Pretty damn good. We also lived in some kind of swanky hotel. I told her, and apparently she had a dream where she sold an art exhibition to a museum for $28,000. Dreamland cash, dolla dolla bills y'all.

I dreamt that I coughed up somewhere north of $50 for an Ubi publisher pack because Tintin was included in it but not available for individual purchase.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Take Care SteamGAF
No, you take care. Glad to hear you're doing fine!

The_Monk

Take Care SteamGAF

Great to know everything is fine with you fellow GAFfer. Be safe!

JaseC

Speaking of Train Sim, it seems Trains vs Zombies 2 was yanked from the store a couple of months back. It wasn't a standalone app but rather just the base game with the TvZ 2 DLC (and a few other general pieces), but now it's not available at all. Given the full name is "Train Simulator 2013 - Trains Vs Zombies 2", though, it may return with the 2014 moniker.

Echoplx

Feels great to purchase a $55 game for $0.75 just before it was released. But too bad for you :/

Not quite, checking the community discussion it seems like the DLC packs that are included for free when you buy the 2014 version aren't given to those who do the upgrade.

JaseC

Not quite, checking the community discussion it seems like the DLC packs that are included for free when you buy the 2014 version aren't given to those who do the upgrade.

The app id is the same but the sub users actually purchase has changed: 2013 was 17251 while 2014 is 32159.

Li Kao

Ok, Rocketbirds - Hardboiled Chicken finished. Only 3.2 hours and I had to force myself to finish it, a little like work. That should speak for itself.
No way I'm looking for the hidden shit and playing the coop side of it.

nexen

Played Ittle Dew for a ittle bit (heh) last night.

That game is seriously charming.

Basically it is a top-down Zelda for children with great hand drawn art. The primary protagonist is a little girl as well so it would be great for those of you with young daughters. Puzzles are easy and the game checkpoints on all screen transitions so it is extremely forgiving.

Highly recommended regardless as the art is just gorgeous and it has a great sense of whimsy about it.

Nillansan

I wanted to wait for actual reviews to come out, but after reading the various impressions, I took the dive and bought Shadow Warrior. £21.17 via the Humble Store Widget. The discount expires in a couple of hours. I will post some impressions when I get the chance to give it a spin.

Derrick01

Banned
So how do these early access games work with fixes? I've noticed several state of decay fixes since it came out but I don't remember seeing any patches download.

MRORANGE

Oh yes, Hotline Miami 2 and Oculus Rift tomorrow.

mSrcoy2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom