• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can someone explain what the kalypso account means? I've never heard of it.

Don't listen to everyone else. What you need to do is take a survey that tests your knowledge of calypso music every time you start a game.

Don't worry, it only ever really asks you about that song from Beetlejuice, so it is fairly noninvasive and certainly better than Origin.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Don't listen to everyone else. What you need to do is take a survey that tests your knowledge of calypso music every time you start a game.

Don't worry, it only ever really asks you about that song from Beetlejuice, so it is fairly noninvasive and certainly better than Origin.

at least it's not the Brazilian "Banda Calypso" band. Oh god, I really hope you're not mistaken, morningbus!

Banda-Calypso-%E2%80%93-Eternos-Namorados-Vol.18-2012.jpg

Knurek

Not cool, Learning to Manage Chaos devs. Why do you make me download additional 600 MB of OST files (including both MP3 and FLAC version) with your 200 MB game?

Honestly, wouldn't it be better to just post the link to the OST in the game store page?

The_Monk

Just arrived home my good fellow GAFfers, did I miss something?

I see there's a new bundle, not sure if it's worth BTA for Jagged Alliance. Might grab for Tropico 3, let's see. All of them are single keys?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not cool, Learning to Manage Chaos devs. Why do you make me download additional 600 MB of OST files (including both MP3 and FLAC version) with your 200 MB game?

Honestly, wouldn't it be better to just post the link to the OST in the game store page?

Blame Valve, who doesn't have good infrastructure for soundtracks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is a pretty good port of the game.

So good that I can finally delete egduke (or whatever, since I can't even remember because I already deleted it), the user-made engine for modern computers to run my old copy of duke nukem 3d.

I was really impressed.
You mean Megaton Edition, right? Atomic Edition is just the name of the expansion for the original game.

Humble Weekly Sale:
Kalypso
Pay $1 to get a single steam key for:
  • Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
  • Sine Mora
  • Skydrift
  • Anna Extended Edition (bullshit Kalypso account needed)
Pay $6 to unlock
  • Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition (bullshit Kalypso account needed)
  • Jagged Alliance Back in Action
Sine Mora for 1 buck? Why not?

Grief.exe

Stump just dropped this bomb in another thread, thought you guys would like it.

In reference to Microsoft watching the Seam Machine with interest.

Had they watched PC gaming "with great interest" at any point in the last decade, Valve wouldn't have made a move into hardware to begin with.

di-7N1O.gif

Hinomura

Got the bundle for Sine Mora. I'm terrible at shooters, so I expect to play for at most five minutes before getting peeved, and returning to my bedroom corner to rock back and forth in the fetal position.

Don't worry, Sine Mora is very "user friendly" and it's excellent. Probably you'll have some trouble with just one boss, but once you figure it, it's not so difficult.

KONAMI I'm looking at you. Since you're taking your time for PES on STEAM, what about considering great IPs you have like - just to tell a name - GRADIUS? Thank you! Signed - fellow Hinomura

Freezard

Never heard of Sine Mora but it looks kinda cool. Don't have any of the other games either so why not.

Riptide is still too expensive but going to install it tonight and try it out, loved Dead Island :)

nexen

Don't worry, Sine Mora is very "user friendly" and it's excellent. Probably you'll have some trouble with just one boss, but once you figure it, it's not so difficult.
Sine Mora didn't scratch my shmup itch at all, but the price sure is right. The only point that was too difficult, imho, was the trash chute part. ugh.

KONAMI I'm looking at you. Since you're taking your time for PES on STEAM, what about considering great IPs you have like - just to tell a name - GRADIUS? Thank you! Signed - fellow Hinomura
LISTEN TO THIS MAN.
I need Gradius Gaiden, please and thank you.

Sine Mora is worth a dollar for the story alone, it's fucking insane.

Time travel and political intrique with 80s cartoon anthropomorphic animals speaking gibberish while flying planes.

Stump just dropped this bomb in another thread, thought you guys would like it.

In reference to Microsoft watching the Seam Machine with interest.

di-7N1O.gif
thats not really a bomb

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, so, if you don't have a copy of any particular Humble Origin Bundle game, keep an eye on Gaming Discussion over the next few minutes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Audiosurf 2 is close. I can feel it.

header.jpg

I can't wait to see what modes and mods we get from the community.
Mmm... I really liked the first one, but didn't play that much of it. And then I only did it in Mono mode, because I don't care about the match-3 gameplay.

But I love grabbing the red blocks and avoiding the gray ones to the sound of my favorite bands.

Imagine:

Coming soon...

From the developer that brought you the first game you bought on Steam...

[Cue sizzle reel with tons of modes and shit.]

Comes the last game you'll buy on Steam.

AUDIOSURF2.

If the devs don't hire you after this, it means they are crazy. Or they don't read GAF.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lol. how many steam keys are unclaimed?

No idea, half of them were fucking unlabeled because the original posters just labeled them by adding a comment to their post saying "these are actually origin keys" hahaha.

This doesn't even put a dent in the unclaimed keys, BTW.

Saty

Wasn't there supposed to be a massive giveaway for unclaimed keys of the Summer Sale? Didn't notice it if there was.

Grief.exe

This seems to be the way to get rid of these unclaimed keys Stump. Just make a megathread in gaming discussion and open it up to everyone as a whole.

Maybe you can add some lines of code into the system to make it easy for you.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wasn't there supposed to be a massive giveaway for unclaimed keys of the Summer Sale? Didn't notice it if there was.

There will be, after this garbage is sorted out. I'll give probably a few hours notice for my buds in the Steam thread too.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You see, these massive unclaimed giveaways I don't feel bad for getting it to a friend.

They've been around for so long and nobody cared...

Knurek

Buying FFVIII the instant it is available. Of the PS1-era Final Fantasy games, that one was always my favorite. I know that's not popular opinion, but I thought it was great.

Have you tried The Last Remnant?
Final Fantasy VIII feels like an Akitoshi Kawazu game, The Last Remnant is an Akitoshi Kawazu game.
Supposedly, PC version is quite fun.

Nabs

Mmm... I really liked the first one, but didn't play that much of it. And then I only did it in Mono mode, because I don't care about the match-3 gameplay.

But I love grabbing the red blocks and avoiding the gray ones to the sound of my favorite bands.

If the devs don't hire you after this, it means they are crazy. Or they don't read GAF.

I'm sure Mono will make a return in AS2, but Air mode is pretty similar.

Pusher 4 life.

GaussTek

Guys, I had this amazing dream last night.

Rockstar/Take Two officially announced GTA V for the PC, and in order to celebrate, they were teaming up with Humble Bundle to offer GTA, GTA II, GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas (inc. Android ports) + GTA IV Complete if you beat the average... and Max Payne 3/LA Noire possibly being added as bonus games.

Then I woke up... and I felt so sad :(

lol, seriously, is there a chance of something like this happening in the future? hah :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Guys, I had this amazing dream last night.

Rockstar/Take Two officially announced GTA V for the PC, and in order to celebrate, they were teaming up with Humble Bundle to offer GTA, GTA II, GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas (inc. Android ports) + GTA IV Complete if you beat the average... and Max Payne 3/LA Noire possibly being added as bonus games.

Then I woke up... and I felt so sad :(

lol, seriously, is there a chance of something like this happening in the future? hah :p

GTA V is going to come to PC in late 2013 or early 2014. Everything else? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom