• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I was thinking of picking up Bunny Must Die, but no one on my list owns it. I guess it's not worth it.
On the Steam Community page for it, they gave some bullshit answer like "The guy that promised you Steam keys doesn't work here anymore" or something. :rolleyes

To be fair, that was just the programmer and she wasn't happy with the decision either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also, during ModBot Mania a very generous GAFfer gifted me Dysfunctional Systems... not five minutes after I told the other mods "This looks like it could be cool!". THANKS DUDE!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Something else worth pointing out that just doesn't make sense:

If I don't own a game on Steam, I can't recommend it. Recommendations are like free advertising of your product to my Steam friends. Denying Steam keys to people who previously purchased the game prevents them from recommending it to their friends on Steam.

They just look at the amount of games they sold in bundles - let's say 10k copies.

Then they say: If we give away 10k copies of our game, that's 10k times whatever price we're selling it for. We're actually losing money! (because yeah, 10k people are going to buy your shitty game twice for sure)

It's a very near sighted way of doing business.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I responded to the Steam Community thread as well. I have no interest in this game, I just want to send the message that they are making a mistake.

dani_dc

Dirtywhirlwind explained how to get them earlier.

Here's the cross-quote I made on the Indie Bundle thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83809077&postcount=3534

Uh, I wasn't even aware this was on the Doujin bundle.
Glad I picked everything on that bundle. Seems like a bit of work to get the key, but I'll do so tomorrow. Game looks interesting.

I would had completely missed the fact that I already owned the game if not for this post.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure Mono will make a return in AS2, but Air mode is pretty similar.

Pusher 4 life.
I believe that too, it's just that I don't know whether the sequel is worth getting, given that the first one is more than enough for me.

If one of them is The Sims 3, and you don't mind if I give the key to my girlfriend, I can take it. :)
Sorry, it's just the below average crap everyone and their mother already have.

I hate myself for calling Mirror's Edge "crap", but... yeah. It's worth jack shit now :/

Maybe EA was right all along, and those bundles devalue the IPs. They decided to teach us a lesson by completely destroying the value of some of their most important ones.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
In the relatively small market for Steam indie games, bad word of mouth can really kill your game. I'm sure Indie Royale didn't sell a ton of keys anyways.

Twinduct

I responded to the Steam Community thread as well. I have no interest in this game, I just want to send the message that they are making a mistake.

Nice response.
Really not liking the attitude the Dev is expressing in the thread. You can throw off responsibility but screaming at people to show them the proof of any 'agreement' or 'promise' is really in bad taste.

Although I didn't buy the bundle, I won't be buying this game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Maybe EA was right all along, and those bundles devalue the IPs. They decided to teach us a lesson by completely destroying the value of some of their most important ones.

Well to be fair, they never said anything about putting their games in bundles. Just putting your game on sale is enough to devalue it's IP.

I still don't understand that statement. Game is probably selling 5 copies a month. Put it up on sale, game sells 50 copies in that month. That's 50 people paying 5 dollars (250 dollars) playing a game and wanting a sequel as opposed to 5 people paying 15 dollars (75 dollars).

How is that a bad deal?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's super lame to highlight "Steam Greenlight" on bundle pages and then not give away steam keys once it's greenlight. Super scummy.
They did this? Fuck them then. That's false advertising, because people expect Steam keys for games that sport the Greenlight banner in bundles once they are approved.

This game has become part of my "Do not buy" list, along with Bad Rats and any new F.E.A.R. games.
I still don't understand that statement. Game is probably selling 5 copies a month. Put it up on sale, game sells 50 copies in that month. That's 50 people paying 5 dollars (250 dollars) playing a game and wanting a sequel as opposed to 5 people paying 15 dollars (75 dollars).

How is that a bad deal?
Man, you don't have to tell me, I was just joking. Bundles are a great way of earning some cash from games that have gotten past their "expiration date", so to speak. They also help create brand awareness and keep a franchise fresh in people's minds, as well as making others potentially double dip.

Grief.exe

How is that a bad deal?

And it gets people to buy into the Origin ecosystem as well.

The_Monk

I just read Stump's post on the Steam Community thread. I wish I could have a superior English vocabulary to articulate my ideas better and therefore make a similar post. But I believe I still have a lot to improve in that regard.

alr1ght

They did this? Fuck them then. That's false advertising, because people expect Steam keys for games that sport the Greenlight banner in bundles once they are approved.

This game has become part of my "Do not buy" list, along with Bad Rats and any new F.E.A.R. games.

I can't confirm via screencap, but the bundle was released post-greenlight.
http://www.indieroyale.com/newsletter/138

Maybe somebody who bought it can confirm?

epaturun

is there anyway to get steam to download and then install all the MS software that it goes through automatically so the game is ready to play?

Knurek

I just read Stump's post on the Steam Community thread. I wish I could have a superior English vocabulary to articulate my ideas better and therefore make a similar post. But I believe I still have a lot to improve in that regard.

TBH, I feel a little bad for Sara. She's a programmer, not a PR person, and will have a really *fun* weekend on her hands now.
OTOH, RA's twitter feed should be fun to watch in the following days popcorn.jpg

rtcn63

I read that Modbot was a man once, but then he was in accident, and they chose to rebuild him as a machine. They had the technology, to make him better, stronger, faster than before.

Joe Molotov

I can't confirm via screencap, but the bundle was released post-greenlight.
http://www.indieroyale.com/newsletter/138

Maybe somebody who bought it can confirm?

http://www.rockinandroid.com/news/press/news.php?id=indie-royal-back-to-school-bundle

Here's their own PR for the Indie Royale release, where they say they're working towards a Steam release and for all the fans to spread the word. It doesn't say you'll get a Steam key if it gets Greenlit, but I mean that's generally the expectation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New round of Family Sharing Beta invites are going out - I just got mine. There were 1,042 people in the group when I joined.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TBH, I feel a little bad for Sara. She's a programmer, not a PR person, and will have a really *fun* weekend on her hands now.

I feel bad for her as well, but if she is employed in a PR/CS capacity then she has a duty to represent the company when dealing with consumer complaints (not pass off blame), and if she is not employed in a PR/CS capacity then she should not be representing the company in a public-facing customer dispute. There needs to be a public face of accountability. There is not. She is wisely beginning to direct people to other parts of the company, but this speaks to poor allocation of roles within the developer. I recommend the company go get ITIL training because these are not management best-practices for an IT firm.

chronomac

uq4Xjs4.png

Yeaaaaah, boy. Who else is in?

alr1ght

http://www.rockinandroid.com/news/press/news.php?id=indie-royal-back-to-school-bundle

Here's their own PR for the Indie Royale release, where they say they're working towards a Steam release and for all the fans to spread the word. It doesn't say you'll get a Steam key if it gets Greenlit, but I mean that's generally the expectation.

A Steam release of the game is being pursued via a Steam Greenlight page and will only be allowed on Steam if it receives enough positive votes. Rockin’ Android is actively seeking any and all support and encourages supporters to spread the word.

So they used the bundle to spread the word about their greenlight page. Pretty scummy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If no one takes this, feel free to throw it in that previous thread to see if someone catches it there Stump. Otherwise see it in a month?

I am giving away an Steam Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-12AFD67E102E96B6 - Taken by Kagemusha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom