• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Had a look at the comments on the Steam forum. I know, I know but there are even more angry people than usual, looks like the game wasn't ready for release at all.

The trailer they released for it looks awful as well, I know it's a KS game that just managed to reach it's goal but it looks like it came straight out of 2005.

Turfster

Okay, we should be good for buying Cognition now.
I cracked and bought it despite the "uninitialized"s, and I get an extra 3 gig download, while only paying 7€ for 3&4.

Also got another card drop.

Re-quoted because I'm an idiot and edited my previous post instead of quoting part of it.

Is it already on Steam? I have it on Desura... I hope they still give me a Steam key.
It was just Greenlit and they've Greenlit A LOT of games recently, so who knows when it'll pop up.

But it has the advantage of being done, so all the developer needs to do is implement achievements, etc.

Tak3n

Banned
Had a look at the comments on the Steam forum. I know, I know but there are even more angry people than usual, looks like the game wasn't ready for release at all.

agreed, I know a lot of members think the steam forums are toxic, but the complaints are overwhelming, I pre-ordered it but not tried it yet

Acccent

WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE I was unable to visit gaf all day because apparently my company's network is down (it's happening in all French studios) and I heard about steam and I kept thinking OH GOD STEAMGAF MUST BE GOING CRAZY but I couldn't check and now I'm here and what's happening??? someone give me a quick recap is it okay to freak out yet?

Turfster

Note: don't try to download the other parts of Cognition while playing it.
Steam will go nuts trying to update the files and will slow down your system.
In good news, I now have all 4 episodes in the launcher.

derExperte

WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE I was unable to visit gaf all day because apparently my company's network is down (it's happening in all French studios) and I heard about steam and I kept thinking OH GOD STEAMGAF MUST BE GOING CRAZY but I couldn't check and now I'm here and what's happening??? someone give me a quick recap is it okay to freak out yet?

I'm confused. But it's always okay to freak out.

Half Life 3

JordanKZ

So I picked up State of Decay on Early Access.

It's actually not bad for being fairly 'early' in development. Controls are fine, looks nice. Frame rate is all over the place but that's to be expected.

Just don't go into the Steam discussion boards about it. Man. Just... Damn. There's like 6 threads on "Why doesn't this game have KB&M support?! I'm incapable of reading the store page!"

*sigh*

Treat us gently, Gabe

WHtHNag.png

strange how come i cant get a new update?

It's actually not bad for being fairly 'early' in development. Controls are fine, looks nice. Frame rate is all over the place but that's to be expected.

Just don't go into the Steam discussion boards about it. Man. Just... Damn. There's like 6 threads on "Why doesn't this game have KB&M support?! I'm incapable of reading the store page!"

*sigh*

I hate when people complains about that, man it's a Xbox 360 port, just buy a damn controller and you are done!

I saw a Xbox 360 gameplay trailer and it looks fun!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I won't budge until it's $1 again.

True it's no price mistake like the $0.01 Best Buy deal - but good to see it's actually getting discounts.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
shootdudes
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 -- MB-390F80C6142EDECD - Taken by Kuroyume. 8 entrants total.

t1379726445z1.png

Tellaerin

I figure most of you already have these by now, but on the off chance that you don't, here you go.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-1E82400732D6AC4F - Taken by MechaGodzilla. 4 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-C9C7FC3B7B533F90
Limbo -- MB-AA36B4F144CEE52E - Taken by Divius. 1 entrants total.

t1379726895z1.png

Turfster

And I just finished episode 1 of Cognition. A solid 4.5 hours. If they can keep this up for the 3 other sections, it'll be quite a meaty game, especially compared to the filler fluff Telltale (closest I can think of for episodic adventure gaming) puts out.

I also didn't know this was voiced by Rayleigh Holmes, the daughter of Robert Holmes, the composer of Gabriel Knight's amazing music, amongst others, and the husband of Jane Jensen.

Grief.exe

*sigh*

The stupidity of the general gaming population will never stop surprising me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom