• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugatu

Good question. I also want to know since I'm eligible for a booster pack for Saints Row The Third and a couple other games.

Yup, as long as you meet the requirements (which i believe just means you have to log in to Steam during the week) it will appear in your inventory. The actual timing is a bit all over the place for me as far as I can tell though.

MRORANGE

Alright lets try this again.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

FEZ -- MB-BE3B28A3D366DCCB - Taken by NaM. 3 entrants total.

t1379708016z1.png

Greyvvolf

Good question. I also want to know since I'm eligible for a booster pack for Saints Row The Third and a couple other games.

On your profile button to the right of the community tag scroll over and click the "badges" link under your profile name. On the right of the next screen there's a "View my booster pack eligibility". It will show you all the games you can get a booster pack for.

At level 12 with 22 games eligible I've only gotten 2 booster packs but the chances to get them supposedly increase every 10th steam level.

So I played about 2 hours of State of Decay and i have some impressions. It plays like a 3rd person Dead Island, almost exactly. If you didn't like Dead Island, you won't like this game. You can find items and the like but cant upgrade or repair them as far as I know, which was one of the cool parts of Dead Island. Also bag space is extremely limited which is annoying but only because I am a collector. I think you have maybe 8 bag spots in a large bag and each ammo type takes up one bag space aswell as each weapon or painkiller ect.The game is really janky but seems to run pretty smoothly. Steam Achievements appear to be broken as I haven't unlocked any and I should have unlocked a few.

Overall if you really liked Dead Island you will probably like this. Otherwise I would wait for the official release / sale.

Weapons can be repaired but not by the player. You have to upgrade the base and they're automatically repaired over time.

The purpose of the limited backpack space (I'm guessing you didn't pick up any resource duffle bags) is to force the player to make excursions for supplies and deal with fatigue. At 2 hours you should be at the church but if not, that's where the game opens up and shifts away from Dead Island.

Weapons can be repaired but not by the player. You have to upgrade the base and they're automatically repaired over time.

The purpose of the limited backpack space (I'm guessing you didn't pick up any resource duffle bags) is to force the player to make excursions for supplies and deal with fatigue. At 2 hours you should be at the church but if not, that's where the game opens up and shifts away from Dead Island.

Yea I am at the church now, not sure about duffle bags i will have keep an eye out. It is fun, just a lot of people complained about Dead Island so I was just giving fair warning. Luckily I loved Dead Island.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Yup, as long as you meet the requirements (which i believe just means you have to log in to Steam during the week) it will appear in your inventory. The actual timing is a bit all over the place for me as far as I can tell though.

On your profile button to the right of the community tag scroll over and click the "badges" link under your profile name. On the right of the next screen there's a "View my booster pack eligibility". It will show you all the games you can get a booster pack for.

At level 12 with 22 games eligible I've only gotten 2 booster packs but the chances to get them supposedly increase every 10th steam level.

Interesting, so do I have to activate the booster pack? Because if so there's nothing in my inventory besides the actual trading cards themselves.

Interesting, so do I have to activate the booster pack? Because if so there's nothing in my inventory besides the actual trading cards themselves.

It will show up in your inventory and just click on it and hit open. You can sell them as booster packs on the community market as well.

Again for me it was completely random when I got both of mine.

Derrick01

Banned
So I played about 2 hours of State of Decay and i have some impressions. It plays like a 3rd person Dead Island, almost exactly. If you didn't like Dead Island, you won't like this game. You can find items and the like but cant upgrade or repair them as far as I know, which was one of the cool parts of Dead Island. Also bag space is extremely limited which is annoying but only because I am a collector. I think you have maybe 8 bag spots in a large bag and each ammo type takes up one bag space aswell as each weapon or painkiller ect.The game is really janky but seems to run pretty smoothly. Steam Achievements appear to be broken as I haven't unlocked any and I should have unlocked a few.

Overall if you really liked Dead Island you will probably like this. Otherwise I would wait for the official release / sale.

Yeah I'm not too impressed with the little I've played but I'm guessing it's still mostly a tutorial. Skills/upgrades don't seem very useful yet as you just mash X when a zombie is nearby to beat up on it, or use a gun to aim and shoot with your own personal skill. I haven't found a base you can actually settle down and work on upgrading/managing yet. That to me is where the real meat of the game will be.

Scavenging areas is pretty simplistic too. The game will tell you when there's nothing left and there's usually only 1-3 very visible objects to search (they flash white) in a place anyway. I would say it's more complex than Dead Island but it's nothing like Dead State is supposed to be.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh cool, I didn't think that was coming to PC.

I'm a big fan of the original and of clunky platformers in general. I like Deadlight. So know that it's not coming from a place of intolerance when I say that the combat in the Flashback remake is very frustrating and really really takes away from the experience. I played through the demo a few times on 360 and it was a definitely DO NOT BUY for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm a big fan of the original and of clunky platformers in general. I like Deadlight. So know that it's not coming from a place of intolerance when I say that the combat in the Flashback remake is very frustrating and really really takes away from the experience. I played through the demo a few times on 360 and it was a definitely DO NOT BUY for me.

*heads off to DL demo on 360*

FWIW I started to get pissed off during the last third of Deadlight so I am now bracing for the worst with Flashback RE-IMAGINED.

derExperte

I watched a few Let's play videos and Quick Looks. Left a terrible impression, I wish they would have done something like the Another World Anniversay Edition.

unlockable if you beat the game, at least on 360

And then only in a tiny window.

Hop

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hydrophobia -- MB-1C283DB6F9A9A17C - Taken by maneil99

Nillansan

I rarely visit Reddit, but I took the opportunity to participate in the WayForward AMA. I asked them if they were planning to bring Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (currently 3DS exclusive) to PC in addition to Shantae: Risky’s Revenge and Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (both have been confirmed to release on Steam).

Matt Bozon said:
Our president (he goes by Tyrannical Overlord) wants these games on EVERY PLATFORM. He's so mean. It's eShop exclusive by design, but after the games release there are often conversations about what's next. I would not want to promise this game anywhere but 3DS since it's designed for that platform. And yet I feel that conversation is perhaps a year away. Of course, we only make the move if the game was successful in the first place, so it needs to sell copies on 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom