• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price dependent, the Steam Box will probably be an instant-buy for me. I'll hook that sucker up down in my man cave with the HDTV and surround sound for gaming goodness.

My desktop might even start feeling neglected.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's not. At least, it wasn't for me.

Also, GMG is having a couple of sales.
75% off the Dungeon Sieges, which includes separate steam codes for the first 2 apparently.
Also up to 75% off on other games
Don't forget the extra coupons.

Seriously, Steam and GAF, stop dying. Thank you.

Hopefully no one misses out on Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers for all their slicing, dicing, and cutting puzzle solving needs.

AHA-Lambda

I can't connect to Steam, has anyone else got this problem? It just stays at "connecting Steam account <account name>..."

EDit: nvm, just seemed to fix itself but it seems to be a common issue right now from the Steam forums, must be something up with their servers right now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else having severe Steam issues? Kabouter (Netherlands) and I (Canada) were just playing SR3, me hosting. He dropped out. He can't reconnect to Steam at all and the game took like 5 minutes to load the invite friend page for me. Not seeing any dip in the stats though.

Shantom

Anyone else having severe Steam issues? Kabouter (Netherlands) and I (Canada) were just playing SR3, me hosting. He dropped out. He can't reconnect to Steam at all and the game took like 5 minutes to load the invite friend page for me. Not seeing any dip in the stats though.

Steam has been down for me (UK) for at least the last 10 minutes.

Edit: Restarting Steam fixed it, weirdly.

r3n4ud

All is well here in la belle province...

Kuroyume

Banned
Total Biscuit WTF is Lost Planet 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQQPmjF5T4

_gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.gif

Capcom is such an embarrassment now. Why are they so obsessed with western development now? I thought development in their country was cheaper?

Is anyone else having trouble with card drops? I had La Mulana running for two hours and it didn't drop anything.

3 hours in Cognition... 3 drops and I'm not idling in other games.

Derrick01

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble with card drops? I had La Mulana running for two hours and it didn't drop anything.

Yes I haven't had a card drop in several hours of time for various games. I put a ticket in to steam support but I'll be an old man on my deathbed before they get back to me probably.

My gf noticed my account kept dropping in and out like 7 times in a short space of time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Capcom is such an embarrassment now. Why are they so obsessed with western development now? I thought development in their country was cheaper?

They perceive the bigger market (the western market) to be more acceptable of western developed games, be it because they're from western developers or, which I believe is most of the case, because they feel like western games.

In other words, people rather play Gears of War than Binary Domain.

Edit: And I think those people are CRAZY

Divius

My gf noticed my account kept dropping in and out like 7 times in a short space of time.
yNDg9UW.png

Perhaps related?

Sorry if this has already been posted and I overlooked it....

If anybody is still planning to jump on that Train Simulator deal from Groupees I suggest you do it NOW as they are fast running out of keys and will be ending the sale when they are gone. The Train devs apparently got taken by surprise by the demand and don't want to supply more.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom is such an embarrassment now. Why are they so obsessed with western development now? I thought development in their country was .

Lost Planet 3 is a very good game, I really enjoyed it tbh and was very surprised at how good it was.

Tellaerin

Okay, so is the X bundle worth it? And as a complete X noob, should I bother with BTA or just go with the $1 buy-in? I love space combat and science fiction in general, but I don't have much experience with trade-oriented games like Elite, and I've heard some comments that make me wonder how welcoming the games are to new players.

Khronico

Okay, so is the X bundle worth it? And as a complete X noob, should I bother with BTA or just go with the $1 buy-in? I love space combat and science fiction in general, but I don't have much experience with trade-oriented games like Elite, and I've heard some comments that make me wonder how welcoming the games are to new players.

Same here. I have played about 30 mins of X2 and got completely overwhelmed. Can any fans of the series comment on the difference between X3 Reunion and its expansions?

masterkajo

State of Decay doesn't have coop?

I somehow was always under the impression that it had coop. Hm... When will DayZ Standalone release then?

Tecl0n

You will feel lost, and have to put in quite a bunch of hours to make sense of it. (and if you are getting the bundle BTA is a must, cause Terran Conflic is what most mods are developed for)

Momentary

Banned
it's got a demo on 360 if you don't want to risk the cash

I'll probably wait for it to hit $2.00 on a sale.

Man... Like Capcom keeping games like Dragon's Dogma and Deep Down on PC. From what I heard Sony funded some of Deep Down so even if they wanted to make more money by putting it on another platform they can't. Capcom are destroying themselves. Hopefully they crap something out that will save them.

Whatever. I'm not a business man so they probably know what they are doing by offering exclusives to MS and Sony,

I'm just jealous because there hasn't been ANY focus on the PC side of next gen multiplat gaming. Valve really needs to do a PC focused trade show.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Starlight Inception is god awful.

I can't imagine the game getting much better, either. Unless they redo the entire cockpit, all FX, the whole flight model and the entire UI.

I have never asked for a refund on a game before, but I'd really like my $20 on this.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
First time I buy a game with a discount only for it to be discounted further two hours after that. Not the end of the world but, hey...
Tempting 25% on so many things, I must resist or the end of the year sales won't be as cool.
Same here, except that I bought it last night. I'm not gonna lose any sleep for those $0.50 though; I thought the price was right at $8, which means I'm satisfied with my purchase.

So I played about 2 hours of State of Decay and i have some impressions. It plays like a 3rd person Dead Island, almost exactly. If you didn't like Dead Island, you won't like this game. You can find items and the like but cant upgrade or repair them as far as I know, which was one of the cool parts of Dead Island. Also bag space is extremely limited which is annoying but only because I am a collector. I think you have maybe 8 bag spots in a large bag and each ammo type takes up one bag space aswell as each weapon or painkiller ect.The game is really janky but seems to run pretty smoothly. Steam Achievements appear to be broken as I haven't unlocked any and I should have unlocked a few.

Overall if you really liked Dead Island you will probably like this. Otherwise I would wait for the official release / sale.

patochaos

Neo Member
I won a copy of Limbo, so it's time to give back to this community. My first giveaway, hope I didnt made a mistake

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Amnesia: The Dark Descent -- MB-736C4EBE5E99C76B - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 9 entrants total.

t1379715756z1.png

Deques

Yo dawgs, I heard you like games

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Hammerfight -- MB-E262877D7C1B0AB9 - Taken by Sportbilly. 4 entrants total.
Saira -- MB-09DD5D13CA466578 - Taken by robotnik. 6 entrants total.

t1379716251z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom