• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another matter, how do you guys organize you steam library ? I was going naked for years and then begun using categories like 'favorites', 'abandoned', 'playing', 'finished' and 'to play soon' coupled with steam mini mode. Wonder if I won't make a 'classics' one to gather some series I plan to replay in the near (?) future (like Deus Ex, Max Payne etc...)
I keep it simple, installed and uninstalled.

DayZ Early Access Comp on the Registry

http://steamdb.info/sub/17511/#section_info
I was wondering when this would show up.

AHA-Lambda

On another matter, how do you guys organize you steam library ? I was going naked for years and then begun using categories like 'favorites', 'abandoned', 'playing', 'finished' and 'to play soon' coupled with steam mini mode.

Genre entries, as well as categories for backlog and binned games.

Grief.exe

This is for the standalone game, correct Grief? Is it using the same engine as the mod? I'm kinda lost, sorry.

Standalone.

They have completely reworked the engine to be similar to MMOs. All of the calculations will be done server-side, performance will be better and less hacking.

While the programming team has been spending months and months on this, the artists have been updating the map, buildings, and items with new textures. As well as adding brand new areas to the map and fleshing out existing ones. The game looks gorgeous in some areas.

BadRamen

DayZ Early Access Comp on the Registry

http://steamdb.info/sub/17511/#section_info

I never played too much of the mod, as much as I really enjoyed it. Rather, I treated it like a true demo, one that is comparable to a movie trailer that allows you to get a solid feel on what is being presented to you without you tiring of it but still getting a sizable chunk of information, leaving you dripping at the jowls for more.

Yes, I am pumped.

Gbraga

About categories, I just use the default ones, but I've been thinking about creating at least a "replay" one so I can keep the games I want to replay in the near future.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is for the standalone game, correct Grief? Is it using the same engine as the mod? I'm kinda lost, sorry.

Yeah, it's standalone, and uses a heavily modified version of the Take on Helicopters engine.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of Steam categories, a lot of people like the depressurizer application.

This program can automatically categorize your games by genre, eliminating the need to do it by hand. It uses the same categories as the store though, which aren't always 100% accurate.

KPJZKC

Vanilla is all you need. The DLC for Blands 2 was terrible.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong (err, in my opinion).

Tiny Tina DLC was the single best part about Borderlands 2. I found the vast majority of the game very meh and soulless, aside from the brief interactions between characters over the radio and the like - Tiny Tina adds a LOT more of this than there is in the base game, and I found it added a lot of closure to BL2 also.

Cannot recommend getting this DLC enough, tl;dr absolutely amazing and better than the base game.

Turfster

Less than 48 hours left on these Bundlestars bundles:
  • Ultimate Commandos: Commandos 1-3
  • Masters of Strategy: Tropico 3, Earth 2160, Patrician IV, Jagged Alliance 2, Restaurant Empire 2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
HkbwuEz.png

What is this I don't even...

EDIT: I guess they fixed this already, the $29.99 is for a 3-Pack.

The_Monk

Standalone.

They have completely reworked the engine to be similar to MMOs. All of the calculations will be done server-side, performance will be better and less hacking.

While the programming team has been spending months and months on this, the artists have been updating the map, buildings, and items with new textures. As well as adding brand new areas to the map and fleshing out existing ones. The game looks gorgeous in some areas.

Everything you said got me more interested now, can't wait for it. Guess I need to search more info about this, since there's very little I know. Hoping for a neat price in the future. This game and Wasteland 2 are on my radar so far.

Yeah, it's standalone, and uses a heavily modified version of the Take on Helicopters engine.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Thank you both. :p

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
On another matter, how do you guys organize you steam library ? I was going naked for years and then begun using categories like 'favorites', 'abandoned', 'playing', 'finished' and 'to play soon' coupled with steam mini mode. Wonder if I won't make a 'classics' one to gather some series I plan to replay in the near (?) future (like Deus Ex, Max Payne etc...)
  • Beaten
  • Demos
  • Mac (damn you Civ IV)
  • ...everything else

jshackles

Dolor

On another matter, how do you guys organize you steam library ?

I'm pretty exhaustive, but I have:

• Completed/Favorites - games that I really enjoyed at some point but I am not interested in revisiting again
  • No Longer Interested - games I tried and don't want to go back to (big list)
  • Now Playing
  • Other - Betas and miscellaneous
  • Revisit - games I played and want to go back to at some point (and sometimes even do) - a pretty small list
  • Superior - basically my current favorites and go-tos - games I go back to if I want a guaranteed quality experience
  • Up Next - this is split into a few subcategories, but this is basically my backlog (big list)

gabbo

Speaking of Steam categories, a lot of people like the depressurizer application.

This program can automatically categorize your games by genre, eliminating the need to do it by hand. It uses the same categories as the store though, which aren't always 100% accurate.

Quite helpful, other than a few odd choices. Should I ever use something besides grid mode, this will help.

Diedac

From a groupees bundle.
Good luck.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-1D6109F47268AF51 - Taken by Thorgal. 4 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-6EED84AB768213DB

t1382483704z1.png

Cth

Mine:

AAA/Retail Games (anything that has a box, or I've seen in stores with a case)

Adventure Games (Basically, Telltale games and other point and click style games)

Indie Games (Bundle games and individuals go here)

Summer Sale 2013 (So I could see how much I spent and try to reduce the backlog before the next sale)

Wife (Games my wife is interested in that I am not)

THISSPACEINTENTIONALLYLEFTBLANK (Games that I've beaten, didn't like, betas, etc)

Mac - Mac versions that I can't play.

Games (currently playing - purchased post-Summer Sale 2013 / aka unsorted)

adaen

I like my library well-organzied, so I have around 30 categories with various genres and sub-genres. I really can't stand it if there is a category with more than 30 entries as it gets pretty hard to find something in it.

A downside is the horrible steam client, which sometimes randomly decides to open all categories (especially after using the search) and there is no collapse all function.

neoism

Vanilla is all you need. The DLC for Blands 2 was terrible.

well the last one was ok but the main problem for me was they just took waaaaaaaaaay too long to get them out..after like the 3rd one I was basically done with the game... Bioshock Infinite season pass is my last one ever..same problem..

Tenrius

I think it might be best to put something about the potential sale start dates in the thread title or something, or these questions will literally be on every page.

Alphabetically, and installed, if I'm feeling frisky. I don't really care basically. Same with music, I don't need some program to tell me what genre a track's in, because if I like it, it doesn't matter.

Lint21

Neo Member
To celebrate the new thread:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Greed Corp -- MB-60B22017018F3812 - Taken by Altazor. 2 entrants total.

t1382475559z1.png

Turfster

I think it might be best to put something about the potential sale start dates in the thread title or something, or these questions will literally be on every page.

Well, I'll float my idea past Stumpokapow again... (since not everyone reads the title, let alone the first post)

How about adding a sort of "recent FAQ" thing to Modbot that it can repaste every 100 posts so every page contains the information (the only way to browse).
That way we can put the sale information we have in it, or messages about the game time being wrong being 'normal', etc.
Hopefully, it'll stop at least some questions (remember how we got 50 questions about the gametime in the last week?) from being asked over and over again.

Sendou

Freezard

What's Gaf's opinion on Serious Sam? The new HD Encounters.

Much better than the originals. Just get The Second Encounter since it has the campaign of The First Encounter as well. That campaign is a lot better too unless you like more open levels with a lot of collecting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom