• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Kind of bummed that more games aren't adding trading cards. I'm really surprised the new LEGO game doesn't have them.

I really want them for the X series (at least the new one and X: AP). I like collecting the top level badge for my favorite games.

MRORANGE

For the record:

- I'm not a Mod, I can't help you with problems.
- I can't help you with disputes with other members, take it up with a Mod.
- Please don't add me just to get on SteamGAF group, post in this thread instead.
- No, I don't work for Valve >_<

Apologies, other than that feel free to add me on Steam. (Link to profile in my Neogaf profile page.)

Turfster

Also on another note . when is the autumn sales starting ?

Last year it started the 21st of november, chances are it's either the 18th or the 25th this year.
Halloween sale started the 29th of october last year, the 27th of october the year before, chances are it's the 28th this year.

lazybum

Neo Member
as a relative newcomer to PC/Steam gaming, I don't see how you guys have enough money left over for food and necessities. Seems like I've bought something from one sale or another every day the last week and a half.

Close to buying Gone Home today.

Copons

Games added to the Humble PC & Android 7 bundle:
  • Organ Trail
  • Broken Sword Director's Cut
  • Anomaly Korea (Android)
  • Ticket to Ride Europe DLC

Oh well, I'm only interested in Organ Trail and considering its theme, it should most likely go on sale during halloween (and it already has been at 0.99€ this summer).

Also, why the hell Anomaly Korea isn't ported to Steam? My phone sucks and I kinda like the first Anomaly (and already got Korea from a past bundle). :(

The_Monk

as a relative newcomer to PC/Steam gaming, I don't see how you guys have enough money left over for food and necessities. Seems like I've bought something from one sale or another every day the last week and a half.

The Steam games Library are the necessities. What is that "food" thing you are talking about? Get back to the real world, sir! ;)

I feel you, I'm mostly done with the sales, for now :/

Tellaerin

well the new stuff isn't included in the GOTY...so you be waiting quite a while.

That's why I said "wait for GOTY editions that include all the DLC". I figure that'll happen eventually, after they've run the DLC train into the ground and are ready to move onto the next title.

Would be funny if Gearbox released a GOTD (Game of the Decade) version of BL2 when they're REALLY done with all DLC. I can imagine Randy Pitchford being a big enough ass to do that.

Yeah, pretty much this. Though now I imagine him billing it as the "GOD-Tier Edition" (Game of Decade). >.>

This might be the wrong place to ask, but are Arkham Asylum CD keys redeemable on Steam yet? A friend of mine is gonna give me his copy so it'd be cool if I can get a Steam copy (of GOTY) out of it.

Grief.exe

When you first join Steam, you are acquiring games at a blistering rate. Eventually, you realize that you can wait on certain games to get cheaper, and you have acquired many of the best games of all time sitting in your backlog.

Then game purchases come in at a trickle.

Cth

Here's my leftovers from The Flying Bundle that I picked up yesterday. I thought I didn't have Clones but apparently I did! So it should work, but I apologize if it doesn't...

Any chance it was Beep, because the code sent is saying it's invalid.

lazybum

Neo Member
The Steam games Library are the necessities. What is that "food" thing you are talking about? Get back to the real world, sir! ;)

I feel you, I'm mostly done with the sales, for now :/
I keep telling myself I have to pace myself since I know these traditional big sales I always hear about are coming up, but all these shiny new toys are too tempting to resist.

I'm not to the phase where I regret not waiting and saving a few bucks on games that end up in other sales later on. Will be soon, though. Gone Home is the first time I'm wondering if I should wait and see if it gets down to $5 at some point this year.

Turfster

I keep telling myself I have to pace myself since I know these traditional big sales I always hear about are coming up, but all these shiny new toys are too tempting to resist.

I'm not to the phase where I regret not waiting and saving a few bucks on games that end up in other sales later on. Will be soon, though. Gone Home is the first time I'm wondering if I should wait and see if it gets down to $5 at some point this year.

The golden rule of steam is:
Are you going to play it immediately? No? Wait for the next big sale.
(This doesn't apply to bundles)

Grief.exe

This might be the wrong place to ask, but are Arkham Asylum CD keys redeemable on Steam yet? A friend of mine is gonna give me his copy so it'd be cool if I can get a Steam copy (of GOTY) out of it.

Nothing yet, I have a feeling they are waiting for a response from Microsoft. Apparently they are working on the issue though.

Also, tales from the Steam forums

4pJXaJ5.png

It happens to the best of us in the beginning. Best thing to do is budget $X for games and don't go over that. Things will go on sale again.

Or just buy all the games

Tellaerin

Seriously, unless it's something you must have now, wait for the big Steam sales. Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself over all the stuff you could've picked up with the money you've spent if you'd only waited. Not that I'd know or anything. >.> <.< >.>

It happens to the best of us in the beginning. Best thing to do is budget $X for games and don't go over that. Things will go on sale again.

Or just buy all the games

That only works if you're Saoirse Ronan JaseC.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
as a relative newcomer to PC/Steam gaming, I don't see how you guys have enough money left over for food and necessities. Seems like I've bought something from one sale or another every day the last week and a half..

I haven't been able to afford to eat since I had to give up adventuring. I took an arrow in the knee.

lazybum

Neo Member
yeah, I've already started looking at my still relatively small library and realizing it'll take months to get through what I have so far. Adding more games on top just lengthens that backlog.

Nothing yet, I have a feeling they are waiting for a response from Microsoft. Apparently they are working on the issue though.

Also, tales from the Steam forums

4pJXaJ5.png
Alright, hopefully it gets announced one way or another in the near future. That bit from the forums... Now I remember why I usually don't bother with them.

The_Monk

Halloween Sale is coming very soon fellow GAFfer, just wait a little more. There will be Daily Deals, Flash deals and so on. I hope you can manage to get your game for the best price. :)

random

Sorry fellow lurkers, this is more of a thank you to the guys that are active in the thread.

If the system notifies you if you are blocked from entering: I used 'Blacklist', I did not block anyone manually. It means someone has you permanently blocked.

edit: haha it took me 10 minutes to write the two lines above, now it's a real flash raffle.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Organ Trail: Director's Cut Steam key -- MB-0FD8EC36FA9AD0B1 - Taken by Anustart. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut Steam key -- MB-4D08BEEE03DF16FC - Taken by DexterPepper. 1 entrants total.

t1382467684z1.png

Turfster

yeah, I've already started looking at my still relatively small library and realizing it'll take months to get through what I have so far. Adding more games on top just lengthens that backlog.
We'll talk again after the winter sale.
Trust me, it's like a fever your first time...

BadRamen

Just let it happen. Don't think of your backlog as work, but rather as a badge of honor.

Freezard

As much as I liked Dead Space, I'm wondering why you would want to buy the soundtrack since it's just ambient music really. I mean even the main theme is something you won't remember.

Grief.exe

I hope the Batman games are Finnish.

I only buy Finnish developed games. Some people would call that racism, I would agree.

Then you are done. Only buy games you are very excited about and will play right that moment.

jediyoshi

Saints Row 4 DLC

Enter The Dominatrix is out today on Xbox 360 and PS3 for North America, and on PC & consoles worldwide tomorrow!

The scheduled Steam release time on Wednesday is 2 AM Pacific, 10 AM BST, 11 AM CET. Are you ready for the crazy?

Eh

nexen

Anodyne is worth the dollar.

I have a growing love for Anodyne.

It is a very atmosphere game, which is impressive considering the rough hewn pixel art, and the mechanics are solid enough. But the real draw for me is that the more I play it the more I feel like I'm literally wandering through the game designer's subconscious mind. I don't know if it is true or not but the entire game seems to be completely unplanned. It feels like a stream of consciousness exercise focused down into a Zelda clone. Really unique.

As much as I liked Dead Space, I'm wondering why you would want to buy the soundtrack since it's just ambient music really. I mean even the main theme is something you won't remember.

There's a lot of people who likes to buy videogame soundtracks like, I bought Dead Space OST a long time ago, and I like it.

BruteUA

If the system notifies you if you are blocked from entering: I used 'Blacklist', I did not block anyone manually. It means someone has you permanently blocked.

I was basing my interpretation of the blacklist using only the ModBot instructions post in the OP. But then I went searching and found a Stump post that further elaborated on it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80477717&postcount=15185
- If multiple users (I'll leave this intentionally vague) use the PERMABLOCK to block someone, they are flagged as a troublesome user. It would be theoretically be possible for me to manually flag someone as well, but I don't plan on doing so because I believe in democracy. The BLACKLIST rule will automatically block any such user from your giveaways without even knowing who they are. There's really no reason not to use the BLACKLIST rule with every giveaway.

I didn't know about that "multiple users" part, and now the whole thing feels better. ModBot remains a nice thing we can have.

BruteUA

Saints Row 4 DLC

Eh

I hate saying it, but I played through it on the 360 this morning. I'm not sure what my expectations were going in, but it was incredibly short. I don't know if my Boss being max leveled made it worse, or if I'm just wrong on how much content a sub-$10 DLC should be packing.

Anustart

Sorry fellow lurkers, this is more of a thank you to the guys that are active in the thread.

edit: haha it took me 10 minutes to write the two lines above, now it's a real flash raffle.

Thank you sir :3 I've been wanting to play this thing since I found out it existed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Firsties!

Dat Jase hall of shame tho :p

One of these days my post count will catch up to my game count. :p

Such a classy OT, Monsieur Orange - as always. Very sharp.

Looking forward to sharing the highs, the lows, and the surprises with you fine people of SteamGAF for another 20,000 posts - may it bring a bunch of sales, much friendly banter, and many Saoirse avatars.

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

Dark Souls £5.00 http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dark-Souls---Prepare-to-Die-Edition-3308-25.html Never bought anything there but the site where I got that deal from said that as far as they know Gamesplanet is an official reseller.

I pre-ordered Skyrim way back when and had no issues. I was going to mention that one can pick up a Prey key on the cheap from the very seem store, but it seems stock was finite. :(

Sorry, no result found for &#8220;Prey&#8221;
Please try again or browse through our catalogue below
----------

Impulsive purchasing habits vindicated. ;)

JaseC I need you~

Sorry I'm late to this, but Spotflux for the US and FlyVPN's free service for everywhere else (I most recently used the latter to activate my Football Manager 2012 Russian key).

JaseC will be pleased.

Squeenix went up a notch in my book. ;)

Daily: Guardians of Middle Earth 50% off
Midweek:
  • Gone Home 50% off
  • Sir, you are being hunted 50% off

Bah, the ME isn't discounted. :(

And Sayid is gone. Permaban?

Perma-bans resulting in avatars disappearing is just an urban legend.

Edit: Oh, and nice OP! I knew I forgot to add something. ;)

ngt

Guys what should I expect regarding Steam sales? We're getting three, right? Halloween Sale, Thanksgiving Sale and Winter Sale.
How long are the first two usually? Any approximate dates maybe?

random

I was basing my interpretation of the blacklist using only the ModBot instructions post in the OP. But then I went searching and found a Stump post that further elaborated on it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80477717&postcount=15185

I didn't know about that "multiple users" part, and now the whole thing feels better. ModBot remains a nice thing we can have.

I felt a little weird for using the blacklist, it sounded like it may be easy to abuse by someone vindictive. Thank you for posting the clarification.

I don't know most of the posters here very well, so the idea of "community policing" seemed handy.

Turfster

Bah, the ME isn't discounted. :(
It was discounted in the GMG Guardians of Middle Earth sale I posted... yesterday? day before? Of course, that still made it like 40€
Guys what should I expect regarding Steam sales? We're getting three, right? Halloween Sale, Thanksgiving Sale and Winter Sale.
How long are the first two usually? Any approximate dates maybe?

Scroll up like... 5 posts for a quote of the probable dates for the Halloween and Thanksgiving sales. (Actually, Thanksgiving might be the 20th instead of the 2 dates I listed...) Both sales usually last a week.

The winter sale will probably start the 20th and last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom