• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

So, how much fear there is in those FEAR games?

I mean, I'm not really into horror games (like, if now my cat jump me from the back I'm probably gonna shit my pants) but maybe that's more an FPS with some jump scares and a dumb acronym than an actual horror game...

I had motion sickness playing the series, but from what I remember there's mostly jump scares. It seemed more like a military shooter with supernatural elements added.

Here's a video of some of FEAR 3's jump scares to help evaluate if it's for you or not:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFLMz70LIdY

ekim

It does not matter where you play or how. When you play or with who you play with. In a chair or a comfy couch. To be honest doesn't even matter if you play on another platform.

It also does not matter you have a high end elite PC, a humble desktop or you play in your laptop. What matters is that you have to have fun and you need to have a great time in here.

Expect gaming talking, sales talk, Steam Library talk and much more. Expect a group of friendly people willing to help you with your questions regarding a game or other problems, expect high levels of hype during Steam sales, expect to be happy and proud of a Community who stands together and grows stronger every day and that cares about each other. Expect all that in here and you will have a wonderful time fellow GAFfer.

It's always heart warming to read your well-spoken posts. :)
You are one of the most polite people in here.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I actually don't have uPlay or GFWL installed on my PC fellow GAFfers, it's like I'm missing some sort of experience? *runs*
Driver: San Francisco is nothing short of amazing, so I'd say yes.

Blood Dragon seems to be really cool too, but it runs like shit on my current PC (even with everything at min), so I'm waiting until I get a new one before I play it.

Hawkie

It does not matter where you play or how. When you play or with who you play with. In a chair or a comfy couch. To be honest doesn't even matter if you play on another platform.

It also does not matter you have a high end elite PC, a humble desktop or you play in your laptop. What matters is that you have to have fun and you need to have a great time in here.

Expect gaming talking, sales talk, Steam Library talk and much more. Expect a group of friendly people willing to help you with your questions regarding a game or other problems, expect high levels of hype during Steam sales, expect to be happy and proud of a Community who stands together and grows stronger every day and that cares about each other. Expect all that in here and you will have a wonderful time fellow GAFfer.

The_Monk nails it once again. Thanks buddy.

Hagi

Anyone like a code for Arkham Asylum? I bought it when it was on sale on steam a few weeks ago so i have a spare code from the Humble Bundle.

We are starting a new beta which includes the following changes:

General
Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
Add 'Copy all text to clipboard' context menu option in the System Information dialog.

Steam client UI
Improve downloading status text at the bottom of the main window

Big Picture
Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
Fix infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn't moved

Linux
Fix paste pasting stale text.
Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.

I cannot believe this day has finally come.

I'm going to miss embarrassing myself by sending the wrong links to people all the time.

Exuro

I cannot believe this day has finally come.

I'm going to miss embarrassing myself by sending the wrong links to people all the time.
Good to see more features for downloading. Hopefully they plan on having an option to shutdown/sleep when download is finished.

tylergregg

Neo Member
You're welcome. Please let me know if it doesn't activate okay on Steam. I used a fellow GAFer as a guinea pig for a couple of email links and they went through okay but since they removed GFWL from this game there have been issues in getting Steam to activate the game apparently. So if you could let me know how you get on one way or the other I'd be grateful :).

Seems to be working fine.

Derrick01

Banned
Jesus humble bundle did you make me go through enough steps just to redeem a gift? Surprised it didn't ask for my social security number and a fingerprint too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You cheapass who want FEAR keys, just answer to this question that maybe there is something for you! :D
I already have them, but I'll bite anyway (in regards to the question). The first game has a superb atmosphere, and some genuinely scary moments. It doesn't rely (much) on jump scares, it's psychological horror. The game may present you with weird noises and such to make you feel nervous and uncomfortable for the rest of the level, only to see that nothing happened after all. Then you get confident and... yeah, it's amazing.

The sequel is excellent too. It's a bit more action-oriented, but it still has its moments of brilliance. The third game... nah, I refuse to keep sounding like a broken record. This time I'm not going to say anything bad about it, which means I'll shut up right now.

EDIT: I just remembered a (stupid) thing that happened a little over an hour ago. I got off the bus when I reached my stop, coming back from work, and I see this woman with her daughter walking. Then I heard her calling the child's name: Alma. I guess there's no need explaining what came to my mind in that very moment, lol

FloatOn

Pinball Arcade is really really good.

Weird that the dlc isn't on steam page but apparently there is some way you can buy it.

It's 30 dollars for a "season" of which there are 2. To get the whole shebang it would net you quite a bit of content but as much as I love pinball there is no fucking way I'm spending 60 dollars on it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pinball Arcade is really really good.

Weird that the dlc isn't on steam page but apparently there is some way you can buy it.

It's 30 dollars for a "season" of which there are 2. To get the whole shebang it would net you quite a bit of content but as much as I love pinball there is no fucking way I'm spending 60 dollars on it.
I already have Pinball FX2 with a bunch of tables bought. Is there any reason why I would want Pinball Arcade too?

ZeroXZee

I have no idea if I'm doing this right; went digging and found all the keys I hadn't used.

Be forewarned, while most of those keys should be fine, I might have given away one or two, but I think it's all good.

Got Magika and Crusader King II, thanks a bunch! :)

Since the last person that won the raffle already had the game, they told me to do it again.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Batman: Arkham Asylum -- MB-610D3832537A4250 - Taken by mannerbot. 7 entrants total.

t1383695673z1.png

Hagi

I want it if you still have it

Sorry it's gone.

It's sneaked up on me just how many games i now own on Steam. After this Humble Bundle I'm up to 55 which might not sound like a lot to some of the more seasoned members but to me it's pretty mental. I've only been a PC gamer for a year and i own more games on Steam than i do PS3..

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Not sure what the best way to go about this is with the new way Humble Bundle is doing gifts, but quote for Fear 2, Fear 3, and Batman AA

FloatOn

I already have Pinball FX2 with a bunch of tables bought. Is there any reason why I would want Pinball Arcade too?

Well Pinball Arcade uses real tables for one and also it seems that the physics are much more accurate.

Which isn't to say Pinball FX2 is bad it's that it's a more "arcade" take on the genre whereas Pinball arcade is more of a "simulation" title.

PS - Some of the real table include rad licensed properties such as: Terminator 2, Twilight Zone and Star Trek

Copons

Yo thanks everybody for the heads up on FEAR!

I watched part of the video of FEAR 3 someone posted, and it was a big long NOPE.
Maaaan, will I ever outgrow my ancestral fear of horror games that started with the first 10 minutes of Silent Hill 2? :'(

Anyway, right now I so not lucid to figure out how to ModBot those new Humble gift links, so tomorrow I'm gonna raffle FEAR 2 and 3 (also to favor EU fellas, too much ostracized by your damn american timezones :D ).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well Pinball Arcade uses real tables for one and also it seems that the physics are much more accurate.

Which isn't to say Pinball FX2 is bad it's that it's a more "arcade" take on the genre whereas Pinball arcade is more of a "simulation" title.

PS - Some of the real table include rad licensed properties such as: Terminator 2, Twilight Zone and Star Trek
Pinball Arcade sounds interesting (especially the real tables), but since I suck at pinball one game is probably enough for me. Don't feel like spending 30 bucks on tables :/

Yo thanks everybody for the heads up on FEAR!

I watched part of the video of FEAR 3 someone posted, and it was a big long NOPE.
Maaaan, will I ever outgrow my ancestral fear of horror games that started with the first 10 minutes of Silent Hill 2? :'(

Anyway, right now I so not lucid to figure out how to ModBot those new Humble gift links, so tomorrow I'm gonna raffle FEAR 2 and 3 (also to favor EU fellas, too much ostracized by your damn american timezones :D ).
Oh no no, you should still play F.E.A.R. 2 (after the first one, of course). Face your fears, and play the game!

(pun not totally unintended)

The_Monk

I was waiting for RionaaM to give some F.E.A.R advice, glad I was not disappointed. :p

Also, I'm curious if it will work with a Controller, at least F.E.A.R 2 but I guess M&KB is the way (I'm bad with those, sometimes).

maty

Thanks DocSeuss for Showdown Effect.

Have a few keys to give away myself but I need to dig through my emails. I'll probably do it over the weekend.

Cth

Heh, it's been a while since I got to experience the rush for the bottom for prices on Steam cards.

First check -- no one was selling the card. Refresh, it was going for $5. Refresh, its $3. Again, it's $1. Now it's .50

:D

nexen

Pinball Arcade sounds interesting (especially the real tables), but since I suck at pinball one game is probably enough for me. Don't feel like spending 30 bucks on tables :/
Pinball Arcade is far superior, no matter your skill level.
Download it and try it out - one table is free and the rest are all there in demo mode (limited scoring).

edit: I *learned* how to play pinball on this company's sims. I only really got into playing real pinball after I was hooked on FarSight's Gottlieb collection and Williams Hall of Fame.

Stitch

Gold Member
My account is now banned for 60 minutes for trying Graw,RS,Endwar,and Chaos Theory codes lol.

Same here. That's really dumb. So if you buy a game and can't read the code correctly they just ban your account for an hour.

Is F.E.A.R. 2 the one with the World's Most Amazing Shotgun?

No that's 1. The weapons and hit reactions in 2 are pretty lame. I enjoyed 3 more than 2 but meh, I'm weird.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was waiting for RionaaM to give some F.E.A.R advice, glad I was not disappointed. :p

Also, I'm curious if it will work with a Controller, at least F.E.A.R 2 but I guess M&KB is the way (I'm bad with those, sometimes).
Sorry if you guys are tired of my rants about them, I'm just trying to help whoever hasn't played them yet :(

No idea if they work with a controller. I always play FPSs with K&M, and TPSs too (Kane & Lynch 1 in local co-op and the new Tomb Raider were the exceptions). Want me to check? I have all of them installed.

Is F.E.A.R. 2 the one with the World's Most Amazing Shotgun?
Nope, that's the first one. To be honest, I don't remember too much about the sequel, so a replay is probably overdue.

But I was always a fan of the HV Penetrator, anyway. So good.

Pinball Arcade is far superior, no matter your skill level.
Download it and try it out - one table is free and the rest are all there in demo mode (limited scoring).

edit: I *learned* how to play pinball on this company's sims. I only really got into playing real pinball after I was hooked on FarSight's Gottlieb collection and Williams Hall of Fame.
I will then, thanks. I'd love to learn how to play pinball properly, but it's too hard. That and bullet hell shooters are genres that always interested me, but which I always sucked at.

okayfrog

Banned
No that's 1. The weapons and hit reactions in 2 are pretty lame. I enjoyed 3 more than 2 but meh, I'm weird.

Ahh, that sounds pretty weak. I played the first game for the first time last year and loved the dismemberment. Just felt so good blowing someone apart with a shotgun. Haven't gotten around to 2 or 3 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom