• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

Tease.

I did that too but a fellow GAFer was able to redeem the gaems I gave him the urls for so don't be a meanie!

I never had an URL! now with the OAuth thing when you click on the button they're just added to your collection. Well now they're there anyway, so if I want to transfer them I'd have to ask Steam Support.

Unrelated: I have a very small favor to ask of you fellow GAFfers, if you're willing to help me? I am in the process of selecting a name for a game I'm working on, and I'd like to "test" a few ideas. If you'd like to help me with that, could you please send me a PM and I'll reply with the current candidates, so you can tell me what you think :)

Hawkie

Had a bit of a clear out today of keys and games I had stashed away (added about 80 games to my own account), gave some away and here's the remainder:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-F2D41A2A64F21AA0 - Taken by AkuMifune
Trine 2 -- MB-8EC972BF3C903F9C - Taken by dante81
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-47A5487EB4630F3B - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Bastion -- MB-194656B6E8892B53 - Taken by LiquidSolid
Razor 2 Hidden Skies -- MB-43FBEA27027B8C06 - Taken by drizzle
Half Life 2 -- MB-27B920F80AAD8903 - Taken by DXLelouch153
Hotline Miami -- MB-291E1822468FAB31 - Taken by Faabulous
Critter Crunch -- MB-5F3A9F373B1CE284 - Taken by louiedog
Sine Mora -- MB-3A8B071FBEC09C84 - Taken by Tellaerin
Just Cause 2 -- MB-8AC196198F9566FC - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yes, this. He's all "GREAT RAO!" and I'm all "dude, cut the crap, you've never been to Krypton" and he's all "but but but..." whatever. It's one of the reasons I'm annoyed by people who write him interacting with other superheroes. Quite often, they call him Kal. I'm pretty sure none of the people I've known who were adopted when very, very young think of themselves as their birth names. He's Clark. He's a Kansas farmboy. He was born in Kansas (because any other origin story is lame; the one where he was gestated in the space ship was awesome).

Oh god yes. I didn't want to go into it because it's enough of a derail, but other characters calling him Kal affectionately is the most annoying thing in any Superman story.

It makes me wish there was an Elseworlds story where Ma and PA Kent were just fucking with young Clark and had made up every single thing about him being from Krypton. The reveal when they're all like, "You gullible flake. Your identity is so malleable you'll believe anything if it is delivered in scrap-metal spaceship form" would be amazing.

As someone who has finished the first 2 DS ones, the iPhone one and Unlimited, I can't help but feel that it's a great move. Just got my housemate hooked in Unlimited now! Mwahaha.

Really need to get on Unmasked soon. Hoping there will be a sliver off on one of the next sales.

I finished the first DS game and gave Unlimited a try because I'd been told it was improved. It is improved, but I still found it incredibly boring and, eventually, incredibly repetitive. Even with all the additional adjectives, you still solve most puzzles with something along the lines of "Jetpack + Gun."

But to each their own, obviously. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who enjoy the game and then decided to buy Unmasked.

The_Monk

Unrelated: I have a very small favor to ask of you fellow GAFfers, if you're willing to help me? I am in the process of selecting a name for a game I'm working on, and I'd like to "test" a few ideas. If you'd like to help me with that, could you please send me a PM and I'll reply with the current candidates, so you can tell me what you think :)

Anything I can do to help a good GAFfer. Count me in if I can somehow help you.

AkuMifune

Banned
Had a bit of a clear out today of keys and games I had stashed away (added about 80 games to my own account), gave some away and here's the remainder:

Sweet! Thanks. I tried Mark of the Ninja on the 360 when it first came out and it just left a meh in my mouth. But all the talk since has me wondering if I was wrong. Again. As I often am.

Will give it a worthy go now.

I never had an URL! now with the OAuth thing when you click on the button they're just added to your collection. Well now they're there anyway, so if I want to transfer them I'd have to ask Steam Support.

Oh I see, sorry.

Eanan

Arkham City Giveaway

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman AC: GOTY -- MB-7C9638853BEB77D4 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 10 entrants total.

t1383692114z1.png

Okay, after much problems I finally got this working. I actually dropped some keys but will giving them later on.. also I planned this giveaway to be much bigger - however I had to give some to my friends. However don't worry I'm planning to another at least similar sized giveaway when I get more keys. So this is my way of saying thanks GAF, you're the best. As I've said earlier I'm a long time reader but now I have become a GAFaddict, I always read what's on GAF when I wake up and it has become my go-to forum where I can read the latest gaming news and have a laugh as you guys have some very best gif-makers here.

tl;dr, here is the giveaway

Awesome giveaway!

Melted77

I never used uplay before and haven't heard good things about it, but I guess there's a first time for everything. Downloaing it now

I somehow had an existing account that was linked to my Xbox account. Can't complain about free I guess.

edit. Looks like I got locked out of my uplay account for 60 minutes for too many false activations.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Aren't those UBISOFT keys to use on the game itself?

Wasn't there some Poland Magazine giving a SHITLOAD of Ubisoft keys as well for free? I have a couple of them that aren't redeemable anywhere, but they're valid keys as long as you register them in game.

ekim

Edit: seems like those don't work anymore
All these games were full games hat came with magazine. Some of these full version are many years old.

louiedog

New Steam beta client feature seems useful

"Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps "

I spent my last little extra "fun money" on a Wii Balance Board today but I'm debating going a tiny bit over and getting a Humble Bundle for Batman: AC.

It's been over a decade since I've had to be careful with money, it's not fun.

But owning a house is boss, so whatever.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's good to see so new people coming into SteamGAF. Such a good community of helpful folks we have.

I finished the first DS game and gave Unlimited a try because I'd been told it was improved. It is improved, but I still found it incredibly boring and, eventually, incredibly repetitive. Even with all the additional adjectives, you still solve most puzzles with something along the lines of "Jetpack + Gun."

But to each their own, obviously. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who enjoy the game and then decided to buy Unmasked.

Well, that's a bit of the trick to the game. The more you put into it, say by putting restrictions on it forcing yourself to be more creative than just "Jetpack + gun", the more you can get out of it.

It also becomes a much better game if you have a small child with you telling you what to create to try and solve things. I may not find it to be the best game, but with my daughter I can certainty have a good fun hour with it once a week.

ekim

It's good to see so new people coming into SteamGAF. Such a good community of helpful folks we have.
I'm glad I came here. I was basically just gaming on consoles until 3 weeks ago when I decided to build a PC for my living room instead of buying a next gen console. There is soooooo much more love in here than in the console threads. :eek:

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I've never even used uplay at all. Debating whether to even bother for a few free games.

Is modbot functioning with the humble gift urls?

epaturun

I'm glad I came here. I was basically just gaming on consoles until 3 weeks ago when I decided to build a PC for my living room instead of buying a next gen console. There is soooooo much more love in here than in the console threads. :eek:

I was the same couple of months ago, only problem with these threads is the amount of posts it takes to catch up if you are away from your machine - need Google Glasses to keep upto date - but it full of brill knowledge and very helpful

Copons

You cheapass who want FEAR keys, just answer to this question that maybe there is something for you! :D

So, how much fear there is in those FEAR games?

I mean, I'm not really into horror games (like, if now my cat jump me from the back I'm probably gonna shit my pants) but maybe that's more an FPS with some jump scares and a dumb acronym than an actual horror game...

Grief.exe

This next-gen threads are horrible.

Fallacies, yelling about resolution, arguing which launch titles are better.

Meanwhile in the Steam thread, just discussing awesome games. Apparently, we have been in the next generation since 2010.

The_Monk

It does not matter where you play or how. When you play or with who you play with. In a chair or a comfy couch. To be honest doesn't even matter if you play on another platform.

It also does not matter you have a high end elite PC, a humble desktop or you play in your laptop. What matters is that you have to have fun and you need to have a great time in here.

Expect gaming talking, sales talk, Steam Library talk and much more. Expect a group of friendly people willing to help you with your questions regarding a game or other problems, expect high levels of hype during Steam sales, expect to be happy and proud of a Community who stands together and grows stronger every day and that cares about each other. Expect all that in here and you will have a wonderful time fellow GAFfer.

epaturun

either Uplay servers are getting hammered or this service is poor, I'm getting modem speed of 29kB/s for the uplay update - I'm on a very decent broadband line

Turfster

You cheapass who want FEAR keys, just answer to this question that maybe there is something for you! :D

The first one had some genuinely scary moments back when I played it. Not just the jump scare variety, but also the more psychological scary kind. I'd give it a quick spin, but I lost my disc ages ago. I keep telling myself I need to rebuy it on steam, but I always forget =p

I don't remember much of the second one and never played the third, so I can't help you there.

from what i know its atmospheric scare tactics, ghosts, weird ass ghost powers,and jump scares sometimes
its kind of like outlast with ghosts
least thats what id compare it too
though atleast FEAR has girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom