• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Shelter -- MB-D1BACB306B2F746C

t1383811860z1.png

Groupees.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, it turns out that the online system really IS the reason they're not keen on porting it to PC. The producer of the game stated that in an interview
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...to-accept-turn-based-rpgs-from-now-on/?page=3

That just sounds like "comfy couch" or "PCs are for spreadsheets" to me. Plus, the interview was published before Capcom confirmed and then un-confirmed a PC port.

Muchas gracias por el call de juarez!

Enjoy. :) Assuming it plays nicely with modern systems, that is :p

My take on it is DLC is almost never worth playing through, I would much rather have a game available on PC that currently isn't available digitally.
After a gen of this stuff I'm inclined to agree. I always find it hard to go back to games to play through DLC installments, and usually when I'm late to the party and get a version of the game with all the DLC I find it hard to motivate myself to play them after doing the core content, I've just had my fill.

I've owned Missing Link for a year now at least and only played it for the first time in Director's Cut when they made it part of the actual game. All it really does is destroy the pacing of the game by introducing this tangential story with a different structure, so I'm not satisfied either way.

jediyoshi

My take on it is DLC is almost never worth playing through, I would much rather have a game available on PC that currently isn't available digitally.

Availability in the sense of where and how it's distributed is one thing. Availability in the sense that something is incomplete makes it inferior to me as a result, practically regardless of quality. It'd be like if they ported over Dragon's Dogma now but left out DA for whatever reason.

Sajjaja

Availability in the sense of where and how it's distributed is one thing. Availability in the sense that something is incomplete makes it inferior to me as a result, practically regardless of quality. It'd be like if they ported over Dragon's Dogma now but left out DA for whatever reason.

I'd rather have DD with no DA than no DD at all.

Hasney

Decided to grab the Warner bundle, so if WB ever gracefully allows us retail Arkham Asylum owning peasants to redeem the keys on Steam, it looks like we'll be having a very sensual giveaway.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Groupeespares:

A big super electronic thank you.

Groupees.

A wonderful giveaway.

That just sounds like "comfy couch" or "PCs are for spreadsheets" to me.

Is it wrong one of the first things I want to try with the Steam Controller is see how well it works with spreadsheets? They said it can replicate anything a mouse can do and work well, I just want to test that out.

JaseC

Thank you kindly for Shelter, JaseC.
A big super electronic thank you.

No worries. :)

Is it wrong one of the first things I want to try with the Steam Controller is see how well it works with spreadsheets? They said it can replicate anything a mouse can do and work well, I just want to test that out.

"Can I use the Steam Controller to play Football Manager?" is a question burning at the back of everybody's mind.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I MISSED OUT COJ!

Haha, unlucky, especially considering it's locked behind the bundle's $5 tier.

Groupees Be Mine X is live:

$1: Electronic Super Joy + OST, Shelter, Last Knight

$5: All $1 games plus Call of Juarez, Face Noir, Legends of Dawn, Finding Teddy, and a yet unnamed mystery game

Nice, groupees really is the number 2 now. Also, COJ, Electronic Super Joy and Face Noir have cards. Finding Teddy and Last Knight have also been greenlit, so a steam key will come at some point.

JaseC

Meanwhile, "how can I pick up the Czechoslovakian version of Football Manager?' Is burning in Jase's

I've made a list of the Football Managers I need to track down. I might order 2011 Korean soon, just in case stock is very limited, and then wait until the Winter Sale is over before picking up the rest. I've looked high and low but can't find any Korean stores offering 2009/2010.

I've made a list of the Football Managers I need to track down. I might order 2011 Korean soon, just in case stock is very limited, and then wait until the Winter Sale is over before picking up the rest. I've looked high and low but can't find any Korean stores offering 2009/2010.

As a matter of curiosity, if you have multiple copies of FM2013 from different regions would you be eligible for multiple trading card drops?

Sajjaja

I-think-i-have-a-problem.gif

JaseC

As a matter of curiosity, if you have multiple copies of FM2013 from different regions would you be eligible for multiple trading card drops?

Doesn't look like it.

Yeah, my problem is that the Turkish apps aren't tied to any public subs. :( No FM 201x Turkish for me. Still, though, there's:

FM 2011 Korean
FM 2012 Korean
FM 2013 Asia
FM 2013 Korean
FM 2013 Russian
FM 2014 ROW (I thought about pre-purchasing the game for the beta, but once I realised it wasn't a separate app, I lost interest.)
FM 2014 Russian

$5: All $1 games plus Call of Juarez, Face Noir, Legends of Dawn, Finding Teddy, and a yet unnamed mystery game

Thanks. Will sit on it I think and see what the bonus comes up as.

Card Boy

Banned

379ch.gif

JaseC

Is it really? (><)

2012 isn't tied to any subs at all and 2013 is just included in a couple of Sega employee subs and a couple of early access subs. :( I might roll the dice on 2013, though, since this thread suggests there was a Turkish-specific sub on Steam at one point, so perhaps retail keys will activate one of the aforementioned EA subs.

When aliens invade Earth and the only thing that can prevent the extinction of the human race is various region-specific Steam editions of Football Manager, you'll thank me!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
When aliens invade Earth and the only thing that can prevent the extinction of the human race is various region-specific Steam editions of Football Manager, you'll thank me!

Until a twist in the plot occurs and it turns out it was a Addictive Games/Kevin Toms Football Manager we needed all along.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Doesn't look like it.

Yeah, my problem is that the Turkish apps aren't tied to any public subs. :( No FM 201x Turkish for me. Still, though, there's:

FM 2011 Korean
FM 2012 Korean
FM 2013 Asia
FM 2013 Korean
FM 2013 Russian
FM 2014 ROW (I thought about pre-purchasing the game for the beta, but once I realised it wasn't a separate app, I lost interest.)
FM 2014 Russian

You sir, are truly a industry defender. How you are able to still afford food let alone live I'll never understand.

Keep doing ya thing playa
thumb-is-up.gif

Jase are you secretly the richest man in the world?

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Technology-wise, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Long story, short. My computer BSOD'ed and absolutely would not load into Windows (7 Pro). Not even Safe Mode. After considerable troubleshooting here is where I'm at. In order to get the system to "stably" function (before even loading the OS) I have to disable 4 of the 6 cores of the CPU in the BIOS.

This allows my system to load Windows and function semi-normally. The system does not BSOD, nor will it reset itself. It will run indefinitely this way, but with odd program crashes.

Browsers load fine and general surfing is fine, however, both Firefox and Internet Explorer will crash going to Youtube.com. Embedded videos from Youtube will play fine. Opera and Chrome both work fine on Youtube.com.

Viewing jpgs is fine, pngs will crash the picture viewer. They will load fine in Paint.

Things I can work around, except...

Steam immediately crashes.

And it's going to be a few weeks before a rebuild can be budgeted in.

Sorry, had to vent.

How about a giveaway?

Here's what you need to know. There are 4 copies of The Showdown Effect and 1 copy of Civilization V. Feel free to try for all 5. :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Curtain Number 1 -- MB-EF868163081386E8 - Taken by Faabulous. 3 entrants total.
Curtain Number 3 -- MB-96C13E5CA58F7077 - Taken by Gez. 4 entrants total.
Curtain Number 2 -- MB-983080BFEDF1FAB1 - Taken by Deques. 5 entrants total.
Curtain Number 5 -- MB-848AEB81FC8F4624 - Taken by Cth. 7 entrants total.
Curtain Number 4 -- MB-4B736A3987B1ED20 - Taken by kevin1025. 6 entrants total.

t1383736845z1.png

You sir, are truly a industry defender. How you are able to still afford food let alone live I'll never understand.

The whole point of steam is games do not cost that much. Even then, I have friends who will happily go out and spend $100 on alcohol a couple of times a week. Collecting games as a hobby seems a lot more sensible to me.

JaseC

The whole point of steam is games do not cost that much. Even then, I have friends who will happily go out and spend $100 on alcohol a couple of times a week. Collecting games as a hobby seems a lot more sensible to me.

Even buying EOL retail copies isn't particularly expensive (I think I paid jshackles $8 or so for Star Trek DAC), although 007 Legends cost me about $38 and FM 2011/2012 Korean are going to set me back ~$22 each (I'm hoping 2013 drops in price over the next couple of months).

wazoo

games register at steam or desura. I hate when only exe files are given, that is a good way of losing track of what they are.

Coldsun

Banned
better question is has Capcpom even explained anything?
as far as I know - they didn't.
I'm still waiting for explanation why we can't have Dragon's Dogma on PC.

Now that you mention, the lack of Dragon's Dogma is somewhat perplexing. The lack of Monster Hunter online in the west also seems to go against what I'd assume would be easy money.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Awwww yiss. Just got a Watch Your Step foil for Stealth Bastard Deluxe, only one other card on the market and it's on at £10.75. Doubt anyone will pay that much for it, but I can hope!

Arthea

Because the online pawn system wouldn't work properly without financing it, or something.

I'd take the game without it in a heartbeat.

Was it their official answer? (><)
I've seen this posted couple of times but don't know the source.

I would take optimised DD with good framerate on PC, who wouldn't?

kurahador

You guys remember when steam had this little contest during summer sale where the winner will get full steam library?

I hope JaseC wins that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom