• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there anybody from BrazilGAF here who can help me buy this? Somebody offered a week or two ago but I can't remember who. :(

todaysthedayifjxk.jpg

Hawkie

Finished the final chapter of The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief.

Overall a very good PnC (higher overall quality than the vast majority of PnCs in recent years). The main highlights are the story, soundtrack,voice acting+translation and the unique perspective the story is told from in chapters 2 and 3 (don't really want to give any more away than that). The game starts quite slowly but improves every chapter with a very strong ending which will keep many guessing right till the closing credits pretty much.

Raven does suffer from a few setbacks such as dodgy pathing, some broken animations and little to no feedback on the score system (which only affects the level of the achievement you receive at the end of each chapter). If you can see past those cosmetic problems then I would say that the game is one of the best PnC games I've played in a number of years and actually tries to do something a little bit different in terms of story telling in chapters2 and 3 that I really enjoyed. Total playtime 10-12 hrs. Definitely recommended.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Awwww yiss. Just got a Watch Your Step foil for Stealth Bastard Deluxe, only one other card on the market and it's on at £10.75. Doubt anyone will pay that much for it, but I can hope!

Holy crap, I just got a second Watch Your Step foil in a row. I will now not talk about cards, but instead what I plan to buy with all that card money (Brazilian Greenlight submission fee licences)

Cth

Holy crap, I just got a second Watch Your Step foil in a row. I will now not talk about cards, but instead what I plan to buy with all that card money (Brazilian Greenlight submission fee licences)

Congrats!

I think I received a foil once, long ago. I think it went for cents in the end :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
thread hijack: HIGH FIVE for considering A Trick of the Tail as your favorite Genesis album - it's mine too. It's pretty much perfect.

On the other hand - NOPE @ WCD. I love some of the songs in there, but there are others that are forgettable or, even worse, terrible. Anyway, Fading Lights is a tremendous song and a fitting swan song for the Phil-era.

Carry on, gentlemen.
Music derail is best derail, so I'll indulge. We're going to Community either way :p

I hate how the 2007 remaster ruined the feel of "Dance on a volcano" and "Entangled" (one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written, according to some experts like myself). Apparently they changed something in the mix and upped the volume of drums, guitar and bass, while burying the keyboards in the background. That makes the whole ending of the latter sound much worse than before; the volume seems to have been normalized too, instead of increasing at the climax. I admit "Squonk" sounds great though, more powerful than ever, but what was done to the previous tracks is unforgivable.

For me, We Can't Dance has only one song I think is boring and don't like listening to: "Hold on my heart". It's repetitive and plain, and it has no place among songs that rock as much as "No son of mine", "Living forever", "I can't dance" and "Way of the world" do. Then there's "Tell me way", which I don't care much about, but don't dislike, and "Dreaming while you sleep", of which I really like the lyrics but the music not too much. The rest is fantastic, I think.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Congrats!

I think I received a foil once, long ago. I think it went for cents in the end :D

I've had a couple of foils before that have been similarly worthless, I think I had one that went at around £3 early in the beta, but this is the first time where I've had some that might actually help me buy some games. Of course, all the other foils for the game have had the race to the bottom so it's unlikely that I'll end up getting anywhere near that much for them, especially as the game's been in a bundle, but still. I can dream of funding the next Steam sale, can't I?

JaseC

I could, but that is a bit steep. If i am to do that, you would have to wait until december, so I don't blow my credit card limit.

That's okay, I'll wait for Drizzle to rise from his grave. ;)

Only 1 recommendation? wtf man.. get that number up :p

That would require playing games. :p

Is it cheapest in Brazil?

Yeah, it's ~USD$75 versus ~USD$100+ everywhere else, including Eastern Europe.

JaseC recommends Max Payne FR: "I really enjoy seeing this game in my list of games"

Football Manager 2011 Korean: "I've never played it, and even if I wanted to, wouldn't understand it, but god it's great."

Grizza

This might seem like a stupid question, but how do I change my STEAM password if I forgot it? Seems overly complicated since it asks for my current password before it will let me change it. And well, the reason I want to change it is because I can't remember it. If I disable STEAM Guard, will that make things easier for me?

JaseC

This might seem like a stupid question, but how do I change my STEAM password if I forgot it? Seems overly complicated since it asks for my current password before it will let me change it. And well, the reason I want to change it is because I can't remember it. If I disable STEAM Guard, will that make things easier for me?

Sign out and click "Retrieve a lost account":

steamloginz8xxw.jpg

Disabling Steam Guard is the very last thing you want to do.

Story seems like absolute pap but I'm actually shocked by how nice Ghosts looks. Major step up from the other games. Plus the IQ is really great with TXAA, although I know many hate the blur it introduces. Worth the complete lack of aliasing for me though, I can't downsample from 4K on this pathetic 4GB 670 :D

Story seems like absolute pap but I'm actually shocked by how nice Ghosts looks. Major step up from the other games. Plus the IQ is really great with TXAA, although I know many hate the blur it introduces. Worth the complete lack of aliasing for me though, I can't downsample from 4K on this pathetic 4GB 670 :D
Welcome back!

JaseC

So, uh, how many gigs is your Soairse folder?

lolags2h.jpg

(Kidding! ;))

Edit: I just checked because I got curious. :p It's around 700MB, but most of that is gifs -- not that I save every gif I come across (though I've made a handful of my own), but rather I downloaded 2 or 3 gif packs from Tumblr some time ago, and of course most of the images are awful because, well, they're from Tumblr. I should probably rummage through them and delete the crummy ones.

mrgone

I can't find any solid information about what's going on with No More Room In Hell's card drops, but it seems pretty sketchy. Anyone following this?

From Lever Games FAQ on their community hub:

"Since we are a Free-to-Play game with no micro-transactions for users to purchase, we believe Valve made certain users ineligible to receiving card drops from our game. This is completely out of our control."

I can understand Valve not wanting people to be able to farm card money with free accounts, but why are old accounts with a shitload of games being prevented from getting cards? Those cards are selling for a ton of money as a result of this so hey, great for the lottery winners or whatever. If you can get cards - get 'em. Fuck.

Dr Dogg

Well after having another moment of madness and ordering a 780, just because, I'm more impatient waiting on my Batman: AO code to be emailed (not too fussed about SC or AC IV as I found out yes they are bloody uPlay) than the card turning up. Dreading sale time.

JaseC

I can't find any solid information about what's going on with No More Room In Hell's card drops, but it seems pretty sketchy. Anyone following this?

From Lever Games FAQ on their community hub:

"Since we are a Free-to-Play game with no micro-transactions for users to purchase, we believe Valve made certain users ineligible to receiving card drops from our game. This is completely out of our control."

I can understand Valve not wanting people to be able to farm card money with free accounts, but why are old accounts with a shitload of games being prevented from getting cards? Those cards are selling for a ton of money as a result of this so hey, great for the lottery winners or whatever. If you can get cards - get 'em. Fuck.

So how exactly does Valve determine drop eligibility considering it's a microtransactionless mod?

Sarcasm

Do you even browse the web? If your signed in and change a password with anything..it typically asks you to use current than give new.

Do you auto-start steam and auto-login? Curious ^.^

Deques

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-CEE845207553CC79

t1383749355z1.png

Some joy here

The_Monk

Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming and Farming Giant have been released. Both have a week-long early bird discount of 20% (making each $12). The latter actually seems... somewhat interesting.

I'm going to be honest, I kinda want to try one of these game since they seem to be very relaxing to play after a very long day.

I haven't even got it the Sim Bundle (or the latest bundle to be honest) because I really don't know if both bundles are worth it and I need to control my Steam Library.

Anyone played those?

mrgone

So how exactly does Valve determine drop eligibility considering it's a microtransactionless mod?

That's what I was hoping someone might've dug up some dirt on. The devs were just theorizing at the time of the FAQ writing, which probably means Valve's not talking about it at all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Groupees Be Mine X is live:

$1: Electronic Super Joy + OST, Shelter, Last Knight

$5: All $1 games plus Call of Juarez, Face Noir, Legends of Dawn, Finding Teddy, and a yet unnamed mystery game
When I come home tonight I'm totally buying this.

Jawmuncher

Anyone else getting slow card drops for Scribblenauts?
I finished Batman games just fine but this one is taking it's sweet time.
Also double checked to make sure no gamers were running in the background.

erila

Neo Member
I'm going to be honest, I kinda want to try one of these game since they seem to be very relaxing to play after a very long day.

I haven't even got it the Sim Bundle (or the latest bundle to be honest) because I really don't know if both bundles are worth it and I need to control my Steam Library.

Anyone played those?

I saw Farming Giant at Gamescom and it looks like a game that requires some brainpower - managing your finances, etc.

I haven't played Agricultural Simulator, but Farming Simulator is really relaxing (ploughing fields is fun :) ). If you're in the market for a "I've no idea why this is fun, but it is" game, Euro Truck Simulator is the best IMO. Stick on some trucker music MP3s and just drive....

Caerith

So, when they removed GFWL from Arkham Asylum, did they patch in some hidden always-online DRM instead? Because my game has crashed five times in the same spot until I restarted Steam in offline mode and was able to breeze right past it.

JaseC

That's what I was hoping someone might've dug up some dirt on. The devs were just theorizing at the time of the FAQ writing, which probably means Valve's not talking about it at all.

I'd say the cards not dropping for everybody is a bug. It stands to reason that eligibility would be determined by ownership of the base game, which one needs to run the mod, ergo every NMRIH player should be receiving drops.

Edit: NMRIH isn't flagged as a mod, apparently:

mod1axj11.jpg

mod2azkvf.jpg

This doesn't the question of why some people are receiving drops, but it may explain why not every player is.

mrgone

When I come home tonight I'm totally buying this.

One Finger Death Punch will almost certainly be unlocked by then. It's really, really good.

I'd say the cards not dropping for everybody is a bug. It stands to reason that eligibility would be determined by ownership of the base game, which one needs to run the mod, ergo every NMRIH player should be receiving drops.

I hope so, but it was initially posted about by the devs pre-faq as an issue they were looking into, then the faq was amended later without any real indication of what led them to believe it was a choice on Valve's end. There's a dev post in the faq thread mentioning similar issues with Tactical Intervention's card drops, but Tactical Intervention has DLC to buy. Something's afoot.jpg

Nabs

I guess it's the 10th anniversary of Trackmania. Weekend Deal incoming.

Oh and Tomb Raider is going to be Steamplay. PC/Mac.

if you remember the steam sale you had to spend $# to remain eligible for a new card. guessing similar system. think dota 2 did this too. spend to reset eligibility.

JaseC

if you remember the steam sale you had to spend $# to remain eligible for a new card. guessing similar system. think dota 2 did this too. spend to reset eligibility.

That's the thing, though: it's an HL2 mod with no microtransactions.

Grizza

Do you even browse the web? If your signed in and change a password with anything..it typically asks you to use current than give new.

Do you auto-start steam and auto-login? Curious ^.^

That is precisely it. I've auto-logged in for so long I forgot my password. The only reason I want to change it, is so I can change it to something I can remember.

The_Monk

I saw Farming Giant at Gamescom and it looks like a game that requires some brainpower - managing your finances, etc.

I haven't played Agricultural Simulator, but Farming Simulator is really relaxing (ploughing fields is fun :) ). If you're in the market for a "I've no idea why this is fun, but it is" game, Euro Truck Simulator is the best IMO. Stick on some trucker music MP3s and just drive....

Thanks for answering fellow GAFfer. I often feel that Sim games have a lot of keys to learn in order to play, I'm going to see for how long both bundles from the BundleStars will stay live and decide later on.

JaseC

That is precisely it. I've auto-logged in for so long I forgot my password. The only reason I want to change it, is so I can change it to something I can remember.
Sign out and click "Retrieve a lost account":

steamloginz8xxw.jpg

Disabling Steam Guard is the very last thing you want to do.

Note that you'll need to have access to the e-mail account you've tied to your Steam account.

I guess it's the 10th anniversary of Trackmania. Weekend Deal incoming.

Oh and Tomb Raider is going to be Steamplay. PC/Mac.

How is the community in the Trackmania 2 games? Afaik there weren't many players left when the Valley game came out and looks like no Trackmania game is in the visible steam stats list at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom