• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-F19F8E94FB2958E3

t1384427162z1.png

Winner will receive the full humble-link, just go to it. You may need to have a humble account though?

Arthea

I am blind. Anomaly Korea key was in my HB library, and I was sure I checked and it wasn't there. Mystery!

I remember someone posting here, they have no problems with any game on Win8. I envy this person. Granted I am lazy and not really have done anything about it yet, but so many games have issues on win 8 for me, I will have to do something about it.
Last one was Guardians of Middle-earth, stopped responding... and win 8 doesn't let me to close games that stopped responding without restarting PC. Gosh, I'm so tired of this shit.

Those who got 99 Spirits in an IndieRoyale bundle, here is some news regarding steam keys
I can't believe I missed this bundle, 99 spirits looks like my kind of game.

Tak3n

Banned
I think there is some regional difference in release dates so forgive me if you guys stateside already have some of these...

Here in the UK, Tomorrow 15th is release day madness

Chivalry DW
X Rebirth
Contrast
Lego Marvel
Dead Fall Adventures
Baldurs Gate

Apart from the Baldurs Gate I would gladly sink my teeth into all of them :(

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm, just beaten mars: war logs. I'm kinda surprised no one even talked a bit about this game, I certainly enjoyed it more than most recent wrpgs, even if it's a poor man's witcher 2. it won't pass the derrick test but combat is simple fun, the story is alright and there's even a quest you get to play detective, and who doesn't love detective quests?

I kinda want to play it again as an asshole but I dunno, playing this for 10+ more hours only seems kinda much, and I may just use that time to beat witcha 2 again and ready up a good and nice save for witcha 3

Arthea

hmm, just beaten mars: war logs. I'm kinda surprised no one even talked a bit about this game, I certainly enjoyed it more than most recent wrpgs, even if it's a poor man's witcher 2. it won't pass the derrick test but combat is simple fun, the story is alright and there's even a quest you get to play detective, and who doesn't love detective quests?

I kinda want to play it again as an asshole but I dunno, playing this for 10+ more hours only seems kinda much, and I may just use that time to beat witcha 2 again and ready up a good and nice save for witcha 3

I don't like detective quests! (><)
I was eyeing this game for some time. Dunno what's stopping me, it doesn't get much praise or even exposition.

edited: I assume today is last day when I get to post on gaf until new gens fever is over?

inm8num2

Winner will receive the full humble-link, just go to it. You may need to have a humble account though?

People don't need to link gift URLs to humble accounts. They just provide an email to get the download page. In fact I don't think the gift pages can be "claimed" by Humble accounts.

I think there is some regional difference in release dates so forgive me if you guys stateside already have some of these...

Chivalry DW
X Rebirth
Contrast
Lego Marvel
Dead Fall Adventures
Baldurs Gate

I selfishly hope X Rebirth is an amazing game that needs a couple of months of patches to be playable. Maybe then I'll be able to hold off buying it! (or it'll be on sale).

The rest I'll pass on (lego one day), but that is still a great lineup.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't like detective quests! (><)
I was eyeing this game for some time. Dunno what's stopping me, it doesn't get much praise or even exposition.
how can you not like detective quests!? they're like the best quest types ever man.... find clues, interrogate people, gather evidence and then find your suspect, it's awesome. wish more rpgs had those kinds of quests

anyways, the game's a perfect pick up for 5 bucks or something like that. gameplay is actually pretty smooth, dialogue and story in general is pretty clunky, but enjoyable in its own way.

feels like these guys could actually do a pretty decent rpg if handed a bit of money.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Chivalry DW
X Rebirth
Contrast
Lego Marvel
Dead Fall Adventures
Baldurs Gate

I pre-ordered Deadfall for the free DDE upgrade (as with Contrast, I didn't want to pass on the deal and run the risk of the DDE not being available post-release) and the game actually seems like a decent FPS romp, however with Black Flag just a few days away, I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it.

JaseC

Is something awry with my badge list or did those who bought Dungeonland prior to it going F2P not receive any drops?

Is something awry with my badge list or did those who bought Dungeonland prior to it going F2P not receive any drops?

I am sure its similar to DOTA2 or TF2, that you need to spend Game in the Ingameshop before you can get drops.

Its also not showing up in my list, even though I got it from a bundle before.

According to a developer on the games steam forum something has gone wrong with how cards are distributed depending on the version you have. Whether they fix it...

JaseC

I am sure its similar to DOTA2 or TF2, that you need to spend Game in the Ingameshop before you can get drops.

Its also not showing up in my list, even though I got it from a bundle before.

People who owned TF2 prior to the F2P update did receive drops. I wouldn't have asked otherwise. ;)

According to a developer on the games steam forum something has gone wrong with how cards are distributed depending on the version you have. Whether they fix it...

Fingers crossed!

Newblade

Last remnants from current humble bundle.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. -- MB-A0D50C3CABDAD730 - Taken by kurahador
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-EBF3681F58BCBB24 - Taken by angular graphics

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Valve - please change the booster pack distribution. If no one creates badges anymore the system doesn't work.

People are still buying cards, so unless they're assuming that there's going to be some upward swing in value (which there almost certainly won't be) someone out there must still be crafting badges, surely.

Same here. The game looks really good, almost too good to be true, so i'm definitely wary with how the final product turns out.

That is how I feel. Everything I have seen looks so amazing. So much so in fact that I'm thinking "nah, they couldn't have pulled all that off".

I'm kind of expecting all the aspects like walking around to be kind of empty and pointless. Like you can enter a space station, but there is nothing to do, nothing to interact with and really no reason to do so except wasting a lot of your time.

So kind of Assassin's creed 4 in space.

Arthea

Valve - please change the booster pack distribution. If no one creates badges anymore the system doesn't work.

The drop systems seems to be broken for some people and working nicely for others. As in all more or less randomised drops, someone gets the short end of a stick, but usually it gets better at some point in time, if that's any consolation. May be in 2014 we will be getting all booster packs, and others will be getting none, reversed roles and all that :)

derExperte

Nonsense, Google says nobody uses RSS.

(Looks like I'll be saving $1 this week.)

Thunder Wolves is cool for a dollar imo.

And the Expeditions: Conquistador guys are fools, that game sold like mad on GOG for 5$, they should have made it 75% off on Steam first before bundling.

MRORANGE

One for Juniors:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

FEAR -- MB-29DDEF284F662426 - Taken by tineladia. 3 entrants total.

t1384427117z1.png

Decided to fire up 1953: KGB Unleashed and give it a try. It doesn't seem to be all that popular....

capturecfibw.png

But I enjoy a bit of atmospheric horror even if avoiding or shooting the monsters can get old before too long. Of course, this game is actually nothing like that, being a point and click adventure from the oldest of old schools.

Has anybody played and enjoyed it? I started out and was just starting to get interested in the 1950's Russian atmosphere. Then the main character has an American accent....

:|

I figured it would only be downhill from there.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As someone who doesn't really get to play at regular times each day and as such would have a hard time finding consistent multiplayer partners, is Monaco worth getting if I'm only going to be playing it single player? I tried the demo and it seemed fun, but if the deck's going to be stacked against me for playing solo I might wait out for an even cheaper sale.

As someone who doesn't really get to play at regular times each day and as such would have a hard time finding consistent multiplayer partners, is Monaco worth getting if I'm only going to be playing it single player? I tried the demo and it seemed fun, but if the deck's going to be stacked against me for playing solo I might wait out for an even cheaper sale.

No. Its really a coop-game. Even with 2 players its not that much fun. You need those 4 ;)

I haven't purchased it and the reason is the advice I have got along those lines. Basically very cheap as a single player game, but well worth it with four friends.

Grizza

For the lurkers like me that have a hard time posting in these threads more than once or twice and can't get the modbot games: Hard Reset Extended Edition - 8290B-CHD6Y-GHPMQ

For the lurkers like me that have a hard time posting in these threads more than once or twice and can't get the modbot games: Hard Reset Extended Edition - 8290B-CHD6Y-GHPMQ

FUUU- used

it's not that hard to quote saying thanks to you, letting us know the code has been already redeemed :\

Arthea

Guardians of Graxia seems like a well put together card based strategy game. Not my cup of tea but nice music at the very least.

aww, now I wish I had bought bundle with it.
I still need at least one good card based game on steam. It ticks me off, that steam has so bad definition of most genres I wanna poke Valve for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom