• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I know that they didn't directly contribute to the metacritic score, just that they were part of the wave of wrong reviews. I think they should have been better than that.
That's the problem with the whole games review industry, really-- they're a bunch of philistines.

Off-topic, but any idea what Obsidian's MMORPG is going to be?

derExperte

I was about to buy CoH2 with the 40% coupon I got from fantomena. But now it suddenly says 'Can't be applied with other discounts.' which definitely wasn't there before, I even had the reduced game plus coupon in my cart yesterday. Good job Sega, now I won't buy the game until it's 5€.

oipic

Huh. Figured I would have fallen off that list after being gone for two months.

Rightly or wrongly, xel, I often pictured you as the 'anonymous benefactor' for all those anonymous giveways... seems to be in keeping with your classy style.

(with apologies to any of SteamGAF's other generous anonymous benefactors who I may have offended with this comment - you're all awesome too).

Not sure if Stump's stats take anonymous giveaways into account, though?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Trying to get into Dungeons of Dreadmore since I've had it thanks to someone giving me a Humble Bundle key that contained it a long time back... and... I can't get into it at all. I really don't like how it uses the keyboard AND mouse to do what nethack/et. al. do with a keyboard. :/

Plus I'm not really understanding it's skill system.

Volcynika

Put https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key= in front of what you receive from this! Enjoy a leftover.

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

F.E.A.R. -- MB-CBD7E785541111DB - Taken by Annubis

Trying to get into Dungeons of Dreadmore since I've had it thanks to someone giving me a Humble Bundle key that contained it a long time back... and... I can't get into it at all. I really don't like how it uses the keyboard AND mouse to do what nethack/et. al. do with a keyboard. :/

Plus I'm not really understanding it's skill system.

The thing that I never really liked about DoD was it's itemization, the amount of garbage weapons,armor and items is just plain unnecessary. You look at sword of the stars: the pit and every item has a valuable use, even crafting materials.

random

I ended up with one extra key for Anomaly Korea.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly Korea -- MB-E00FF4B5C98104F8 - Taken by Purkake4. 20 entrants total.

t1384409251z1.png

mrgone

The thing that I never really liked about DoD was it's itemization, the amount of garbage weapons,armor and items is just plain unnecessary. You look at sword of the stars: the pit and every item has a valuable use, even crafting materials.

As far as Dredmor goes, all the junk did kind of turn crafting into one of those "fuck this shit" features that went mostly ignored, at least for me. You could stash a bunch of potential crafting supplies near exits and sell the really useless junk to Brax, but the insanity of the crafting recipes made it hard to tell what might end up being useful later on. More of a chore than it needed to be, probably (but I still love that game!)

I still have next to no recipes in my SotS: The Pit cookbook :( The cooking stations always seem to burn out before I find anything

FloatOn

Legend of Grimrock on the Humble Bundle store is 3.74. Is it worth playing if I am a fan the King's Field series?

Legend of Grimrock is a modern homage to a very old genre: first person dungeon crawling.

If you are not sure what that is, what sets it apart from kings field mainly is that it employs party and turn based systems.

It's absolutely worth playing.

I know that they didn't directly contribute to the metacritic score, just that they were part of the wave of wrong reviews. I think they should have been better than that.
"Wrong reviews".

Sometimes the reviews differ from our opinions, but that doesn't mean you have to hold a grudge against the site.

Like every time PCGamer was mentioned, someone had to bring the DA2 review up, it's beyond silly.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"Wrong reviews".

Sometimes the reviews differ from our opinions, but that doesn't mean you have to hold a grudge against the site.

Like every time PCGamer was mentioned, someone had to bring the DA2 review up, it's beyond silly.

Opinions can be built on a foundation of incorrect or weak information, and can thusly be wrong. If you dont like that, that's my opinion, then.

Regardless, in context, I brought that up for precisely the reason you reference PCGamer and DA2. RPS was a site that came to the minds of a lot of people when asked if there were any sites that aren't hated, so I gave an example of a reason to hold a grudge.

Most people have similarly superfluous reasons for hating gaming websites, too.

FOX_

Neo Member
Frustrated by Polygon's PS4 streaming? Vent your stress out by playing these games:

Ah, yes! Thank you so much for Scribblenauts, my dear Gaffer! I've been waiting for this one a very long time! You have my deepest gratitude!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, but it's hard to stay interested these days. MMOs, I tell you.

I'm taking my life back!
I agree, MMOs are the worst. You should stay away from them!

That said, I'm downloading Guild Wars 2 right as we speak. You don't want to play it too, do you? C'mon, don't you? Not even a tiny bit curious about it?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I agree, MMOs are the worst. You should stay away from them!

That said, I'm downloading Guild Wars 2 right as we speak. You don't want to play it too, do you? C'mon, don't you? Not even a tiny bit curious about it?

I played that at launch and did master crafting and Necro to max level, but got bored with it faster than XIV. The holiday events are really good though.

Caerith

I played that at launch and did master crafting and Necro to max level, but got bored with it faster than XIV. The holiday events are really good though.
What took you so long to get bored with XIV? I uninstalled before my two week trial period was up.

xelios

Guys can you help me? I've been down in a hole the past two months. What RPGs have been released on PC?

What took you so long to get bored with XIV? I uninstalled before my two week trial period was up.

Mostly the people I guess. The GAF Free Company is a lot nicer than the GW2 guild was, but that has a lot to do with the leadership. That and the crafting is really well done (ended up mastering all the crafts).

But I need to stop so I can play X: Rebirth.

Caerith

Mostly the people I guess. The GAF Free Company is a lot nicer than the GW2 guild was, but that has a lot to do with the leadership. That and the crafting is really well done (ended up mastering all the crafts).

But I need to stop so I can play X: Rebirth.
Well, it is true that what makes or breaks an MMO are the people. I didn't care for the crafting in XIV, though-- I mean, the actual crafting itself was great, one of the best implementations I've seen in an MMO, but there was no sense of economy. (Contrariwise, I loved the crafting in FFXI-- even though it was basically just "click a button and pray," Vana'diel had a healthy economy and crafting was important until Wings of the Goddess.)

my friend and i cannot fucking. beat. deathstroke. in arkham origins. game on easy and everything. this boss fight is such a pain in the ass!

Just use counter and eventually you get three chances to beat him down. Long, slow, boring and poorly designed boss fight.

Thanks for a Virus Named Tom as well Rayge!

xelios

Off the top of my head, Agarest, Wasteland, and Long Live the Queen. And Path of Exile.

I just noticed that the New Releases list at http://store.steampowered.com/genre/RPG/ is sorted chronologically. And considers Payday 2 an RPG.

Thanks! I have a level 60ish witch in PoE, was pleasantly surprised to see it end up on Steam.

As far as the crafting in XIV the economy with end game crafted stuff is not too bad. ilvl70 (two star) gear is a good money maker; I got quite rich off selling them. The professions are nowhere near equal though, with alchemist and carpenter barely having anything worth existing for, but the latter will probably change with housing.

inm8num2

A quickie.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-5153776EC3A4A7D4 - Taken by Bluth54

xelios

That means we get to have more Xel around the thread.

I just got into the closed beta for Wildstar and I am checking it out right now.

Aww man I'm so jealous. I signed up for that, but it's probably for the best. Let us know how it is!

Derrick01

Banned
my friend and i cannot fucking. beat. deathstroke. in arkham origins. game on easy and everything. this boss fight is such a pain in the ass!

Loved that fight even though it wasn't too far from a QTE fight. Use the batclaw a lot if you're having a hard time with the non-countering parts.

30 minutes later....which i probably posted 30 minutes after we started, it's done....wow, that was ridiculous...literally can't do anything but counter

Parsnip

From the WB bundle. I didn't even know Impostors had gone free to play.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit DLC -- MB-B4AEB4053454E97E - Taken by Iron Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom