• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This seems like as good a time as any to ask this, Stump - how does Modbot prioritise my entries into a free-for-all raffle? Do I get a chance to win every game I enter for or am I cut off from other wins once (if) I win one?

ModBot draws the games in a random order. Once it picks a game to draw, it picks a winner in a random order. As a result there is no way to prioritize one game over another besides only entering one game.

As far as whether you can win multiple, that's more complicated. It depends on the rules the user uses for giveaways. If they do, for example, NOWINNERSDAILY, then you will obviously not be able to win a second time as you have won in the last day. If the user uses no rules, then the only restriction is a 15 minute throttle between wins*. So for a huge giveaway like this that will take maybe an hour to process, you could potentially win near the beginning and near the end, but you would not be able to rig it. Obviously if some games get no entries you can just claim them after.

Only the ModBot slush pile games don't have the 15 minute throttle.

* Users who win quite often are subject to a longer throttle. This timer is raised and lowered based on patterns I see in winners. Currently the timer is:
- If you have won 12 games or more in the last week, you need to wait one day between wins
- If you have won 7 games or more in the last week, you need to wait six hours between wins
- Otherwise, you have to wait fifteen minutes between wins

AsylumX

Sooooo...

jDmUPeQjEFzqG.jpg

Congratulations!!! 1k game is a lot. Nice giveaway.

DocSeuss

D:

I'm never going to be able to give away that many games.

And I'm never going to get Death to Spies Gold at this rate, geez. Can't believe Steam won't just straight-up sell the first game.

kulapik

Sooooo...

I just reached 999 Games...

I prepared a little giveaway in celebration of this most glorious day!

Some of the keys are for Origin/Desura and it might be possible that one or two keys aren't working anymore. A few Humble Bundle gift links are also among them.
Just send me a PM if there are any Problems with one of the keys :)

2be9fb4a441571e581c96556d6988f34f46509de_m.gif
indeed.

Acccent

great giveaway! thanks for those who enter!

also, is anyone else having issues with the neogaf++ chrome extension? the quick reply box seems to be gone forever, which is terrible news :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
great giveaway! thanks for those who enter!

also, is anyone else having issues with the neogaf++ chrome extension? the quick reply box seems to be gone forever, which is terrible news :(

Looks like the last update was in June.

Time to make Enhanced NeoGAF.

Bought it before bundle so here's a humble spare

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEAR -- MB-896F06AC4B1BEA13 - Taken by Gez. 3 entrants total.

t1384460465z1.png

oipic

Sooooo...

I just reached 999 Games...

And there is only one way to finish this!!!

Congrats, Super_Inframan, nice one - and with it the legend and legacy of Bad Rats grows. Not a move that's likely to be forgotten on SteamGAF any time soon, and so befitting of a custom tag. :)

Oh, and thanks for the giveaway of course - super-generous, and it must've taken a good chunk of time to put together. Cheers!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
How much of those 1000 have you booted up?

Do you really want to know? :p

Honestly, i have no clue... a few hundred maybe...

edit: my "recent games" list says that i played at least 324 games

edit2:
Congrats, Super_Inframan, nice one - and with it the legend and legacy of Bad Rats grows. Not a move that's likely to be forgotten on SteamGAF any time soon, and so befitting of a custom tag. :)

Oh, and thanks for the giveaway of course - super-generous, and it must've taken a good chunk of time to put together. Cheers!

thanks! :)

Holy *content redacted* Batman that's one hell of a giveaway. Shame about the Bad Ratz though. I hope I can avoid it way past 1000 games /D.

Now let's all hope his giveaway is not 50 stealth copies of Bad Ratz. If they are we will call this day the rattening. If not I hope someone is inspired by this post to inflict a great evil on the world. If I had a 50$ bill to burn next sale I'd do it :D

I feel like I'm putting too much effort into my pms to modbot, it's hard thinking up witty things to put in the topic box and the well is running oh so dry :(

Khronico

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble BitComposer Bundle -- MB-919D5D86DF75F91D - Taken by Cth. 20 entrants total.
XIII Century: Gold Edition -- MB-7EBB3047D074F093 - Taken by erila. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Last Knight -- MB-CC57129D82EAEF59

t1384472074z1.png

Just realized I had these lying around. Enjoy!

Man, Skullgirls is fun! Is the current sale price the cheapest it has been so far? I'm probably going to get it anyways, playing this with the wife is gonna be fun. This is one of those games I know she'll enjoy.

Duriii

Electronic Super Joy lately seems to come up very often in those giveaways, was there some sale on it, that I haven't heard of?

Congratulations on the 1000 games mark.

Stitch

Gold Member
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-45333A2B5BF7D5AB - Taken by Hesemonni. 2 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-56DB106B2AFF8B92 - Taken by Htown. 8 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-7A558D99D9F2DD79 - Taken by schwupp. 5 entrants total.

t1384472434z1.png

That's one heck of a giveway, man. Nice!

I had a great .gif for this occasion, but I cleaned out my album and now it's gone forever. Banderas will suffice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Raptr just added another 22 days to their prize giveaways for Guardians of Middle Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom