• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Raptr just added another 22 days to their prize giveaways for Guardians of Middle Earth.

The lack interest for the game baffles me and this predates the fact that it costs money and it has alot of DLC.

The gameplay itself at its core is very good and and the game is very well reviewed at around 75. It lost marks mainly due to the broken matchmaking but again the lack of interest for the game pre-dated all that.

Apprently the PC port is bad but again this doesn't explain the lack of interest before the PC version.

gabbo

Sooooo...

I just reached 999 Games...
I prepared a little giveaway in celebration of this most glorious day!

Some of the keys are for Origin/Desura and it might be possible that one or two keys aren't working anymore. A few Humble Bundle gift links are also among them.
Just send me a PM if there are any Problems with one of the keys :)

My god...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The lack interest for the game baffles me and this predates the fact that it costs money and it has alot of DLC.

The gameplay itself at its core is very good and and the game is very well reviewed at around 75. It lost marks mainly due to the broken matchmaking but again the lack of interest for the game pre-dated all that.

Apprently the PC port is bad but again this doesn't explain the lack of interest before the PC version.

I think putting any MOBA on Steam and charging money for it is going to be a tough sell. Now that DOTA 2 is king, people expect this kind of game to be free.

Derrick01

Banned
State of Decay or Arkham: Origins?

Tough call, both are pretty good in different ways.

Depending on your love of the Arkham formula I would say go with that first. State of Decay is fun but it's very easy to settle into a routine and while random things do happen that can upset the balance of your base, if you scavenge well it becomes too basic and too easy. Don't listen to reviews about AO, if you loved AC you'll like this probably almost as much. The story is way, way better too.

Do you have more to say about the core gameplay? It looked interesting (from a GiantBomb quick look) and I asked about it a page or two back back but no one else answered then. Looks just like a MOBA with a cool license and a vastly reduced learning curve (for a probably reduction of top-end gameplay / complexity) is that a fair assessment?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh god, tell me this is real.

It's registered to Zenimax, and contains a javascript file called fallout.js Also, 2299 is 15 years after Fallout: New Vegas.

So I'm gonna go with: real.

It's registered to Bethesda, and contains a javascript file called fallout.js Also, 2299 is 15 years after Fallout: New Vegas.

So I'm gonna go with: real.

I just looked it up myself.

ron-paulfgrx1.gif

No thread yet?

Knurek

Oh fml.

Decided to buy Logitech F310 controller - so far I've been playing with DualShock 2 + x360ce, but had loads of problems with some games (Mark of the Ninja, Alpha Protocol, LEGO games).

The controller sure is nice, works wonderfully with all the problematic games, but... Doesn't get detected by Arkham Asylum.

Oh well, it's not like I threw away my old one, will have to switch pads for some games. Still, it's weird. :\

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Will smash and bang a new Fallout game, regardless of whether it's Bethesda or Obsidian.

Why they haven't tried capitalizing on the fantastic universe is beyond me. Give me an FX/AMC series following a Vault dweller, Zenimax!

I just looked it up myself.

ron-paulfgrx1.gif

No thread yet?

Already one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715817

Oh fml.

Decided to buy Logitech F310 controller - so far I've been playing with DualShock 2 + x360ce, but had loads of problems with some games (Mark of the Ninja, Alpha Protocol, LEGO games).

The controller sure is nice, works wonderfully with all the problematic games, but... Doesn't get detected by Arkham Asylum.

Oh well, it's not like I threw away my old one, will have to switch pads for some games. Still, it's weird. :\

Did you make sure you have the switch set to X input mode?

morningbus

there is also a teaser site for Prey 2 and we all know how that went.

Besthesda can do right by me for a while. I'll get over it eventually, but not today.

I don't think that Prey 2 teaser site was setup through Bethesda, was it?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Snuggle Truck put me at a mighty 88 games. Most of it is still just going to be Super House Of Dead Ninjas play time.

I don't think that Prey 2 teaser site was setup through Bethesda, was it?

Correct, neither Bethesda nor Human Head Studios had anything to do with it and were quite confused about it.

morningbus

Two, even, both locked. I hope it turns out to be real, though.

Apparently looks to be a fake, even though the domain is registered to Zenimax. Someone must have faked the registration data as Zenimax doesn't usually use godaddy to register domains.

Knurek

Did you make sure you have the switch set to X input mode?

Yeah, shows the MS controller status thingy when I press the Logitech logo button in the desktop. It's setup as the default controller as well, but I haven't removed the PS2 controllers from the system - that's probably the cause of the glitch.

Apparently looks to be a fake, even though the domain is registered to Zenimax. Someone must have faked the registration data as Zenimax doesn't usually use godaddy to register domains.

Looks like it, but I still believe we're seeing it at the VGA's. The timing makes sense.

jshackles

Unless you believe this article. FACT!

Lain

I finally found out how to switch weapons in Marlow Briggs and it makes me feel so silly. I kept trying hitting every button, looking into menus, but all I had to do was hitting the d-pad.

jshackles

Does anyone feel like translating that morse code?

"11" "12" "13"

Which most people think could mean a December 11, 2013 reveal that would coincide with the countdown.

Tenrius

What did you thinking was lacking about it? I'm finding them very similar, and not in a bad way.

- Level design (indoors)
- Riddler stuff
- Combat (still good, but feels like a downgrade for some reason)

Overall it's somewhat decent, but those things make it decidedly worse than AC (and especially AA), so yeah. I didn't finish it yet, but I've played through quite a bit of it already.

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh cool, Sega finally fixed Castle of Illusion. Runs with 60fps now and has a icon. It only took them a few months :D

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
"11" "12" "13"

Which most people think could mean a December 11, 2013 reveal that would coincide with the countdown.

Thanks. I guess this means I should get back to New Vegas. I enjoyed the time I spent with it, but I got myself frustrated with mods. I want it to look like some of the awesome screenshots I see posted here, but I just can't manage it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

the biggest MOBA in the world is free to play.

The biggest MOBA on Steam is free to play.

Why would I buy Guardians of Middle Earth? Because it has a LOTR license slapped on top of it?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Why would I buy Guardians of Middle Earth? Because it has a LOTR license slapped on top of it?

I don't know if Gez feels this way about Lord of the Rings, but I can understand why something like that would be a huge bonus to someone. That's how I feel about Marvel. I'm not a fan of the Lego games, for instance. When they made a Marvel one, I picked it up day one. I'm only casually interested in Diablo clones and find Torchlight 2 to be my favorite, but I'll still play Marvel Heroes. The Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, Captain America. All mediocre games that I bought simply because of the IP.

I've never enjoyed a MOBA, but I'd play the shit out of a Marvel one if they made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom