• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've suddenly started on an adventure game kick. Been in hell, thanks to kidney stones and surgeries to remove them and shit. I've found myself really enjoying adventure games while recovering and on these pain meds.

Been playing the hell out of The Wolf Among Us and Phoenix Wright. I should try The Walking Dead again while on this; never was able to finish the first episode, thanks to the blasted save game bug.
Yikes, sucks to hear that you had to go through that. If you've never played the PW games before though I think you're in for a treat. Had many a cozy play sessions catching contradictions, shouting objections.

Mairu

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-7506FCABF423CB68 - Taken by Milabrega. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-ADA92255316E186B - Taken by LiquidSolid. 14 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-7FEE4891C8BF7367 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 4 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-741035DD91FC5FF8 - Taken by erila. 5 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-4C48D3B4546648F4 - Taken by Aaron. 7 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-641D61C519BFF920 - Taken by Volotaire. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-F95E7A679CA59F38 - Taken by Kyouji. 3 entrants total.

t1384678909z1.png
Leftover stuff from Humble Bundles

denx

Playing Skullgirls has pretty much convinced me that I won't buy any fighting game on Steam until I have two controllers so I can play locally with people that suck as much as me. Getting steamrolled on ladder matches is no fun. :(

Talking about controllers, DS4 or DS3? It seemed to me that going for a DS4 would be a no brainer for fighting games, but someone was arguing that the DS3 is a better fighter controller. Thoughts?

Here are some impressions for Expeditions Conquistador:

Graphics for the game are decent, nothing amazing but not bad, art style is quite nice.

Music is great and fits the theme of the game perfectly.

The voice acting in english is a bit jarring, but there's only voices in the intro video as far as I've seen, the rest is text which is fine.

Where the game shines is in the story and quests. Storytelling is amazing, you definitely get a sense of being a conquistador in the new world, writting is very good, and almost seems a graphical adventure at times, it has dialogue trees, so when you talk to NPC you can choose your answers, it's very very well done.

Exploring the island feels great, the game has nice mechanics and can be a little complex at times, but there are tutorials for each new mechanic and is not daunting or overwhealming.

I haven't tried much combat yet, but is probably the weakest part of the game, combat is nice but not as good as games like King's Bounty.

Game is recommened if you are interested in the theme, and you like graphic adventures or games like Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty, ...

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

Playing Skullgirls has pretty much convinced me that I won't buy any fighting game on Steam until I have two controllers so I can play locally with people that suck as much as me. Getting steamrolled on ladder matches is no fun. :(

Talking about controllers, DS4 or DS3? It seemed to me that going for a DS4 would be a no brainer for fighting games, but someone was arguing that the DS3 is a better fighter controller. Thoughts?

I'm using a DS3 since I only have a PS3 and it's ok. I do hear that the DS4 works better with Steam. Skullgirls is a PITA on the DS3, though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is it seriously that hard/expensive to get a wired 360 controller for the PC?

Chalk it up to laziness and/or putting that money towards your steam game habit.

Skullgirls is tempting even stuck on keyboard, but mostly I just want Aksys/Ark System Works to notice PC when Guilty Gear Xrd hits. Oh how I want them to notice us :(

I am giving away 10 not-Steam keys. Not interested in the Dead Space series. Also I'm sad I got this bundle before learning my favourite game mode was removed in Burnout Paradise.

EDIT: Well, derp. If I want to share this outside the thread I should fix the extra rules.

thx for bundle 3 though modbot jumped the gun since i got it 28min early lol

Graphics for the game are decent, nothing amazing but not bad, art style is quite nice.

Music is great and fits the theme of the game perfectly.

The voice acting in english is a bit jarring, but there's only voices in the intro video as far as I've seen, the rest is text which is fine.

Where the game shines is in the story and quests. Storytelling is amazing, you definitely get a sense of being a conquistador in the new world, writting is very good, and almost seems a graphical adventure at times, it has dialogue trees, so when you talk to NPC you can choose your answers, it's very very well done.

Exploring the island feels great, the game has nice mechanics and can be a little complex at times, but there are tutorials for each new mechanic and is not daunting or overwhealming.

I haven't tried much combat yet, but is probably the weakest part of the game, combat is nice but not as good as games like King's Bounty.

Game is recommened if you are interested in the theme, and you like graphic adventures or games like Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty, ...

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

It's fantastic so far. One of my soldiers was bitten by a spider in the night when we were about 5 days away from the healer. She only survived 4. :( There seems to be a way to treat people in camp but it hasn't unlocked for me yet. Maybe when I level up one of my doctors.

Jame Retief

Neo Member

Game is recommened if you are interested in the theme, and you like graphic adventures or games like Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty

Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions. I, too, was curious about this game and you've clarified it for me with the comparisons. :)

I am giving away 10 not-Steam keys. Not interested in the Dead Space series. Also I'm sad I got this bundle before learning my favourite game mode was removed in Burnout Paradise.

EDIT: Well, derp. If I want to share this outside the thread I should fix the extra rules.

Just wanted to say thank you for Dead Space 3. I appreciate it.

wazoo

Nice little indie

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218740/

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PID -- MB-86B608FA06BD2307 - Taken by jwtsonga

It's fantastic so far. One of my soldiers was bitten by a spider in the night when we were about 5 days away from the healer. She only survived 4. :( There seems to be a way to treat people in camp but it hasn't unlocked for me yet. Maybe when I level up one of my doctors.

I agree, game is fantastic, it has that one more turn thing, except combat which I'm not too much into it, the exploring and events are amazing.

I won battle for middle earth DLC

but i gots no base game

oh god why

lol I did the same thing yesterday :facepalm: so just PM'd the DLC code to the fellow GAFer who won the base game.

Whoops :p Sending PM! Accidently received an Arkham Asylum key, when I swore I marked it elsewise. I'm sorry Steam thread....

Edit: It's giving me red text to make sure the key isn't taken (it's not.) I'll get more clear headed and do this real proper like.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/676971/gif/notquitetherecatjump.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've seen that gif before but it's just hitting the spot today for some reason :). silly kitteh!

[quote="Dolor, post: 90186950"]Figured I'd post this in here in case anyone is wondering about buying X: Rebirth.

Terribly disappointing. I will wait and see if it gets better in patches, but there is no good reason to buy it now.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! :/ Sorry Dolor; hope they patch it very soon.

[quote="Firehead, post: 90196988"]Well, I've suddenly started on an adventure game kick. Been in hell, thanks to kidney stones and surgeries to remove them and shit. I've found myself really enjoying adventure games while recovering and on these pain meds.

Been playing the hell out of The Wolf Among Us and Phoenix Wright. I should try The Walking Dead again while on this; never was able to finish the first episode, thanks to the blasted save game bug.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! Sorry Firehead; hope those meds are really helping with the pain and you're fighting fit soon.

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-F6FBDE3417A251B9 - Taken by adaen. 1 entrants total.

t1384688631z1.png

i like tacos

Oh my god I just bought Doom 3 BFG. They took away the muzzle flashes? The entire game you are walking through poorly lit rooms with about a dozen guns and a 1000 rounds of ammunition and id said "You know what, let's take away the muzzle flashes." I haven't played Doom 3 since it came in 2004 and literally the first time I started shooting a gun I noticed it. It was the primary light source in Doom 3.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I have all these games in my library that I've yet to play and I'm really tempted to buy Contrast.
It's a delightfull little game, but as one consumer to another; fifteen bucks is too much. It's a small gem, but a flawed one.
Buy it at ten! :p

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
It's unique, and I'm not sure how I could describe it to a non-Canadian. It's very warm and hearty, like the kind of food you'd want if you were cold and in the rain and that instantly fills you up. It's very greasy and heavy and carb-filled. You get pretty regular french fries, a light-to-medium thickness gravy (normally a peppercorn gravy although it depends) which warms up the fries, and then cheese curds. Cheese curds aren't just chunks of cheese, they've got a mild flavour (maybe a little salty) and they're pretty chewy and stringy. The cheese melts a little bit, but not normally into the gooey mess normal cheese would. The flavours go together very very well. You add the cheese and gravy just as you're serving it and the best bites are the first few bites when everything is in perfect balance. The only American dish that sort of does the same thing is maybe chili cheese fries, but poutine is much much better. I guess the way poutine makes me feel reminds me a lot of heavier, cheese-and-sauce heavy Mexican cuisine, but the flavour isn't really the same. It's totally Canadian.

But see the point of a poutine festival isn't to eat regular poutine, because everyone in Canada eats regular poutine all the time. It's to eat weird experimental poutines. The most common is probably pulled pork poutine, which uses a barbecue sauce / gravy mixture and puts shredded pulled pork on top. Today I had pad thai poutine, which was poutine + peanut sauce, peanut chunks, egg chunks, tons of green onions, and a hot thai chili sauce. One of the vendors there did a chicken shawarma poutine which uses sort of a southwest mayo with garlic, shawarma chicken, and traditional poutine ingredients--I've had that before at a concert a while ago. Donair (doner) meat is also added every so often.

If you have poutine outside of Canada it'll probably use mozzarella cheese instead of cheese curds or thicken or brown the gravy too much. It's a really Canadian dish. It's actually not very popular in the area where I come from, where fries and gravy are generally served with savoury dressing (like you'd serve a turkey with) instead of cheese. But I live very near Quebec now so poutine is huge where I live now :p

9/10 would recommend, -1 point for not supporting trading cards.

What an amazing and vivid description. I must try this if I ever decide to visit Canada. Hopefully I'm able to find a placeholder for this type of food until then out here in S.California :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom