• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Lords Of Shadow UE. What a great game, and considering i don't have a ps3 i was missing a GOW-esque game. (Also, the DLC is mostly terrible, i feel bad for those who paid full price for them)

Dat
The Forgotten One boss fight
hey guise let's design a boss fight where the player needs to jump to hit the boss even though our game has zero aerial combos and every aoe the boss uses hits you in mid-air

iMN0B.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Dat
The Forgotten One boss fight
hey guise let's design a boss fight where the player needs to jump to hit the boss even though our game has zero aerial combos and every aoe the boss uses hits you in mid-air

Yeah that was a really terribly designed fight which is surprising because most of the bosses in the main game are pretty well designed.

Anteater

I finished Lords Of Shadow UE. What a great game, and considering i don't have a ps3 i was missing a GOW-esque game. (Also, the DLC is mostly terrible, i feel bad for those who paid full price for them)

It's actually the game I'm most looking forward to playing when it goes on sale, those trailers for the game are so awesome.

Thanks for your impressions and for sending me a PM so I won't miss it fellow GAFfer.

Seems good so far, how's the difficulty? Hoping for not too hard. Can't wait to get it later on on another sale, the Quest/Storyline part got me interested too and it's good to know that the writing is also decent.

Difficulty was a bit high for my taste, but you can lower the combat difficulty and leave the rest of the game difficulty intact. I did that and I'm having more fun. Maybe I'll get better later on, combat seems more strategic and less forgiving than similar games, but you should definitely give the game a try if you are interested, I couldn't stop playing it difficulty and all.

Im on Season 5 myself and man this show has been a roller coaster. But not necessarily in a good way. There's times where I love, times where i'm bored, times where it's tense, and times I don't give a shit. Just about every feeling I have had with the show. So i'm hoping that seaosn 5 pushes it into it being a good show for me rather than just a decent show.

HOWEVER Saul is a awesome character

first half of season 5 was a rough ride....really tough to watch IMO. The second half is unreal, wife and I watched the whole second half yesterday. No episode let a break. Thought the ending was exactly what I wanted.

Reports are Saul is getting his own show, Will watch the shit out of that.

finished season 2 last night =P

You are in for a treat. Wish I could rewatch it for the first time again.

Stitch

Gold Member
Doesn't it connect to different regional servers depending on where you are located?

Oh well, that might be possible. The game is called Ragnarok Online - Free to Play - European Version for me. Maybe Americans get the American (iRO?) Version.

Derrick01

Banned
Just did the Freeze fight in Arkham City again on Hard, still as good as I remembered it. Having each of your abilities taken away after every successful hit was a genius idea, and on hard you start off with the rooftop hiding points already frozen. I just wish the rest of the fights in the series were half as good as this.

Just did the Freeze fight in Arkham City again on Hard, still as good as I remembered it. Having each of your abilities taken away after every successful hit was a genius idea, and on hard you start off with the rooftop hiding points already frozen. I just wish the rest of the fights in the series were half as good as this.

Out of the 3 games, that is the one first I can still remember. Really well done. All the other fights basically boil down to : figure out the pattern and exploit it.

...or how efficiently you can press 'counter'

Lain

i wanted to do something a little different for a giveaway, so i figured it would be cool to include my favorite games of the past few months. i won RL here in a giveaway so i have to return the favor.. All steam keys except RL is a humble gift

Also, i wanted to include Legend Of Grimrock and System Shock 2. Except because of Humbles slightly crappy new gifting system (and slooow customer service), they have to go to the same person. so instead of going through modbot, i will give them to the first person to link me to their steam profile showing that they don't have either game already (probably not many people!) edit- taken by gwynplaine!

good luck

Thanks for the nice giveaway. Entered for Rogue Legacy.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just completed Alice: Madness Returns. Story was a lot heavier and serious then expected. I just thought it would be weird.
The
death of that gross, murdering monster that called himself a psychiatrist was... well, a relieve. Too bad Alice's mind is now officialy shattered, though.
They did a great job at telling the narrative through visuals and collectible stuff. The levels themselfs where dialogue. Really well done.
Downside is that because of that, the last two chapters where really, really disturbing. :p

Gameplay wise, the game was awesome. Old-school platforming joy, triple floating felt great.
And I now love PhysX, they implemented it really well in this game. Love the hairtech, better then TressFX imo.
iZihmJZW4tWuy.gif

Great game. Quite long, too. Took me about twenty hours.

235126173066Murray.gif
235126173066Murray.gif
235126173066Murray.gif
235126173066Murray.gif
/Out of Five

You know I like Alice Madness Returns, but the game sure tries damn hard to make you not want too with how dragged out some of the levels are.

Beautiful skylines though.

Tizoc

I believe he means
NYBcGY0.png

The 'Epilogue' for Castlevania LoS was pretty bad indeed, I watched it on Youtube and was glad I didn't buy it.

denx

Just completed Alice: Madness Returns. Story was a lot heavier and serious then expected. I just thought it would be weird.
The
death of that gross, murdering monster that called himself a psychiatrist was... well, a relieve. Too bad Alice's mind is now officialy shattered, though.
They did a great job at telling the narrative through visuals and collectible stuff. The levels themselfs where dialogue. Really well done.
Downside is that because of that, the last two chapters where really, really disturbing. :p

Gameplay wise, the game was awesome. Old-school platforming joy, triple floating felt great.
And I now love PhysX, they implemented it really well in this game. Love the hairtech, better then TressFX imo.

Great game. Quite long, too. Took me about twenty hours.

Thanks for the impressions! I bought the game on the Halloween sale, but I'm actually waiting for the Complete Collection to go on sale since that has the original Alice game. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKILZR4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah, I don't mind much that it is an Origin exclusive. :p

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I don't know why but the start of FEAR's 4th chapter is glitching like hell for me.
First, when I got off the chopper my gun was misplaced, and it kept spitting out shells even if I wasn't firing. When I tried to fire nothing happened, so I died many times thinking I wasn't fast enough to defeat the enemies.
I reloaded from the last quicksave in the 3rd chapter, and it worked fine the first time, then I died, now everytime I get off the chopper there is a grenade floating in midair right in front of me, and it explodes before I can move. :lol

Anteater

Beat Portal 2, it was alright, it definitely has more content than the first game but I think I enjoyed 1 more because it was still fresh at the time.

Gonna play my friend's copy of Witcher 2 next :D

denx

Beat Portal 2, it was alright, it definitely has more content than the first game but I think I enjoyed 1 more because it was still fresh at the time.

Gonna play my friend's copy of Witcher 2 next :D

Did you play coop? No playthrough of Portal 2 is complete without having played coop.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
You know I like Alice Madness Returns, but the game sure tries damn hard to make you not want too with how dragged out some of the levels are.

Yeah, I spaced my sessions and even then some stages dragged a bit. Enjoyable game, I feel the original was better paced (been years since I played it though).

denx

Nope, it's that good? I didn't try it because I thought it was just separate challenges but with 2 people, I'll give it a try though.

Portal 2 coop is the best thing about the entire Portal series imo. Coop is basically a new campaign that follows on from the end of the single player campaign. You and a buddy get to play as two robots, each with its own portal gun. 2 portal guns = 4 portals active at any given time, which means that the puzzles are MUCH more complex and mind-bending than in the single player campaign.

Some of my favorite gaming moments from this gen come from playing the coop. Solving puzzles is much more fun when you get to share those eureka moments with your partner, and engaging in hilarous slapstick and general trolling in the coop puzzles never gets old.

Yeah, I loved Portal 2 coop. Give it a try and tell us what you think (and please play with someone who hasn't played the coop before, or otherwise the experience will be ruined.)

Mortal Kombat 50% off for daily deal.... hrmmm.

edit: Is the online still crap for the game? I've heard a lot of complaints and it didn't work well at all when I tried the 360 version.

derExperte

Nope, it's that good? I didn't try it because I thought it was just separate challenges but with 2 people, I'll give it a try though.

It's a must-play. You've only seen half of P2 otherwise.

Mortal Kombat 50% off for daily deal.... hrmmm.

edit: Is the online still crap for the game? I've heard a lot of complaints and it didn't work well at all when I tried the 360 version.

People are still complaining on the Steam forum. Was there really no patch?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

I didn't mind nor really notice that untill the fifth chapter. I liked that one the least and it just went on, and on, and on...
But hey, atleast there was a lot of good 3D platforming involved, and since that's a rarity these day's i'll take as much as I can. :)
Thanks for the impressions! I bought the game on the Halloween sale, but I'm actually waiting for the Complete Collection to go on sale since that has the original Alice game. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKILZR4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah, I don't mind much that it is an Origin exclusive. :p
I thought that bundle didn't exist anymore? Ah well.
I doubt it's ever going under ten bucks, though. Finding MR itself for a low price is a rarity, let alone the Complete Edition.
And now for something completely different, but important nonetheless: When your going to play MR, don't forget to remove the 30FPS cap through the ini!

denx

Vibranium

Banned
Still making my way through Arkham Asylum and having a ball. I have to say though, I'm super disappointed in Gordon's voice actor, he's absolute shit and is nothing like how I imagine Gotham's top cop sounding like when I read the comics. Sandy brown haired 40's Commissioner Gordon (DC new 52) > fat old man Jim.

I'm kind of surprised Ratcatcher hasn't shown up in a game yet (I haven't played it, but he wasn't in Origins, was he?), he seems actually kind of interesting for a lesser known Batman villain. I hope he's in the next game.

Maxwood

I'm kind of surprised Ratcatcher hasn't shown up in a game yet (I haven't played it, but he wasn't in Origins, was he?), he seems actually kind of interesting for a lesser known Batman villain. I hope he's in the next game.
He was on a poster and in a hidden Arkham City Story in, well, Arkham City.
Soooo... that's something.

The impressions have been good, but they didn't reinvent the wheel. If you did not like the first one, the you will not like this rendition either.

I liked the idea of the heist, but I didn't like how it was executed. For example, the fact that you can't do stealth robberies (and in the second you can). Also I didn't like the endless wave of respawning cops, and the gunplay was weird. Maybe they improved, that's why I'm asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom