• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
He was on a poster and in a hidden Arkham City Story in, well, Arkham City.
Soooo... that's something.

Oh I know about his references and his Story. I'm just hoping he actually makes a physical appearance sometime.

Also, I want Rocksteady (if they do the next-gen sequel) to put in a reference to Condiment King from The Animated Series haha. He was a great joke villain. "Come Batman, let's see if you can cut the mustard!"

wazoo

Running through Van Helsing.

If you want Diablo x castlevania, this is a solid, good looking game, not necessarly original but very worthy at least until now

derExperte

I liked the idea of the heist, but I didn't like how it was executed. For example, the fact that you can't do stealth robberies (and in the second you can). Also I didn't like the endless wave of respawning cops, and the gunplay was weird. Maybe they improved, that's why I'm asking

Payday 2 has a demo but I don't know what's in it. I still prefer P1, don't like the upgrade system, don't like the heists (too short, they feel small), I actually don't like that everything can be done by stealth and the online community of P1 was much friendlier imo. Others (I would say the majority) think the exact opposite so P2 could be perfect for you.

Payday 2 has a demo but I don't know what's in it. I still prefer P1, don't like the upgrade system, don't like the heists (too short, they feel small), I actually don't like that everything can be done by stealth and the online community of P1 was much friendlier imo. Others (I would say the majority) think the exact opposite so P2 could be perfect for you.

the game also lacks chain's dinosaur mask so there goes half the fun of the game

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I liked the idea of the heist, but I didn't like how it was executed. For example, the fact that you can't do stealth robberies (and in the second you can). Also I didn't like the endless wave of respawning cops, and the gunplay was weird. Maybe they improved, that's why I'm asking

Actually I've heard that literally everything you listed was fixed or improved.

Lain

Running through Van Helsing.

If you want Diablo x castlevania, this is a solid, good looking game, not necessarly original but very worthy at least until now

Been playing it for the last couple of days and I agree. It's fun, it looks good and the dialogue is nicely funny.

Kuroyume

Banned
Tower of Guns is the game currently on Indie Game Stand. It's already been greenlighted and you'll get a steam key is you pay $1. Looks like fun. Kudos to IGS for getting some good looking games in recent weeks instead of the crud they had there for a few months earlier this year.

Joe Molotov

Anyone want to split a 4-pack with me???

o8ILVgY.png

Clawww

Tower of Guns is the game currently on Indie Game Stand. It's already been greenlighted and you'll get a steam key is you pay $1. Looks like fun. Kudos to IGS for getting some good looking games in recent weeks instead of the crud they had there for a few months earlier this year.

I just finished my PayPal transaction and then nothing happened? I didn't sign up for an account but I filled in my name and e-mail on the purchase page. Been a few minutes and I haven't received an e-mail or anything yet.

Kuroyume

Banned
I just finished my PayPal transaction and then nothing happened? I didn't sign up for an account but I filled in my name and e-mail on the purchase page. Been a few minutes and I haven't received an e-mail or anything yet.

Hmm, stange. Wait for a few. Maybe sign up for an IGS account with the email you used to pay? I'm sure the first time I bought something off IGS I didn't register an account with them but I eventually did later on and the old game appears on my account page.

derExperte

The price hasn't flipped to $30 yet

Source

30$ for BF4 on Black Friday? Wow. I didn't pay full price (thx Mexico) but still should have waited.

No confirmation here either. And it doesn't appear in my library.

Tenrius

After buying Company of Heroes 2 with the 40% voucher (it stacks) I got a new one in my inventory. Any takers?

I used it to buy the game and it generated another one! So, who wants it? It's a 40% coupon stackable with the current 33% off deal. That makes it $24 in the US or 361 roubles ($11) in Russia. If somebody's up for it, I can actually help you get the game for the latter price (although I'm not fully sure it's not region-locked, would somebody with crazy steamdb skills please confirm this).

Clawww

Hmm, stange. Wait for a few. Maybe sign up for an IGS account with the email you used to pay? I'm sure the first time I bought something off IGS I didn't register an account with them but I eventually did later on and the old game appears on my account page.

No confirmation here either. And it doesn't appear in my library.

Yea, something seems down on their end. Haven't received an account verification either after I tried to make one. Oh well, contacted support so I'll just wait and see. played

Deques

I used it to buy the game and it generated another one! So, who wants it? It's a 40% coupon stackable with the current 33% off deal. That makes it $24 in the US or 361 roubles ($11) in Russia. If somebody's up for it, I can actually help you get the game for the latter price (although I'm not fully sure it's not region-locked, would somebody with crazy steamdb skills please confirm this).

Seems like there is a RU version. It has different app ID

Sajjaja

Yea, something seems down on their end. Haven't received an account verification either after I tried to make one. Oh well, contacted support so I'll just wait and see. played

Check your spam. Although I got my purchase confirmation in my inbox, all the other emails ended up in Spam/Junk.

Deques

Yes, but it doesn't have an "onlyallowrunincountries" line like Payday 2 does, for example.

Compare: Payday 2 RU+CIS (which is know to be regionlocked) and Company of Heroes 2 RU. It feels like it's not region locked, but then again, I'm not sure what "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries" actually implies.

I was looking at the Retail sub, so I thought it was region restricted. It has different sub than the one that's directly bought in the Steam Store

Sajjaja

Nope, nothing in there. I'm sure they'll get this sorted out sooner or later.

Are you by chance using Outlook to check your email? It didn't show up for me there, but I checked the website of my email provider, and it was in the Junk folder there.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Guys, can you help me out?
After I played through FEAR and Riddick, I've decided to drown myself in RPGs (mostly old one, with the isometric view), and I need a few recommendations.

My list as of now is:

Planescape: Torment
Icewind Dale 1 and 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
(I already own Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics)

What would you add? Basically, go on GOG.com and tell me what to buy in the RPGs section. :lol

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Quick Repost: couple hours left

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.
header_292x136.jpg

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defiance -- MB-ABD55C415F7D0C9F

t1384730028z1.png

Again:Also to activate this key you gotta do it through the Trion games site. Anybody looking to pad out their total steam games number, I'm srry :(

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Holy god Sonic looks and runs so well on my desktop, and it has SPLIT SCREEN oh somebody hold me

$5 is too little for this happiness I feel inside me.

Download this for maximum joy.

It's the good parts of Unleashed. And it's gorgeous. Generations is one of the first games I played to test out my rig after I threw it together. In my opinion, it's one of the most impressive looking games out there once you downsample it to get rid of every last jaggy.

Pachimari

I just created a Steam account and I'm all new to this but I'm surprised there aren't that many games on it.

I already added 10 games to my wish list and all of them runs on Linux. Does this mean, that if I buy these games, they'll run on the Steam Machine next year?

And do you have recommendations for any great computer-exclusive games on Steam?

I also don't have any friends... =(

Download this for maximum joy.

It's the good parts of Unleashed. And it's gorgeous. Generations is one of the first games I played to test out my rig after I threw it together. In my opinion, it's one of the most impressive looking games out there once you downsample it to get rid of every last jaggy.

I usually watch my friends play the non-racing Sonic games and I won't ever buy them for a variety of reasons. Mostly because they would be less fun to watch my friends to play if i did.

I just created a Steam account and I'm all new to this but I'm surprised there aren't that many games on it. Uh, what?

I already added 10 games to my wish list and all of them runs on Linux. Does this mean, that if I buy these games, they'll run on the Steam Machine next year? Yes

And do you have recommendations for any great computer-exclusive games on Steam? Depends on what you're looking for, what genres do you like? How old do you want to go?

I also don't have any friends... =( post a URL to your steam profile and GAF will swamp you

responses in bold

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just created a Steam account and I'm all new to this but I'm surprised there aren't that many games on it.

I already added 10 games to my wish list and all of them runs on Linux. Does this mean, that if I buy these games, they'll run on the Steam Machine next year?

And do you have recommendations for any great computer-exclusive games on Steam?

Welcome! The Steam website can be a bit tedious to navigate, but there are over 2,000 games available on Steam.

For games that work with Linux, they'll be able to run on the Steam Machines when they're released. With Steam, you buy the game once and can run it on any platform the game supports (without having to re-buy a different version).

After I played through FEAR and Riddick, I've decided to drown myself in RPGs (mostly old one, with the isometric view), and I need a few recommendations.

My list as of now is:

Icewind Dale 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2

What would you add? Basically, go on GOG.com and tell me what to buy in the RPGs section. :lol

You have it pretty well covered with that list. You can chuck out NWN if you want to save some money or add ultima 6 and 7 if you want the two best games of all time.

That is a new one, but welcome! Make sure to grab yourself the enhanced steam plugin, find some games you want and post your profile link if you want some friends and an invite to the steam group.

Tenrius

I just created a Steam account and I'm all new to this.

But I already added 10 games to my wish list and all of them runs on Linux. Does this mean, that if I buy these games, they'll run on the Steam Machine next year?

Just post your Steam ID and I (and others, undoubtedly) will add you!

There's quite a lot of great PC games out there and it's kinda hard to narrow it down, but my prime suggestion would be Civilization V — it's a game that is very much "PC-style", extremely easy to get into and extremely hard to put down.

AsylumX

My list as of now is:

Icewind Dale 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2

You need to add Arcanum to that list, it's not perfect but I think it's a great game.

Pachimari

I would like games that oozes atmosphere, maybe exploration, horror or mystique. I already added the Amnesia games to my wish list.

My URL is:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dimaya8/

And woah, the games being playable on all OS's is nice. As I have all of Mac OS, Windows 7 and Linux next year.

What is the Steam plugin? I installed the app for Mac OS X which I were navigating.
OH! I'm using Safari so probably won't be able to use the Enhanced Steam. I'll install it on my other computers though.

Right now I'm sad, that there's no FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and I also just discovered the 50% off on Rayman Legends but it's Windows only. Are there any talks of the games adding Linux support when the Steam Machines hits? Because currently, a Steam Machine doesn't seem to be worth it with the amount of Linux games available. Will this change?

Also, is there a way I can see the prices in my currency instead of euros?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It feels like it's not region locked, but then again, I'm not sure what "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries" actually implies.

This goes without saying, but PurchaseRestrictedCountries is intended to block certain countries from purchasing, like with Space Quest and AU/NZ because Acti sucks:

Similarly, with region-specific subs, using "Yes" instead of "No" restricts the sub availability to the mentioned territories (they'd otherwise show up in the stores of other regions). For example, clicking this link will work while this one will just redirect you back to the main page.

Right now I'm sad, that there's no FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and I also just discovered the 50% off on Rayman Legends but it's Windows only. Are there any talks of the games adding Linux support when the Steam Machines hits? Because currently, a Steam Machine doesn't seem to be worth it with the amount of Linux games available. Will this change?

Of course. To what extent? We don't really know yet. If devs start moving over in significant numbers I could see Microsoft making a strong competitive response and mixing up the game further.

But for now don't worry about it too much, just get the games you want and if it happens, it happens. Also be aware that we are expecting a sale around thanksgiving in the US. So you might want to save your wallet for a week or so, then you'll probably see how dangerous this whole steam thing is.

Speaking of which getgames have a Bioshock sale on http://getgamesgo.com/category/bioshock-sale. $13.50 Infinite and others.

I would like games that oozes atmosphere, maybe exploration, horror or mystique. I already added the Amnesia games to my wish list.

To start you off: Gone Home, the Half-Life 2 series, the Stalker series (shadow or call), the Metro series, and DEFCON.

EDIT: Also your profile is set to private.

EDIT2: Yep The Swapper is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom