• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Jase, your generosity astounds, as much as your apparent lack of the need to sleep - thanks, as always, for the almighty SaoirseBot giveaways. Cheers mate.

I haven't finished Shadow Warrior yet but I hope it gets the same DLC treatment as Hard Reset. Exile was a great piece of content.

I can count the DLC I have ever bought on one hand, but this would add another finger.

Also thanks Saoirse for Alien Spidy, really wanna check that game out :).

Reus worth the $3.39 the Humble Store is asking for it? Looks interesting.

I enjoyed it well enough. It's not perfect, but a pretty competent God-type strategy game. My biggest problem with the game is that the games are relatively 'small' in scale. You start with a 30minute game, then followed by 60, 90, etc.

You could do a lot worth for $3.50

Stitch

Gold Member
So the Human Revolution DC is downloading a 2.1 GB Patch

We do have a patch coming on Monday that will address a number of bugs and graphics issues. Stay tuned for the full patch notes!

Mhh, okay...

Copons

Thank you super much JaseC for Star Wolves 3!

How refreshing is to get actual keys instead of links to a page where you have to write you data to get an email to open a page and finally to redeem the game?

FOX_

Neo Member
How strange. Getting a 504 gateway error on desktop site (tried all browsers) but mobile seems fine (albeit laggy). Obligatory Bane quote:

"Time to go mobile..."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Frozenbyte is at it again.

www.HugeSeal.com

Free coupons for indie games. I tried 5 and they all stack with discounts, but 4/5 of the coupons I got end on the 25th. The Death Rally 80% off coupon I got expires on 12/1 and stacks.

Additionally, if you buy three games with the coupons they send, they'll give you a random Steam key for one of the games they're promoting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Killing Floor for $5 on Humble Bundle
You Don't Know Jack's latest release for $5
Jade Empire: Special Edition for $5

OMG.

(Okay, OMG not for Jade Empire... maybe if it was $2.50 or so...)

Copons

Killing Floor for $5 on Humble Bundle
You Don't Know Jack's latest release for $5
Jade Empire: Special Edition for $5

OMG.

(Okay, OMG not for Jade Empire... maybe if it was $2.50 or so...)

Speaking of Jade Empire, how is the conversion?
There is my friend who is interested but then I noticed a review on Steam (from some GAFfer) saying it's converted very badly and totally unsupported.
So, is it at least playable or patchable with some mod?

Dahaka

Why can I see people on my friendlist play games while they are offline in the chatlist?

yes, I want to play without anyone knowing

maty

Thanks JaseC for Alien Spidy :)

Now, to give something back

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-D182F36BEF9D0683 - Taken by Oldschoolgamer. 13 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-361FD57FD0D1E9CE - Taken by XShagrath. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-E23E19ECFCCC53C1 - Taken by neoism. 1 entrants total.
C&C: Red Alert 3 -- MB-52A8CB0B8B898BCC - Taken by webrunner. 6 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC -- MB-6D8F546DC00E9E74 - Taken by trailmix16. 7 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP -- MB-D4CA0555018BD731 - Taken by user237. 8 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-DD7074DD0DB5CC08
Bastion -- MB-9B925C8C73E81BB3
Legends of Dawn -- MB-9DF83737A79FC0DA - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants. 3 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in Grandpa s Leftovers -- MB-17F9F6E6F73490AE - Taken by Sajjaja. 5 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-58B91A854D331377 - Taken by 73V3N. 7 entrants total.
Crysis 2 -- MB-60CFA04BFD0B0AA5 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 2 entrants total.
Project Aftermath -- MB-3761F81D25D02F88 - Taken by wazoo. 3 entrants total.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-96C577C5C4E61E1B - Taken by bloke. 14 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-4ED5937B501FB686 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 3 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-B569689DC7B93A55 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 10 entrants total.

t1384817234z1.png

Dr Dogg

Hey Jshackles when did Enhanced Steam have howlongtobeat times added? Only just started noticing them popping up. At this rate with the sterling work you're doing I'm not going to have to look anywhere but GAF and Enhanced Steam for all my Steam needs.

Now if only Chrome mobile started supporting extentions properly.

Well, better than Zwarte Piet if you know what I mean.

Ok that was something I shouldn't have googled lightly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey Jshackles when did Enhanced Steam have howlongtobeat times added? Only just started noticing them popping up. At this rate with the sterling work you're doing I'm not going to have to look anywhere but GAF and Enhanced Steam for all my Steam needs.

Now if only Chrome mobile started supporting extentions properly.

HowLongToBeat info has been in there for the last few versions, but I currently have to manually add entries in the database to get it to work. I've got about 350 games right now with info tied to them, and am adding more all the time.

I'm also working on a Firefox extension that is compatible with Firefox for Android.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Frozenbyte is at it again. www.HugeSeal.com Free coupons for indie games. I tried 5 and they all stack with discounts, but 4/5 of the coupons I got end on the 25th. The Death Rally 80% off coupon I got expires on 12/1 and stacks. Additionally, if you buy three games with the coupons they send, they'll give you a random Steam key for one of the games they're promoting.

There's barely five games on the list I don't own, so I asked for five coupons--Toki Tori 2, The Swapper, Cubetractor, Antichamber, and Reus. All 5 expire on the 25th. None are actually any better than past sales though, so unless the games go on sale as dailies in the next week they're pretty useless.

Antichamber -60% = 7.99. Previous lowest price: $6.79
Toki Tori 2 -40% = 8.99. Previous lowest price: $7.49
The Swapper -50% = 7.49. Previous lowest price: $7.49
Reus -66% = 3.39. Previous lowest price: $3.39
Cubetractor -50% = 4.99. Previous lowest price: $4.49

There's barely five games on the list I don't own, so I asked for five coupons--Toki Tori 2, The Swapper, Cubetractor, Antichamber, and Reus. All 5 expire on the 25th. None are actually any better than past sales though, so unless the games go on sale as dailies in the next week they're pretty useless.

Antichamber -60% = 7.99. Previous lowest price: $6.79
Toki Tori 2 -40% = 8.99. Previous lowest price: $7.49
The Swapper -50% = 7.49. Previous lowest price: $7.49
Reus -66% = 3.39. Previous lowest price: $3.39
Cubetractor -50% = 4.99. Previous lowest price: $4.49

This plus the incredible complexity of the sale is why I simply closed the tab and never looked back.

Colin.

Speaking of coupons, I have spares for Sequence (50% off, expires 24th) and A New Beginning: Final Cut (66% off, expires 25th). If anyone wants one, they are welcome to them.

Faabulous

...speaking of which, I'm trying to decide whether to switch my CS:GO server to either Killing Floor or Chivalry. I haven't played KF in a couple years, is there anything cool I could do with a server for it? Any new modes/maps that would be worth hosting?

What's wrong with CS:GO?

JakeD

Frozenbyte is at it again.

www.HugeSeal.com

Free coupons for indie games. I tried 5 and they all stack with discounts, but 4/5 of the coupons I got end on the 25th. The Death Rally 80% off coupon I got expires on 12/1 and stacks.

Additionally, if you buy three games with the coupons they send, they'll give you a random Steam key for one of the games they're promoting.

only games i actually wanted from this were Grimrock and Monaco, so naturally i bought grimrock and 5 games i had no actual interest in, in the hopes of getting Monaco for free. bam, Rochard and Universe Sandbox were my freebies.

ended up spending $13, when monaco and grimrock alone would have been $10. and now i have no monaco. lol oh well

louiedog

HowLongToBeat info has been in there for the last few versions, but I currently have to manually add entries in the database to get it to work. I've got about 350 games right now with info tied to them, and am adding more all the time.

Any way those entries could be crowd sourced so that you could just copy and paste to save time? I'd chip in some entries to help out.

I'm also working on a Firefox extension that is compatible with Firefox for Android.

Aw man. Reason #157 that I wish Chrome had extensions on Android. I'll probably definitely reinstall Firefox for at least the upcoming couple of holidays, depending on release, when I won't be around a computer as much. I'm looking forward to it.

Dec

lol. Whoever runs the Darksiders facebook is a bit out of it. Just posted "The Humble THQ Bundle Has Arrived" and a link to the news post for the THQ bundle from almost a year ago.

Joe Molotov

There was exactly 5 games on that list I didn't own:
- Reus
- Element4l
- Giana Sisters Twisted Dream: Rise of the Owlverlord
- Cubetractor
- Monaco

I bought Reus, Element4l, and Giana Sisters for $10, and it gave me Monaco for free.
JclLSeM.png

jshackles

only games i actually wanted from this were Grimrock and Monaco, so naturally i bought grimrock and 5 games i had no actual interest in, in the hopes of getting Monaco for free. bam, Rochard and Universe Sandbox were my freebies.

ended up spending $13, when monaco and grimrock alone would have been $10. and now i have no monaco. lol oh well

Yeah that's the big "gotcha" with random that isn't really random. Digging into their FAQs tells me that they have the games set on a ratio of 3:1. So for every three copies of the game people BUY, they give out ONE copy of said game. So obviously the free games will be much more weighted to the cheaper titles. Their FAQs also state that if you own a majority of the games already, they'll try to match your random key to something you don't own but that because of the aforementioned rule, that doesn't always happen. JoeMolotov is indeed one lucky fucker.

Any way those entries could be crowd sourced so that you could just copy and paste to save time? I'd chip in some entries to help out.

Aw man. Reason #157 that I wish Chrome had extensions on Android. I'll probably definitely reinstall Firefox for at least the upcoming couple of holidays, depending on release, when I won't be around a computer as much. I'm looking forward to it.

I really wish mobile Chrome had extension support too, even if it were different from desktop Chrome's codebase. I'll hopefully have the mobile Firefox version working by the Christmas sale, probably won't be by next week though. :(

And looking into crowd sourcing the HLTB database, hopefully have something set up in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom