• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

So in a few days we will be hitting the 8th thread of this ongoing saga.

That means we need a new title. bonus points if you can add a joke about the 8th generation, go nuts:

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - ?

Grief.exe

There was exactly 5 games on that list I didn't own:
- Reus
- Element4l
- Giana Sisters Twisted Dream: Rise of the Owlverlord
- Cubetractor
- Monaco

I bought Reus, Element4l, and Giana Sisters for $10, and it gave me Monaco for free.
JclLSeM.png

WHITEHOUSEBEER.jpg

That means we need a new title. bonus points if you can add a joke about the 8th generation, go nuts:

Something riffing off of the "X sitting in a warehouse" thing. JaseC's games sitting in a warehouse?

wetflame

Pizza Dog

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates V|II - ?
Whatever awesome title is chosen it'll end up being replaced by the next Steam bug that comes along, might as well skip the first part and name it STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Known bug with all your games being out of alphabetical order now

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Stump 8 Poutine and we all liked it

Whatever awesome title is chosen it'll end up being replaced by the next Steam bug that comes along, might as well skip the first part and name it STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Known bug with all your games being out of alphabetical order now
Nooooooooooooo, don't even joke like that! I'm pretty sure I'd go insane.

Dr Dogg

That or "Don't ask when the sale starts". Though there still will be people bloody asking anyway

HowLongToBeat info has been in there for the last few versions, but I currently have to manually add entries in the database to get it to work. I've got about 350 games right now with info tied to them, and am adding more all the time.

I'm also working on a Firefox extension that is compatible with Firefox for Android.

Dude you need a knighthood or something. I have enough trouble keeping my stats up to date on HLTB let alone adding it for the benefit of the community.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Confirmed: the new thread title must have the word Poutine in it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's basically cheesy chips with gravy. If it wasn't for the cheese it'd be a Northern UK staple.

It's cheese curds, chips, and gravy. You non-Canadians just don't get it.

It'd be really nice if the timing allowed for the Autumn Sale to be the thread cutover point.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Brick Lane Sunday market? which stall or area?
Yeah the Sunday market, was outside down at the end of Brick Lane near those two "beigel" places (the hot salted beef bagel with mustard was AMAZING). It was a little mobile stall though so might not be in a fixed position but probably will be around there. I remember it being near a bridge and a Boris bike docking area. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Slyjss

I was thinking about something like STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Santa Gaben is Coming to Town but I guess we'll have to deal with Autumn Sales and I'm not sure this thread is going to last for so long.

MRORANGE

Yeah the Sunday market, was outside down at the end of Brick Lane near those two "beigel" places (the hot salted beef bagel with mustard was AMAZING). It was a little mobile stall though so might not be in a fixed position but probably will be around there. I remember it being near a bridge and a Boris bike docking area. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Yup I know it well :) probably Scalter Street, might have a wonder next week anywho.

jshackles

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Squeenix, release Final Fantasy VIII already

Also, this. I finished Final Fantasy VII a few weeks ago and got tired of waiting on VIII (which I'll replay promptly when it arrives on Steam) so I started Final Fantasy V on my Nexus.

WOOOOOOOOO

I was refreshing JakeD giveaway like a crazy hobo and BAM! I won Rogue Legacy over 67 other cheapass GAFfers!!

Now my decision to ditch Rogue Legacy (and ETS2 :'( ) during the first day of Humble sale got much much more pleasant! :D

Thank you very much JakeD, I'll make good use of this key!

I think I got more enjoyment out of that post than I would have done if I had won.

Or something that doesn't sound completely ungrateful :/.

Technically true, but the phrasing of "This [day]/This past [day]/Next [day]" is understood and accepted as people refer to the current week as "this week".

Or you could just say Thursday for the day three days hence.

Thursday next week would be "Thursday week".

Do you not use "day week" to say the day in the following week down under?

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Where it's always "Next Gen!!!1!!"

I'm just lucky that Los Angeles has almost every food imaginable.

Well LA has got to have something going for it let's face it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ok, this thread would be still be going on until the 27th November then?

Ehhh, I can't really bend the rules or whatever especially on the odd chance that stuff was incorrect or the timing has changed. So we really need a new thread when we hit 20k. I was just lamenting the fact that the new thread will be locked temporarily shortly after. Oh well, it's fine, we've been doing this for years, it'll work fine.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Sweeter Than Molasses But Not As Slow

jshackles

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - The Last 20 Pages Are About Naming #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom