• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

8th Thread will probably be the last thread of the year.

Christmas and Autumn sales will take up a large percentage of the posts going forward.

The_Monk

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII Prices Fall in Autumn, Leafs Leaves Trees

...I'm just trying to learn that there's two names for the same thing depending if it's a British or Us Vocabulary. 3.5/10 I know my way out.
Not even sure if that's correct, probably not!

mileS

ok good I thought I was the only one with steam connection problems.

downtime usually tends to be around this time of day anyway.

Dr Dogg

Well if the new thread appears before the the sale and is locked just before and has to include the word poutine then the only logical title is...

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Poutine the cart before the horse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Death, Taxes, and Steam Sales

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Generational Stability

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Vexed-Gen

Hasney

The Internet in general appears to be messing up. Getting 500 errors on YouTube, Gaf has been screwing up and my other forum is dead too.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Looking for a good co-op puzzle game or at least some puzzle solving game play that doesn't take fast reflexes. Something along the lines of World Of Goo for example. Any suggestions?

So in a few days we will be hitting the 8th thread of this ongoing saga.

That means we need a new title. bonus points if you can add a joke about the 8th generation, go nuts:

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - ?

"Don't Go Into The White Light Of Consoles".
"Only Possible On Numerous Devices"
"Young Hillary Clinton's Poutine Stand"
"Where Coupons Still Matter"
"Playing Our Games At The Speed Of Molasses" or backlog.
"Secretly FoodGAF'
"Assume Sale Positions!"
"Don't Call It Next Gen, Steam's Been Here For Years".

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII- Come for the STEAM, stay for the Poutines.

I just know the thread title better have poutines.

The Cowboy

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Poutine The 8th Gen In Its Place.

I recon I'm gonna give this poutine a go tomorrow, I love chips and cheese and chips and gravy, so why not both together!.

JakeD

Yeah that's the big "gotcha" with random that isn't really random. Digging into their FAQs tells me that they have the games set on a ratio of 3:1. So for every three copies of the game people BUY, they give out ONE copy of said game. So obviously the free games will be much more weighted to the cheaper titles. Their FAQs also state that if you own a majority of the games already, they'll try to match your random key to something you don't own but that because of the aforementioned rule, that doesn't always happen. JoeMolotov is indeed one lucky fucker.

ok, i did exactly what they wanted me to do and bought a few more games (including monaco) and got spacechem for free

hugeseal.com redeemed!

edit: this little spending spree has put me over 500 games...this calls for a celebration (buying more games probably)

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Poutine is goddamn Thanksgiving food you punks

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Just going through the usual poutine

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Give thanks to Modbot

Hasney

Wish I knew when they were picking Steam streaming beta testers. My laptops HDMI port is getting dusty! Granted, I found I could wonderfully play Saints Row IV full speed on it, but it's not the same with everything on low, dammit!

Grief.exe

How is the port for Jade Empire? I kind of want to play it again, though I don't remember if I enjoyed it.

Quick research shows that the resolution is stretched and its locked to 30 frames initially. Not a good first impression.

These issues may be repairable.

AsylumX

Steam just ate my Awesomenauts 66% coupon... I wasn't going to use it but still, I feel robbed. Did this happened to anyone else???

So in a few days we will be hitting the 8th thread of this ongoing saga.

That means we need a new title. bonus points if you can add a joke about the 8th generation, go nuts:

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - ?

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - It steals more than your money...

PS: Is Legend of Grimrock that good? I don't know whether to get that or Reus...

The_Monk

Steam just ate my Awesomenauts 66% coupon... I wasn't going to use it but still, I feel robbed. Did this happened to anyone else???

I just check and I'm missing a couple of them too for some reason... Can't remember what they were but I know I had them.

Oh well, at least I still have Copons.

Freezard

How is the killing floor? good mod support?

It's excellent. Most of the official maps were actually made by modders and tweaked by the developers. A lot of the third party mods have become patched into the game now as well, and there are tons of cool maps and weapons and modes.

Copons

I just check and I'm missing a couple of them too for some reason... Can't remember what they were but I know I had them.

Oh well, at least I still have Copons.

The day Steam will allow to resell keys, let me know and I'm gonna sell you Awesomenauts at 66% off whatever price will be then!

And I don't care if you already have it! It's a COuPON, and you'll get it anyway!

Also, some coupons have an expiration date, so maybe that's it.

Nabs

Gotham City Impostors is still a lot of fun. Highly recommended, would play again.

I'm a sucker for a fast paced game and a decent rocket launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom